Solved

Refer a Friend Not Working

I have just wasted 1.5 hours trying to resolve issue with refer-a-friend using the online chat and i am going crazy.  

I referred my mum who signed up via link, she joined id and received an email to click a link to submit account number for refer-a-friend

Clicking this link goes to the original refer a friend page where you enter email to start refer a friend process AND NOT a page to enter account number.  

Can someone please help 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 31 October 2022, 14:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

30 replies

I would appreciate some help from idMobile  on this problem

i have noticed this problem existed 6 months ago and was resolved by someone sending a private message with codes.  Can someone from id please contact me so this can be resolved.

Can someone please help with this issue 

okay can someone give me a number to call to complain about this - I have had enough and want to speak to someone about this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @spluff,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with submitting a refer a friend claim.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

I have the same issue as Spluff. I need someone to contact me direct and I’ll share account numbers etc

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Tricky2,

No problem, we can escalate this.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello.  I have the same problem too.  I am a referred friend and sign up using the link my brother sent me.  Followed procedure and received a welcome email with the “Submit your Account Number” link in the email.  

I duly purchased an iD product, received my account number and clicked on the Submit your Account Number link on the welcome email.  It simply took me to the Refer-a-friend homepage, and no facility for me to enter my account number. 

I’m supposed to do this within 14 days after purchasing the iD product, in order to comply with the Refer-a-friend T&C.  Today is day 3.

Please help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rosetta 

Are you able to try opening the link on another device/browser?

Or possibly copy and paste the link into the browser directly instead of clicking it?

Tom

Userlevel 1

The link opens fine, except that the URL it goes to is NOT for submitting my account number. It goes to the Refer a Friend main page. It's same whether I use my phone, my tablet or my desktop. I see that the same issue has been reported by a number of other people before. 

I asked around and other referred friends said it didn't work for them either, and they didn't bother sorting it. If I knew, I wouldn't bother either -- not worth my time.

I hope my comment here would help save someone's time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rosetta 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

having the same problem, using the email link but its going to refer a friend sign up page rather than submit account number

not a great start and introduction to a new company!

Userlevel 1

iD Mobile did PM me but it's still not sorted. They were asking questions about my account details (which they should know), then asked about details of my referrer (which they also should know from the referrer's link which I used. Every stage took some extra stage. It seems to me a tactic of stalling, or hoping their customer would give up and forget about it. I shall see, and report to Community.

You're right, not a good start of a new company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

iD Mobile did PM me but it's still not sorted. They were asking questions about my account details (which they should know), then asked about details of my referrer (which they also should know from the referrer's link which I used. Every stage took some extra stage. It seems to me a tactic of stalling, or hoping their customer would give up and forget about it. I shall see, and report to Community.

You're right, not a good start of a new company.

Hello @Rosetta 

I can only but apologise if you found these steps frustriating however, we are required to complete security in order to access your account as per data protection guidelines.

As for requesting for the details of your referred purchaser, this is information that was requested by the Team after it was escalated.

The promotion is handled by our promotional partner so we are now waiting on them to get back to us on this.

@AdeleP  

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thank you, Adele, for the explanation.

Something seems to be moving towards resolving the issue, which is good to know.

Userlevel 1

After back and forth messages with Facebook team for 4 weeks I then get told

HI our Back Office Team, have confirmed that the accounts account where not linked and unfortunately you are both not eligible. - Jim

That's what I was contacting for!!!!

Has anyone had any joy in actually getting this sorted!!

Userlevel 1

Don't know yet! 

I also had many message exchanges, and am now told to wait till 1st June because the T&C do specify a requirement of "after two monthly payments have been received by iD Mobile". 

Actually my contract started in March, and iD Mobile have already received my first two (March and April) monthly payments.

I'm not going to argue with them. If they want the May payment as well. Fine, I'll wait.

Good luck!

I have just wasted 1.5 hours trying to resolve issue with refer-a-friend using the online chat and i am going crazy.  

I referred my mum who signed up via link, she joined id and received an email to click a link to submit account number for refer-a-friend

Clicking this link goes to the original refer a friend page where you enter email to start refer a friend process AND NOT a page to enter account number.  

Can someone please help 

My link is also not working please can you assist 

Userlevel 1

Hope some of you get somewhere, I just keep getting told I did something wrong, when I just received sn email ftom them with a wrong link!?!

Userlevel 1

That's really bad, Adele. Your screen shots all seem to be following the correct procedure. I've not got mine sorted yet.   

The refer a friend page or link isnt working for me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Barney Wrobel,

Welcome to the Community!

What seems to be the issue. Is the page not loading?

Just to confirm you are using this link: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/refer-a-friend

Kash

I keep getting this

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 9485041472425217222

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Barney Wrobel,

This is caused by cookies.

Try Incognito or private browsing window and this should work.

Sometimes signing out of Community before going onto the site will also work.

Mohammed

Hi, Where can I find the status of refer a friend? It’s been over 3 months now so should be being processed, Thanks

Why iD Mobile?