Solved

My data allowance has shrunk from 120 GB to 1.5 GB

Userlevel 1

I finally managed to migrate to this awful new app only to find the 120 GB data allowance on my contract has been reduced 1.5 GB. If I didn't have a rollover amount left I would be out of data now. Can I please have old allowance reinstated. I've tried to get through on live chat, but that doesn't seem to be working.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 16 April 2024, 10:53

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MCallaghan 

The team are aware and working on some issues with how data allowances appear in the app, the app may be incorrect.

Have you changed plan or upgraded recently? This would reset your rollover data.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I haven’t upgraded or changed plan. My data allowance simply dropped from 120 GB  to 1.5 GB after migrating to the new app. I certainly hope that the app is just showing the amount of data incorrectly.

Michael

Userlevel 2

Hi @MCallaghan 

Had similar issue (which has since resolved itself) however if you ring 7777 and go Option 1 and then again Option 1 you should get an up to date remaining allowance balance for calls and data 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @MCallaghan,

It does sound like an error on the app.

Please try the options that @co99 has advised and it should provide the remaining allowances.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the assistance, but this isn't getting to the actual problem. I have 192 GB available because I haven't used my allowance due to being abroad for two months. My problem is that my contractual allowance is 120 GB per month, but the app shows that my contractual allowance is 1.5 GB per month. So once I have gone beyond my rollover 192 GB that remain I will only have 1.5 GB and not the 120 GB that I signed up for.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks for the assistance, but this isn't getting to the actual problem. I have 192 GB available because I haven't used my allowance due to being abroad for two months. My problem is that my contractual allowance is 120 GB per month, but the app shows that my contractual allowance is 1.5 GB per month. So once I have gone beyond my rollover 192 GB that remain I will only have 1.5 GB and not the 120 GB that I signed up for.

Sounds like the iD app is wrong, @MCallaghan

What is shown when you view your iD account online at https://my.idmobile.co.uk?  

Userlevel 1

192/1.5

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the interface between the new iD app and new “My iD Account” online service, and the iD Mobile back-end customer billing & data system(s) isn’t working properly? 

Userlevel 1

That's my thoughts. But I need to know what they actually have now as my monthly allowance. I need certainty not hope. This is the whole problem with this migration to the new app. Before we new what we had. Now it seems to be pure guess work. I am getting very angry about the lack of transparency.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe you’ll get certainty about your ACCOUNT data allowance by chatting to a customer adviser, via the online iD Live Chat service, @MCallaghan.

The advisers usually work until 8pm on weekdays. 

Userlevel 1

I have tried to use the live chat service several times, but it just goes straight to the chat bot which is completely useless.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have tried to use the live chat service several times, but it just goes straight to the chat bot which is completely useless.

Have you tried typing “talk to a person” after connecting to chat, @MCallaghan

This should help you avoid the annoying 24/7 chat-bot.

🤞

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @MCallaghan,

Please feel free to get back in touch here if you require further assistance.

Kash

Did this issue get resolved? I've just noticed I've had the same issue exactly for the last 2 months. 70gig contract but only showing 1.5. was it just an error in the app?

Userlevel 1

Hi,

No this issue is still not resolved. Until now there have been problems even logging into the app. I'll try getting through on live chat tomorrow. Frankly I can hardly wait to leave iD Mobile.

Hopefully they sort the issue out soon, unfortunately I'm not in the country right now so I'll have to wait till I return to try and sort it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi,

The issue has now been resolved with the app so you should see the correct usage.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. Essential maintenance has been completed. The iD Mobile app and My Account online are back up and running for new registrations and existing users.

Want to leave feedback for the iD Mobile app? Click here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?