Question

Cant call or access voicemail in Florida

I’ve tried to call home but it doesn’t ring (just nothing), I’ve tried to access my voicemail (same problem). And when someone calls me, it just goes straight to voicemail - please help. As far as I can see on my app, all settings are as they should be.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you got roaming enabled on your phone?

Assuming you’re not PAYG, you’ll also need to have a large bill cap value set on your account, as calls to voicemail from overseas are chargeable at roaming rates for the USA.

Roaming and international calls are all turned on, no cap set as I wanted to ensure I could use it whenever I turned roaming on. I can’t even call my wife’s mobile and she is out here with me.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Does “no cap set” mean your bill cap (in your iD My Account online) is £0?

If your bill cap is set to £0, you won’t be able to make roaming calls in the USA.

The “How do I ensure roaming is setup?” community article has more about roaming abroad.

The iD Mobile roaming partners in the USA are: AT&T and T-Mobile.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I don’t know how long you’ve had your iD Mobile SIM card, but @adambard similar problems roaming state-side.

@adambard solved his USA roaming issues after getting a replacement SIM card from iD - as noted here and here.

Why iD Mobile?