not receiving text messages

• 2 September 2020
  • 65 replies

Show first post

65 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @sajeesh,

I’m sorry to hear about this issue. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Hi

i have the same problem and I am not receiving any text messages and verification codes from company’s and banks.

tried to put SIM card in different phones as well

but I am getting normal text messages from friends and families

i have recently moved from O2 to ID mobile

can some one help please

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Megan.yeo,

Have you tried resetting your network settings?

I would also check to make sure that you have all the correct network settings.

Kash

Hi @Megan.yeo,

This sounds like the port is dragging it’s feet going through. How long ago did you submit your PAC code to us? What’s the make and model of the old handset sorry?

Cheers,

Will

I did it on the 9th got the confirmation that it successfully transferred over on the 10th.

The old phone is a Samsung galaxy A50

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Megan.yeo,

This sounds like the port is dragging it’s feet going through. How long ago did you submit your PAC code to us? What’s the make and model of the old handset sorry?

Cheers,

Will

I've got a Samsung and spoke to the vitual help and they was able to help me get texts from the bank but I'm still not receiving texts from friends unless they're with ID mobile.

This is a new sim and I moved my previous number over but I had my old sim in my old phone and was receiving the texts on that but not on my new phone? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @smokieUK,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Companies seem to be OK but other users messages don’t arrive.

I’ve left it turned off for 30 minutes and it’s not fixed it.

The number was ported on Tuesday.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @smokieUK,

Is it from other people you’re not receiving messages, or from companies?

How long ago did you port your number in with us? It may be worth powering down the handset for 10 minutes to reestablish a connection.

Will

Hi, I recently changed to ID from Vodafone with a Poco NFC and I am not receiving texts from other people. I got one from the NHS earlier though telling me a test was clear.

Please can you perform the little trick which fixes it

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Hwhite,

I am sorry to hear about this issue. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview.

Ryan

I’m having the same problem. I’ve just switched over from Vodafone and not reviving one time passcode text messages from banking, etc. I’ve have tried restarting my phone, taking sim out, turning I message off and on. Made sure in settings that my number is correct and nothing has worked! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Dezzick3,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

It’s just automated text messages from companies etc. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Dezzick3,

We’re sorry to hear about this. Is it happening with only code messages from companies or have you seen it affect messages from ordinary phone numbers too?

Ryan

Having the same issue with multiple, but not all, companies. Doesn’t seem to be any consistency. Please advise, I just joined ID yesterday and this has been incredibly frustrating!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Jays 

We will send you a Private Message to help with this. To view the message sent, simply click on your profile icon on the top right and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

I’m facing this issue too, iMessaging is not working on my phone. When I go to messaging and tap on my number, it won't let me check it. 

iMessage is activated for my iCloud ID (my email address) however it woundn’t work for my phone number. 

I've tried many troubleshooting methods including the ones on apple support website, I also contacted apple support and they advised I contact ID Mobile, ID Mobile’s customer service has proven useless so far. 

Strangely I am receiving texts from my contacts, or from other ID mobile numbers, but I can’t receive any SMS from companies like NHS, Microsoft for login verification 

Using iPhone 11 with up to date iOS on the date of this post. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @MarianB 

We will send you a Private Message now so we can assist with this. To view the message, simply click on your Profile on the top right and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Hi @MarianB 

We are sorry to hear this. Have you tried restarting your phone, taking the sim out, and put back in? Please can you also try the in a different phone and see if you are able to receive any texts?

-Mohsin

Tried everything, including other phone, and no difference. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @MarianB 

We are sorry to hear this. Have you tried restarting your phone, taking the sim out, and put back in? Please can you also try the in a different phone and see if you are able to receive any texts?

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

And now I have this issue, can’t receive any sms at all. This is annoying, especially when I can’t receive from paypal, ebay, even from work :angry:.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Alexander 987 

We will send you a Private Message so we can help with this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Yes one-time password. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Alexander 987 

Is it the One-time password messages that you are not receiving on your phone?

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?