World Laughter Day

World Laughter Day
Userlevel 8
Badge +3

World Laughter Day is an annual event celebrated on the first Sunday of May. The day is dedicated to promoting laughter as a universal language of peace and understanding. Laughter has been scientifically proven to have numerous health benefits, both physically and mentally. It reduces stress, boosts the immune system, and improves mood. In addition, laughter is a great tool for bringing people together and breaking down barriers between different cultures and societies.

The history of World Laughter Day

The idea of World Laughter Day was first proposed by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the Laughter Yoga movement. Laughter Yoga is a unique concept that combines yoga breathing techniques with intentional laughter to create a joyful and uplifting experience. The first World Laughter Day was celebrated in 1998 in Mumbai, India, and since then, it has become a global phenomenon.

On World Laughter Day, people come together in public spaces to laugh, play games, and have fun. The day is celebrated in over 100 countries around the world, with events ranging from small gatherings to large-scale festivals. The goal is to spread the message of laughter and its positive impact on society.

Apps that’ll make you laugh and promote mindfulness

There are also many apps that promote laughter and positivity. Here are two apps that you can use to celebrate World Laughter Day and promote a healthy mind:

Laugh My App Off (LMAO) 

Laugh My App off (LMAO) is the new way of getting your “HAHA’s and LOL’s” on the go! It’s been scientifically proven that laughter is the best medicine and with Laugh My App Off, it is guaranteed to give you the best quips and jests all day long.

iOS - Android

Smiling Mind

This app is a mindfulness and meditation app that is designed to help you reduce stress and improve your mental wellbeing. It offers a range of guided meditations, mindfulness exercises, and relaxation techniques. The app also includes a laughter exercise that you can use to boost your mood and promote positivity. Smiling Mind is available for free on both Android and iOS.

iOS - Android

Giveaway Time! 

This month we want our Community members to come together and make each other laugh! So, we’re asking you to post your best ‘Dad Jokes’ or favorite meme below, and we’ll randomly select a winner.

They can be as funny or cringe as you want!

When posting your joke or meme, please be mindful of other members. Any jokes deemed to be offensive will be removed and members may be banned from using the Community in the future. 

Simply write your response below and click reply. 

Entries close at 23:59 on 31st May 2023, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after.

139 replies

Userlevel 1

A man walked into a bar…..

Ouch.

Userlevel 1

World Laughter Day is an annual event celebrated on the first Sunday of May. The day is dedicated to promoting laughter as a universal language of peace and understanding. Laughter has been scientifically proven to have numerous health benefits, both physically and mentally. It reduces stress, boosts the immune system, and improves mood. In addition, laughter is a great tool for bringing people together and breaking down barriers between different cultures and societies.

The idea of World Laughter Day was first proposed by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the Laughter Yoga movement. Laughter Yoga is a unique concept that combines yoga breathing techniques with intentional laughter to create a joyful and uplifting experience. The first World Laughter Day was celebrated in 1998 in Mumbai, India, and since then, it has become a global phenomenon.

On World Laughter Day, people come together in public spaces to laugh, play games, and have fun. The day is celebrated in over 100 countries around the world, with events ranging from small gatherings to large-scale festivals. The goal is to spread the message of laughter and its positive impact on society.

There are also many apps that promote laughter and positivity. Here are two apps that you can use to celebrate World Laughter Day and promote a healthy mind:

Laugh My App Off (LMAO) 

Laugh My App off (LMAO) is the new way of getting your “HAHA’s and LOL’s” on the go! It’s been scientifically proven that laughter is the best medicine and with Laugh My App Off, it is guaranteed to give you the best quips and jests all day long.

iOS - Android

Smiling Mind

This app is a mindfulness and meditation app that is designed to help you reduce stress and improve your mental wellbeing. It offers a range of guided meditations, mindfulness exercises, and relaxation techniques. The app also includes a laughter exercise that you can use to boost your mood and promote positivity. Smiling Mind is available for free on both Android and iOS.

iOS - Android

Giveaway Time! 

This month we want our Community members to come together and make each other laugh! So, we’re asking you to post your best ‘Dad Jokes’ or favorite meme below, and we’ll randomly select a winner.

When posting your joke or meme, please be mindful of other members. Any jokes deemed to be offensive will be removed and members may be banned from using the Community in the future. 

Entries close at 23:59 on 31st May 2023, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after.

Why should you take a pencil to bed with you?

To draw the curtains! 😁

Userlevel 1

Laugh My App Off (LMAO) 

iOS - Android

Smiling Mind

iOS - Android

Giveaway Time! 

Entries close at 23:59 on 31st May 2023, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after

Autocorrect has become my worst enema

Ba dum tsh 🥁

Userlevel 1

Laugh My App Off (LMAO) 

iOS - Android

Smiling Mind

iOS - Android

Giveaway Time! 

Entries close at 23:59 on 31st May 2023, and we'll announce the lucky iD community winner shortly after

Userlevel 1

Autocorrect has become my worst enema 

Ba dum tsh!🥁

Userlevel 1

1 What’s the difference between a steak pie and an apple 

about £1.25

2 Why didn’t the skeleton go to the ball 

because it had no body to go with 

3 why did the dog fall off the wall 

because it was dead 

4 a man walks into a bar 

ouch!!!!!

Userlevel 2

Why don’t eggs tell jokes? Because they’d crack each other up!

Userlevel 2

Cost me a fortune today. Facebook was down, so I had to ring 42 friends to tell them what I had for breakfast.

I used to be 'apathetic' but I really can't be arsed any more..

Userlevel 1

What do you call two rows of cabbages in a field?

A dual cabbage way

Userlevel 1
Badge

What did the Zero say to the 8?  Nice belt. 😃

Userlevel 3

What’s black and white and red all over?

A newspaper!

I got a book from the libary about Vaseline. It was in the non friction section.

Userlevel 1

Last night me and my boyfriend watched 2 DVD’s back to back, luckily I was the one facing the TV 😂

Userlevel 1

Knock knock, who’s there , tank , tank who

your welcome 

Userlevel 1

What do you call a constipated detective? 

no 💩sherlock 😂😂😂

Why is 6 scared of 7….? Because 7, 8 (ate), 9! 

Userlevel 1

Patient: Doctor, please help me. I feel like a pair of curtains.

Doctor:  Just pull yourself together.

Userlevel 1

“Doctor Doctor I feel like a pair of curtains”

Doc: “Pull yourself together then!”

Userlevel 1

I said to my dad I need a new belt

He said I got you and returned with 2 watches connected together.…

I said this won't fit

He replied... well that was a waist of time 

🤣🤣

Userlevel 1

Two men walk into a bar.

Knock Knock.

What did the big chimney say to the little chimney?

Your to young to smoke 

Userlevel 1

What’s the difference between a stoat and a weasel.  

a weasel’s weasily recognisable, a stoat’s stoatally different. 

Userlevel 1

I was walking along the street the other day when I slipped in dog poo. A minute later, some guy did exactly the same thing. I said to him, “I just did that.” So, he punched me in the face and called me a dirty so-and-so.

Userlevel 1

What sound do porcupines make when they kiss?

Ouch!

Why iD Mobile?