Question

new phone contract not working?

• 28 January 2022
  • 5 replies

I ordered a new contract, I received the phone and sim yesterday ,the sim isn’t working, what can I do? 

Check your coverage      Tested     OK

compatible handset         Tested     OK

• Put your phone into flight mode, leave it for 30 seconds, and then disable flight mode.
  • Check that the SIM card is inserted correctly.
  • Restart your device.
  • Turn off your device, remove your SIM, and clean it using a micro-fibre cloth. Then re-insert it and try again.
  • Try the SIM card in another 'iD compatible handset', and test the connection in a few locations to see if the SIM connects. If you don’t experience any issues with the other handset, your original phone may be at fault.  
  •                                                        Tested

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @fatfazi,

Sorry, it’s not clear from the initial post - does the iD SIM you received with your new phone work in another handset?

If the SIM isn’t working, ask iD for a replacement SIM.

The community article “How do I get a replacement SIM card?” explains what to do.

Anyway, good luck.

Hi
Does not work with other phones.  I checked everything, I turned it off, I turned it on.  I have 4G coverage in my place.  Nothing works, "no sim" pops up.  I cleaned the sim card.  Still nothing.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @fatfazi, that does sound frustrating.

Was your new contract an upgrade or are you a new customer?

New customers get an activated SIM, but existing customers who upgrade MUST activate the SIM that comes with their upgrade handset.

If you’re new to iD, it sounds like you’ve received a faulty SIM card, so you’ll need a replacement. The community article “How do I get a replacement SIM card?” explains what to do.

Anyway, good luck.

Having the same problem!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Liz Hinds and @fatfazi,

Which phones have you both ordered?

Did you try updating the software to check you’re on the latest one?

Why iD Mobile?