Solved

phone with split personality! (Different number after port on texts)

• 27 September 2019
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 1
I’m guessing that this is a porting issue but......
I just took out a new contract and got a PAC code from my old network to keep my old number.
I got a text from ID saying my number was transferred and it shows up on my dashboard when I log into ID online or with the app.
When I make calls it’s all rosey, my name and transferred number show on the recipients phone, and I can call my phone with the transferred number. Texting on the other hand.....they are sent and received from the original number that the SIM card had, and that number also shows up in settings associated with text messages and my various ‘i’ accounts, and also on the details of my phone under the devices associated with my iCloud account.
As it’s attempting to use two numbers on one phone I can only assume that the porting of the number hasn’t worked properly unless anyone knows better!
Thanks,
Dan
icon

Best answer by Gregor 27 September 2019, 20:50

View original

27 replies

No such thing on my Google u go to messages but no settings button unless u go to the setting through the Google side and then no chaat features. So what do I do now please

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey John,

You should have a settings option on the Messages app.

You may need to tap the Google Account photo in the top right corner to access this.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?