Solved

why am i being charged 30 pence a minute for phone calls

Userlevel 1

Everytime today that I've tried to make a phone call there is a message prior saying I will be charged 30 pence/min for it. I have unlimited calls and texts on my plan

icon

Best answer by Nikhil P 6 July 2022, 11:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 1

I have the same thing. I'm well within the limits of my unlimited calls plan (it refreshed on 05/07) and yet I've just tried to call my work landline number and got the message that I'll be charged 30p per minute if I stay on the line! Ridiculous!

Userlevel 1

Why am I being charged 30p per minute when I have unlimited mins

I am also receiving this same message when I try to make a call to both mobile and landlines 

Me too!

Mine seems to have resolved itself now 

Yep, me too, it's happening 90% of the time, can't even get hold of I'd mobile to sort it out 

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi All,

We’re currently experiencing a technical issue which is resulting in some customers incorrectly being advised that they will be charged 30p when calling standard UK numbers. 

Our technical team are currently looking in to this as a top priority and working hard to fix it. Please rest assured that your full service will be restored shortly.

We’ll have a post up shortly where you can track the status of the the issue. 

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Nikhil

Mines doing it now 

how can I stop this 

Everytime today that I've tried to make a phone call there is a message prior saying I will be charged 30 pence/min for it. I have unlimited calls and texts on my plan

Mine has just started doing this. I need to make phone calls and I can't.

Thursday 21st July 22 and my phone is now requesting a 30p charge to all calls and I’m on unlimited. Why is the no way of calling ID foe support and advice!! 

21/7/22: Same here. Thought it was a billing issue. Even people calling me are getting the message and they are on another network!! Please sort this ASAP!

Same here today 21/07/22 please hurry and sort it...need to make calls 😡

Mine seems to be fine now. Hopefully it won't be too long for anyone else.

Can we have a response from ID as I am still experiencing issues and cannot make calls. I am getting an error message when I click on a contact  that says “last line no longer available - do you want to call using your remaining line. 

I need this fixing ID please respond. 

Userlevel 1

When I had this problem it was apparently a technical fault and was solved within 24 hours. Can't say exactly how long it actually took to fix as I don't make many calls, and didn't make a call until 24hrs after I'd discovered the issue at the time 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@Dean Creswick and @Mike Williams solved this issue (i.e. warning of charges for a call, when on plan with unlimited call minutes) by simply turning their handsets OFF, then back ON again.

Why iD Mobile?