Solved

My order was declined. Why?

• 12 October 2018
  • 48 replies

Show first post

48 replies

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply.

The problem I have is that the ID mobile email causes unsolicited alarm and concern since it specifically mentions credit checks:

Unfortunately you didn't meet the credit check criteria required for the contract you requested.

This prompts the customer into action unnecessarily investigating if their credit score has problem when in reality it turns out they do not. 

This is distressing for a would be customer and I would think more so for our distinguished elders.

This company needs to address this issue and return a more suitable message, along with improving their customer support to deal with such problems.

If it a problem with proving identity then they should say so.
If its a problem with credit score then by all means say so.

I suspect there is a more at play here.

Since I was passed through by a uSwitch deal that was way better than I found elsewhere, even better than directly visiting ID mobile site.
I suspect this deal doesn’t really exist or is no longer viable so rather than say such they ID comes back with some BS so not to get into trouble with trading standards.
This is why I am going to complain to ombudsman, I recommend other do the same.

Here is the deal I followed:
https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/deal/?id=132b4db39a093bb612f5de7f2c789abe4fa73683&splashpage=true 

Thanks for your reply Mohammed.

I have one existing contract over three months old and was looking to acquire an additional phone contract for my son.

We have been advised separately by id mobile that it is possible to get additional family contracts.
DavyG,

I am sorry to hear of your similar experience but at least now know for certain that I was not an unfortunate isolated case. As a family we have not previously had a problem with multiple family contracts and were therefore surprised to have this very harsh and certainly not customer friendly approach from iD.

Your comment as to Experian advice is of interest and I too am concerned over impacts on credit ratings.

What has frustrated me most is that with every contact there seems to be differing advice from their staff and a "russian roulette" approach to re-applications. We have been told yes do re-apply and it may possibly go through but bear in mind if refused this could affect your credit rating.

We have been told:

• After the initial decline email, the application was still being processed and would be successful. It was not.
  • The refusal was down to three monthly payments not having been made. We waited till three payments made - STILL REFUSED
  • Try again after 6 payments and it MAY go through BUT may not.
  • A record would be put on the file and it would definitely go through next time. Without some confidence as to this I am unprepared to take the risk.
iD mobile need to get their act together and provide clear and comprehensive advice to both customers and their own staff as to multiple applications to avoid these ongoing issues.
Hi Kevin, in our case it was a second phone contract in my wife's name for our daughter and a second phone contract in my name for our son.

We will be probably looking to start a new contract for our daughter with her previous provider. I would again suspect it will be effortless like DavyG has found.
The above detailed iD standard response was the same one that my wife and I got. Following this reply to my wife's application (the first), the shock and disbelief made us immediately apply and check her credit record to ensure that there was no unknown fraud or similar activity showing that may have caused this.

After her contact with iD Mobile she was told that the refused application was no doubt that three payments had not yet been made on her contract but after three payments an application should go through successfully.

As I had made three payments on my contract, this encouraged me to make an application which was then refused with the same standard response.

It is encouraging to know that changes are afoot but this is a little too late for us that have suffered very inconsistent advice from your staff with now potentially adverse affects on credit records.

I too would like confirmation that there will be no negative impact on my credit file.

SMac
Userlevel 1
Smac,
I too am in a similar position. I joined iD mobile in August and decided last week to get a cheap £5 sim only month contract from iD for my daughter. Everything with the online order seemed ok until the next day I got email advising my order was being cancelled due to a failed credit check (I have however 999 credit score on well known agency). Called customer services at iD and voiced my complete annoyance at this treatment as advisor could not give any specific reason for cancellation but logged my complaint giving me a reference number (no contact on this subject by iD to date). The advisor also suggested I try again as it may have been an error on input of information when applying, which I later did. Surprise surprise I got cancelled again.

There would appear to be a problem with holding two contracts in the same name, this being the only explanation I can see. I must also mention that according to Experian advisor, iD must give a better explanation of refusal on credit check grounds than you just didn't pass the check, as outlined in regulatory guidance .

I fully intend pursue a better explanation and seek to have any negative impact on my credit rating removed by this nonsense.
Userlevel 1
Hi Kevin,

I joined iD in August 2018 on a sim only £10 p.m. 8GB data 500 min, unlimited texts (1 month contract) no porting involved, new number.

I wanted a sim only £5 p.m. 1GB data 500 min, unlimited texts (1 month contract) for my daughter, which is the contract I tried to buy online and was later declined by email advising I had failed the credit check process.

Still not received any further contact from iD on customer complaint, raised last Thursday on this matter, have now effortlessly signed up for Plusnet account for my daughter.
Userlevel 1

Just a quick update.  Just so you know, iDMobile make it impossible to complain.  What a fantastic ruse.  I bet if you look at their stats they don’t get any complaints.  And you can’t go to the Ombudsman unless you’ve already complained.  Absolutely brilliant!!  What a fantastically corrupt organisation.  How do companies get away with this sort of behaviour in this day and age?  They won’t give you an email address to write to.  You can’t complain via the chat function.  And when you write to the complaints address that is listed on their website, it comes back with a little sticker from Royal Mail saying ‘addressee gone away’.  You could not make this stuff up.  The only way to complain is via telephone, and you can’t get through, and obviously if you do then there is no written record of your complaint.  Avoid this company at all costs ….

I have recently had this exact same issue and am unable to speak to anyone at ID as the customer service lines are not currently running. Can you provide any clarity on what the outcome was on the above cases. I would like to know whether I have experienced a credit check failure or whether this was actually a decline from ID’s systems as has been suggested above. 

I would really appreciate a response from ID on this as soon as possible. 

Many thanks, 

Ellie 

Hi,

2021 and the same issue is ongoing - unbelievable. None of the proposed improvements mentioned by the ID mobile employees Kevin and Rory above have happened.

I was sent the same email - was equally astonished given an excellent credit rating (999) across all three agencies; mortgage, credit card etc. and - highest of ironies - a contract with Three mobile over many years (same company?!).

ID mobile customer services (a ‘chat’ agent… impossible to talk to someone on the phone) claimed incorrectly that the credit agency determines the outcome (false). Could not tell me what had prompted the fail, simply said ‘wait 30 days’.

Checked my credit reports and found Equifax had the wrong current address down - not updated (should have been changed 2 years ago). Asked for a correction, received confirmation this was done. 

Meanwhile spoke to an iD customer service team member who called me to respond to a complaint submitted on the website. They advised me to speak to the sales team, who they said could help me apply before the 30 days. I eventually (after 3 times of trying) got through to a chat ‘agent’ again on the live chat. They could give no further information or confirm what their colleague said. They only said I could ‘try’ but they wouldn’t know if it would be accepted as not sure if credit report corrections had been made.

Since Equifax had confirmed the change I reapplied - and again within 30 mins get the same rejection email. I have heard that even the way the address is entered can cause a ‘computer says no’ response: but the iD mobile form does not allow you to enter the address the way it appears in my report (flat number + building name on one line, street name on the next).

It is crazy that I am left powerless and concerned that (a) I can’t get a simple, rolling monthly, cheap mobile phone contract, (b) I don’t have the right to know why and (c) that this could impact my credit rating. I’ve read horror stories of refusals for mortgages etc. over less.

ID mobile are clearly losing customers. I’m beyond frustrated and unimpressed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Steve GSmith

We don’t provide specific information regarding a credit check failure, further to this we don’t provide any information on an internal security check failure.

If a deal isn’t available we would remove it from the website but still fulfill the order if it has been placed.

Kash

Userlevel 1

@Kash 

We don’t provide specific information regarding a credit check failure, further to this we don’t provide any information on an internal security check failure.

But you seem all too happy to provide false and misleading information in your emails by specifically mentioning: 

Unfortunately you didn't meet the credit check criteria required for the contract you requested.

If a deal isn’t available we would remove it from the website but still fulfill the order if it has been placed.

So you say. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @912 Matt,

We offer multiple ways to make a complaint.

You can contact us via Live Chat, Social Media, iD Community. or by calling our Complaints Team.

If you would like us to raise a complaint via the Community please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just a quick update.  Just so you know, iDMobile make it impossible to complain.  What a fantastic ruse.  I bet if you look at their stats they don’t get any complaints.  And you can’t go to the Ombudsman unless you’ve already complained.  Absolutely brilliant!!  What a fantastically corrupt organisation.  How do companies get away with this sort of behaviour in this day and age?  They won’t give you an email address to write to.  You can’t complain via the chat function.  And when you write to the complaints address that is listed on their website, it comes back with a little sticker from Royal Mail saying ‘addressee gone away’.  You could not make this stuff up.  The only way to complain is via telephone, and you can’t get through, and obviously if you do then there is no written record of your complaint.  Avoid this company at all costs ….

Doesn’t iD Complaints play an all calls are recorded for quality and training purposes message, when you telephone this department @912 Matt?  

Userlevel 1

My issue is that they control the recording, not me! 

Userlevel 1

Hi @912 Matt,

We offer multiple ways to make a complaint.

You can contact us via Live Chat, Social Media, iD Community. or by calling our Complaints Team.

If you would like us to raise a complaint via the Community please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Why do you list an address for complaints on your website that does not accept post?!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

My issue is that they control the recording, not me! 

Couldn’t you record the complaint call at your end? 
You’d assume the iD agent wouldn’t have any objections.

Userlevel 1

This has happened to me who have no credit problems on any front. When declined online for failed to pass credit check with id, I went to curry's. Found that they don't have my handset color in  stock. 

My strong feeling is they advertise for the deals that don't exist. Rather than getting in trouble with trading standards they say failed credit check where they don't have any accountability. This has to stop. This happens with the deals that are good with idmobile only. A coincidence?

I also was refused credit check, along with my wife today. Both of us have excellent credit rating and no issue with any other company. I raised the issue and am supposed to be contacted by a senior person but we will see.

This is not a credit rating issue and the list of annoyed potential customers shows that. It is an issue with ID Mobile algorithm in determining who is accepted. This clearly looks like discrimination by refusing valid individuals without explanation. If not sorted soon it will be raised through the press and Ombudsman 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @912 Matt 

We definitely allow complaints by post as suggested on the complaints page.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

Tom

Userlevel 1

Have you read any of this thread Tom?!

I wrote to the complaints address shown on your website on 3rd of August.

On Saturday I received the attached from Royal Mail, clearly showing that ‘addressee gone away’.

Would you like to revise your post above in light of this evidence?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @elliespells, thanks for getting in touch, and sorry to hear about your order being declined. Did you receive any sort of email correspondence explaining why your order wasn’t processed on this occasion? The most common reasons would be a failed credit check, a failed internal security check, or the fact you already have too many active lines with iD Mobile. 

If you still need us to shed some light on your particular case, just let us know and we’ll get someone from the team to drop you a private message.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @912 Matt and @Steve GSmith,

I’m sorry to hear you both feel this way.

Credit Checks and security checks are run on all orders and the decision for these are final.

Credit Checks relate to your credit score.

Security Checks check against a set criteria and are used for fraud prevention.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?