Solved

new phone, same contract

• 2 November 2023
  • 8 replies

I want to keep my existing SIM only contract with idmobile but buy a new phone outright. Can I just put my old SIM card in the new phone to keep my number without the need for a pac code etc. Does the new phone need to be unlocked when I buy it?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 2 November 2023, 10:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you buy a new unlocked phone, and your old iD SIM card fits in the new phone, you’ll keep your number @johnmackenzie. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @johnmackenzie 

As indicated by @andewhite above, if you purchase an unlocked, supported device you’ll be able to move the iD Mobile SIM over to it.

Tom

Userlevel 1

I have just bought an IPhone 13 and It doesn’t recognise my ID SIM card. It is asking for a qr code

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @chamar0656 

I believe that option is presented when attempting to set up an eSIM, which isn’t something we currently offer or support.

I’d recommend going back or skipping this step.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thank you, yes Tom that was helpful

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@chamar0656,

Glad to hear that.

If you require further assistance, please get back to us.

Kash

Did as above with new phone which I then lost. ID are now saying that they can’t blacklist my lost phone as they have no record of its IMEI number being linked to my contact. What can I do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Steve Rundle,

Welcome to the Community!

If the team have advised that the IMEI can’t be located being used with the iD Mobile SIM, we wouldn’t be able to blacklist the handset.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?