Question

Oppo Find X3 Neo 12G RAM Utter junk or is it provider data issues? 14 cool off?

• 8 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi…

I was with O2 for so many years, not upgraded since Huawei P20 Mate Pro was on sim only as no phones of interest.

Fast forward saw ID mobile and the Oppo Find X3 Neo and its large 12G RAM and 256gb storage, figured I’d give it a go, read good reviews on phone, etc.

Phone arrived a day early, looks nice, lovely screen picture, etc..

But quickly I noticed data and performance issues and its REALLY BAD at simple 4k 30fps DJI MP4 video editing on Powerdirector Pro, even photo editing via Photoshop Express and Lightroom Mobile is painful and hangs for 30 odd seconds before actually saving a jpeg.

I’m also struggling to get on various websites when out, although signal states good and 4g or 5g but Spotify works in car (Streaming)

Every time I arrive home the phone goes mad, chiming, beeping for messages, FB, Instagram, etc basically as soon as it connects to my wifi network.

Surely this cant be right, I mean 12Gb of RAM!!! or is it just nasty cheap RAM?

To compare, my P20 Mate Pro is only 6Gb RAM but is more smooth and way quicker, being its almost 4 years old now, that’s something to note.

Lastly battery, I’m having to charge by 3pm but people rate the battery life??

This, if the norm is no good to me, I film via drone, The Royal Navy Ships and Cruise ships on south coast while at sea, its critical I have data and no RAM buffering.

I fly DJI Pro drones, I need fast GPS and the ability to connect to air maps and special drone weather apps while out and while flying.

Can anybody advise, is there a distance buying cooling off period? is there know ID Mobile network issues, is the Oppo actually a poor phone?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi…

I was with O2 for so many years, not upgraded since Huawei P20 Mate Pro was on sim only as no phones of interest.

Can anybody advise, is there a distance buying cooling off period? is there know ID Mobile network issues, is the Oppo actually a poor phone?

Hello @Shane Pearce,

Can’t comment on Oppo, but iD Mobile has been reliable for me over a number of years.

The community article “How do I cancel or return my order” might help, if you have joined recently.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Hi…

Hello @Shane Pearce,

Can’t comment on Oppo, but iD Mobile has been reliable for me over a number of years.

The community article “How do I cancel or return my order” might help, if you have joined recently.

Anyway, good luck.

Thanks, hoping its just a dud phone, so far NOT the greatest help from ID Mobile other than they would want £780 to cancel contract now.

So not the best start, 15yrs with O2 and 3 network before that.. luckily Ive yet to sell my old P20 Mate so will have to go back to that for now 

Ill go check that link anyway, thanks again

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Shane Pearce, your Oppo seems a dud.

The “Mobile Phone Repair” community article might help.

Did you have problems using the 3 network before moving to O2? 

You probably know this, but iD Mobile is a MVNO who’ve partnered with 3 - anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Okay @Shane Pearce, your Oppo seems a dud.

The “Mobile Phone Repair” community article might help.

Did you have problems using the 3 network before moving to O2? 

You probably know this, but iD Mobile is a MVNO who’ve partnered with 3 - anyway, good luck.

it was a while ago now, I recall signal was an issue back then, but I was North Lincolnshire, now South coast Nr Winchester, Hampshire..

Signal shows as good, shows 5G yet waiting for blue bar when TRYING to watch GPS ship movements, may sound sad, but I watch for movements of 4 or 5 tugs then launch drone, as the military hide there positions, yesterday almost missed the HUGE HMS Queen Elizabeth Aircraft carrier thanks to phone or network.

Sadly today I commented on an Oppo Facebook ad, where they are pushing the Find X5 Neo as being all that, told them what I think politely, explained issue, low and behold another chap came in.. EXACT SAME ISSUE i.e Terrible RAM buffering/lag in general feels like 2Gb of RAM and it cant cope with a single application let alone multiple.

So thanks to Oppo, ID Mobile will lose a customer as I cant change phone apparently, only the exact same replacement if faulty, so will return under acts of distance selling, fit for purpose and 14 day cooling off period, so costs me nothing but data and line used.

ID Mobile, I suggest maybe dropping Oppo, as many Chinese phones are actually really good.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Shane Pearce, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Sounds like you’re dealing with two separate issues here; lag in applications sounds more like a hardware issue, while buffering could potentially point to a network issue. However, if the phone is struggling to run a single application despite having 12GB RAM, that would seem to suggest a faulty device in my opinion.

The Find X3 Neo has been tested and approved for use on iD, so at some point, one of our guys has had a good play around with the device on our network and given it the thumbs up. For that reason, I’d suggest you might have a dud unit, so I’d recommend speaking to whoever you purchased it from. 

You say coverage levels are good, but have you also entered your postcode here to see if there are any temporary mast issues affecting things? 

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?