World Laughter Day

World Laughter Day
Userlevel 8
Badge +3

World Laughter Day is an annual event celebrated on the first Sunday of May. The day is dedicated to promoting laughter as a universal language of peace and understanding. Laughter has been scientifically proven to have numerous health benefits, both physically and mentally. It reduces stress, boosts the immune system, and improves mood. In addition, laughter is a great tool for bringing people together and breaking down barriers between different cultures and societies.

The history of World Laughter Day

The idea of World Laughter Day was first proposed by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the Laughter Yoga movement. Laughter Yoga is a unique concept that combines yoga breathing techniques with intentional laughter to create a joyful and uplifting experience. The first World Laughter Day was celebrated in 1998 in Mumbai, India, and since then, it has become a global phenomenon.

On World Laughter Day, people come together in public spaces to laugh, play games, and have fun. The day is celebrated in over 100 countries around the world, with events ranging from small gatherings to large-scale festivals. The goal is to spread the message of laughter and its positive impact on society.

Apps that’ll make you laugh and promote mindfulness

There are also many apps that promote laughter and positivity. Here are two apps that you can use to celebrate World Laughter Day and promote a healthy mind:

Laugh My App Off (LMAO) 

Laugh My App off (LMAO) is the new way of getting your “HAHA’s and LOL’s” on the go! It’s been scientifically proven that laughter is the best medicine and with Laugh My App Off, it is guaranteed to give you the best quips and jests all day long.

iOS - Android

Smiling Mind

This app is a mindfulness and meditation app that is designed to help you reduce stress and improve your mental wellbeing. It offers a range of guided meditations, mindfulness exercises, and relaxation techniques. The app also includes a laughter exercise that you can use to boost your mood and promote positivity. Smiling Mind is available for free on both Android and iOS.

iOS - Android

Giveaway Time! 

This month we want our Community members to come together and make each other laugh! So, we’re asking you to post your best ‘Dad Jokes’ or favorite meme below, and we’ll randomly select a winner.

They can be as funny or cringe as you want!

When posting your joke or meme, please be mindful of other members. Any jokes deemed to be offensive will be removed and members may be banned from using the Community in the future. 

Simply write your response below and click reply. 

Entries close at 23:59 on 31st May 2023, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after.

139 replies

What does a smartphone do when it wants to sleep?  It downloads a nap.

Userlevel 1

Cowboys in the old West used to hang lanterns on their saddles at night to help them find their way home......this was an early form of saddle light navigation. 

Userlevel 1

Why do golfers take an extra pair of socks with them when they play?" "In case they get a hole in one!"

Userlevel 2

I’ve just checked my home insurance policy and apparently if my duvet is stolen in the middle of the night, I’m not covered!

Userlevel 2

I’ve just come back from the national house building championships…….

I made it through to the semis...

Userlevel 1

Dad walks into a bar - ouch!

"What do a tick and the Eiffel Tower have in common?" "They're both Paris sites."

Userlevel 1

I almost drowned in my bowl of museli this morning...i was pulled in by a strong current!

Userlevel 1

What game do you play with a Wombat? Wom, of course.

Userlevel 1

World Laughter Day is an annual event celebrated on the first Sunday of May. The day is dedicated to promoting laughter as a universal language of peace and understanding. Laughter has been scientifically proven to have numerous health benefits, both physically and mentally. It reduces stress, boosts the immune system, and improves mood. In addition, laughter is a great tool for bringing people together and breaking down barriers between different cultures and societies.

The history of World Laughter Day

The idea of World Laughter Day was first proposed by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the Laughter Yoga movement. Laughter Yoga is a unique concept that combines yoga breathing techniques with intentional laughter to create a joyful and uplifting experience. The first World Laughter Day was celebrated in 1998 in Mumbai, India, and since then, it has become a global phenomenon.

On World Laughter Day, people come together in public spaces to laugh, play games, and have fun. The day is celebrated in over 100 countries around the world, with events ranging from small gatherings to large-scale festivals. The goal is to spread the message of laughter and its positive impact on society.

Apps that’ll make you laugh and promote mindfulness

There are also many apps that promote laughter and positivity. Here are two apps that you can use to celebrate World Laughter Day and promote a healthy mind:

Laugh My App Off (LMAO) 

Laugh My App off (LMAO) is the new way of getting your “HAHA’s and LOL’s” on the go! It’s been scientifically proven that laughter is the best medicine and with Laugh My App Off, it is guaranteed to give you the best quips and jests all day long.

iOS - Android

Smiling Mind

This app is a mindfulness and meditation app that is designed to help you reduce stress and improve your mental wellbeing. It offers a range of guided meditations, mindfulness exercises, and relaxation techniques. The app also includes a laughter exercise that you can use to boost your mood and promote positivity. Smiling Mind is available for free on both Android and iOS.

iOS - Android

Giveaway Time! 

This month we want our Community members to come together and make each other laugh! So, we’re asking you to post your best ‘Dad Jokes’ or favorite meme below, and we’ll randomly select a winner.

They can be as funny or cringe as you want!

When posting your joke or meme, please be mindful of other members. Any jokes deemed to be offensive will be removed and members may be banned from using the Community in the future. 

Simply write your response below and click reply. 

Entries close at 23:59 on 31st May 2023, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after.

Why was six afraid of seven?

Userlevel 1

Why was six afraid of seven?

because seven, ate nine lol 

Userlevel 1

What did the grape do when someone trod on him?

he let out a little wine lol

What do you call a girl with a sun lamp on her head ?

.Tanya

A classic: A driver stops in (insert name of place you want to insult), and asks directions to (insert name of place you like) and is told “I wouldn’t start from here”.

Userlevel 1

How do you kill a circus? 

Go for the juggler 😁

Userlevel 1

What’s the difference between Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi ? Answer  Saudi Arabia doesn’t show the Flintstones, but Abu Dhabi do.

I’ve decided to get rid of my vacuum cleaner. Well, it was just collecting dust!

Userlevel 2

What sits at the bottom of the sea and twitches?  A nervous wreck.

Userlevel 1

Why did the tomato blush? Because it saw the salad dressing!

Userlevel 1

Why can't your nose be 12" long? 

Because then it would be a foot.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Two time travelling explorers went back 100 million years. The first whispered, in fright, “What was that???”.  The other replied “I’m not sure… doyouthinkhesaurus?”

I always know when the mother-in-law is nearby, the mice throw themselves on the traps.

Where do you find mangoes? Where woman goes!

Userlevel 1

What do you call a man with a spade on his head?

Doug!

Why iD Mobile?