• 2 September 2020
  • 65 replies

Show first post

65 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @kiraabrennan 

This issue should now be resolved. 

If you are still experiencing problems please let us know and we’ll send you a PM. 

Michelle

How do we let you know. You’re not contactable. Advance to 7.5.23 and I’m having the same problem.

Just start chatting online at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat (works via a popup window in your browser). 
The iD agents work until 8pm time on weekdays. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @BOSS91, if you’re using an iPhone, can you try this for me?

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Thank you,

Rory

Hello, 

Did you ever find an answer to this?

I just switched from EE and having the same issue 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Devadathan Balakrishnan,

Welcome to the Community!

if it’s an international number we would advise that you contact them to ensure that they are using the country code.

Kash

Hi @Kash 

Yes they are using 044 before the number and I used to get the notificattions until I used to new iPhone with the same sim from ID.

Thanks

Deva

Hi

i have the same problem and I am not receiving any text messages and verification codes from company’s and banks.

tried to put SIM card in different phones as well

but I am getting normal text messages from friends and families

i have recently moved from O2 to ID mobile

can some one help please

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Brian Tayler,

Can you clarify.

If I understand correctly, you upgraded phones and now services are not working?

You should still be using the same SIM card as we don’t send out SIM cards with upgrades to handsets.

Or did you upgrade to a SIM only and buy your phone phone?

Check if the new SIM you got is active as well as testing the old.

Mohammed

Hi, I recently changed to ID from Vodafone with a Poco NFC and I am not receiving texts from other people. I got one from the NHS earlier though telling me a test was clear.

Please can you perform the little trick which fixes it

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @NothappywithID 

We’ve seen your other post and responded there.

Tom

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @sajeesh,

I’m sorry to hear about this issue. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @smokieUK,

Is it from other people you’re not receiving messages, or from companies?

How long ago did you port your number in with us? It may be worth powering down the handset for 10 minutes to reestablish a connection.

Will

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Dezzick3,

Can you please provide us with further information about the issue that you are having?

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi I’m having the exact same issue after i switched from vodafone. I’m doing the live chat conversation but literally getting replies once every 24 hours if that. Please can someone let me know how to resolve this, it’s getting ridiculous now😫

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @MarianB 

We are sorry to hear this. Have you tried restarting your phone, taking the sim out, and put back in? Please can you also try the in a different phone and see if you are able to receive any texts?

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

I’m having the exact same issue as everyone above (and the countless others on other threads with similar topic titles), not being able to receive verification codes from all my phone apps. I switched from EE to iD on the 2nd August 2021. If the issue is that the “port is dragging”, as @Will notes, that’s a very long drag….

This seems to be a VERY widespread issue. I gather that staff are responding via private messages. Are folks getting this issue resolved or not? I had no luck talking to customer services via the Live Chat. I was told the Tech team would resolve it, but they are yet to do so and I’m simply told to wait another 48 hours whenever I raise the issue. 

This is causing all kinds of problems for myself and many other iD customers. Not being able to do basic stuff (like Online Banking etc) is a very serious inconvenience, to put it mildly. 

I sincerely hope that someone from iD gets back to me, with a solution of some kind, and very soon… I’m already looking around at other mobile network providers, thinking to switch again, thanks to this major inconvenience. 

Why iD Mobile?