World Laughter Day

World Laughter Day
Userlevel 8
Badge +3

World Laughter Day is an annual event celebrated on the first Sunday of May. The day is dedicated to promoting laughter as a universal language of peace and understanding. Laughter has been scientifically proven to have numerous health benefits, both physically and mentally. It reduces stress, boosts the immune system, and improves mood. In addition, laughter is a great tool for bringing people together and breaking down barriers between different cultures and societies.

The history of World Laughter Day

The idea of World Laughter Day was first proposed by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the Laughter Yoga movement. Laughter Yoga is a unique concept that combines yoga breathing techniques with intentional laughter to create a joyful and uplifting experience. The first World Laughter Day was celebrated in 1998 in Mumbai, India, and since then, it has become a global phenomenon.

On World Laughter Day, people come together in public spaces to laugh, play games, and have fun. The day is celebrated in over 100 countries around the world, with events ranging from small gatherings to large-scale festivals. The goal is to spread the message of laughter and its positive impact on society.

Apps that’ll make you laugh and promote mindfulness

There are also many apps that promote laughter and positivity. Here are two apps that you can use to celebrate World Laughter Day and promote a healthy mind:

Laugh My App Off (LMAO) 

Laugh My App off (LMAO) is the new way of getting your “HAHA’s and LOL’s” on the go! It’s been scientifically proven that laughter is the best medicine and with Laugh My App Off, it is guaranteed to give you the best quips and jests all day long.

iOS - Android

Smiling Mind

This app is a mindfulness and meditation app that is designed to help you reduce stress and improve your mental wellbeing. It offers a range of guided meditations, mindfulness exercises, and relaxation techniques. The app also includes a laughter exercise that you can use to boost your mood and promote positivity. Smiling Mind is available for free on both Android and iOS.

iOS - Android

Giveaway Time! 

This month we want our Community members to come together and make each other laugh! So, we’re asking you to post your best ‘Dad Jokes’ or favorite meme below, and we’ll randomly select a winner.

They can be as funny or cringe as you want!

When posting your joke or meme, please be mindful of other members. Any jokes deemed to be offensive will be removed and members may be banned from using the Community in the future. 

Simply write your response below and click reply. 

Entries close at 23:59 on 31st May 2023, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after.

139 replies

Userlevel 1

What did the grape do when it was stood on?

It let out a little whine 🍷🤪

Userlevel 2

What did the man with the wooden leg say?

it’s a matter of O Pin ion.

Userlevel 2

Why don't scientists trust atoms?

Because they make up everything!

Userlevel 1

News flash some thief has stolen the toilets at the police station 

Police say they have nothing to go on

Userlevel 1

My favourite dad joke is I tried to take a photo of some fog but unfortunately I can't show you I mist.

Userlevel 1

Q: what music do software developers like the most?

A: Techno

Userlevel 1

How do you get a country girl’s attention?

A tractor.

What's brown and sticky? A stick

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

I'm thinking about getting a job teaching poetry in prisons. 

It has its prose and cons. 

Userlevel 2

Why did the coffee file a police report?

It got mugged.

Userlevel 1

I asked my friend Sam to sing a song about the iPhone 

and then Samsung

Userlevel 1

What's the key to a good joke timing.

Userlevel 1

Why didn't the toilet paper cross the road?

Because it got stuck in a crack.

Userlevel 1

My friend Joe went on the Dolly Parton diet…

It made Joe lean, Joe lean, Joe lean Joe lean 

Userlevel 1

What’s the best thing about Switzerland?

I don’t know, but the flag is a big plus.

Userlevel 1

What type of dog is good at magic?

A labra-cad-abra-dor

Userlevel 2

I told a joke on a zoom meeting today and nobody laughed.
Turns out I’m not remotely funny.

What did zero say to eight?

That's a tight belt..👀😅

Userlevel 1

Don’t take offence, take a gatepost.

Userlevel 1

I bought a dog from a blacksmith when I was young.

As soon as I got home, it made a bolt for the back door.

Userlevel 1

A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The driver says: 'Ugh, that's the ugliest baby I've ever seen!" The woman walks to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to the man next to her: "The driver just insulted me!" The man says: "You go up there and tell him off. Go on, I'll hold your monkey for you.

1. Why don't scientists trust atoms? Because they make up everything.

2. Why did the scarecrow win an award? Because he was outstanding in his field.

3. I told my wife she was drawing her eyebrows too high. She looked surprised.

4. What did the grape say when it got stepped on? Nothing, it just let out a little wine.

5. Why don't skeletons fight each other? They don't have the guts.

6. Why couldn't the bicycle stand up by itself? Because it was two-tired.

7. Why don't oysters share their pearls? Because they're shellfish.

8. Why did the tomato turn red? Because it saw the salad dressing!

9. Why did the coffee file a police report? It got mugged.

10. Why did the math book look so sad? Because it had too many problems.

I hope these jokes gave you a chuckle!

There's a sausage and bacon in an oven 

The sausage turns to the bacon and says "it's a bit hot in here!"

The bacon replies "oh my god, a talking sausage!" 

Why iD Mobile?