Solved

pay monthly due a upgrade but can i upgrade to sim deal only

Userlevel 1

im on pay monthly contract with idmobile and im due a upgrade but i just clicked upgrade and clicked sim deal but i dont know if it otherwrites the original contract or does it start a new one by doing this?

if so looks like i will after cancel the pay monthly contract and swap my number other to the sim deal

icon

Best answer by andewhite 11 May 2022, 14:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Your iD My Account will be updated to reflect the fact you’ve decided to upgrade and you’ll keep your existing iD mobile number.

The back-end systems take a while to process these upgrade requests, so your upgrade will take a while to show-up in your iD My Account.

There’s more about how this works in the following community articles:

1. Pay monthly upgrades: Everything you need to know
  2. Understanding your iD Mobile bill

Good luck.

Please can you tell me what happened as I’m in the same situation now. Just clicked upgrade to sim only plan which is £8 a month from pay monthly £43 as I’ve paid off my phone and nothing stated that my old contract will switch and I’m worried both direct debits will go out? Did you get to keep your old number?

Userlevel 1

i upgraded and it was adjusted a few days later you do get a new sim but dont use it as it doesnt effect your old sim your using might take 48hrs to update on your account

Thank you for your response. So you don’t think I’ll keep getting billed for my old contract that ended on 4th of may? It did say it’s set to continue that price before I upgraded

Userlevel 1

no my bill got credited when i downgraded to sim deal only

just check on monday or few days you will see a change on your contract and what next payment be

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you for your response. So you don’t think I’ll keep getting billed for my old contract that ended on 4th of may? It did say it’s set to continue that price before I upgraded

You’ll pay the amount due for your old contract right up to the point-in-time you upgraded.

The billing period that covers the date you upgraded might look a bit odd, as your plan cost changes from £41.52 to £8 per month.

It’s all explained in the “Understanding your iD Mobile bill” article, but your new plan will show-up in your iD My Account and the iD app in due course.

Why iD Mobile?