Solved

Person who called or I'm calling can't hear me

• 15 October 2020
  • 38 replies

Show first post

38 replies

Hello 

I am also having the same problem, when I ring someone they can't hear me but I can hear them, after a few attempts then they can hear me.

It isn't one particular person that I call I happens to most people I ring and also of the ring me this also happens 

Thanks Paul I'll give it a whirl 👍

Userlevel 1

Sofia, no one seems to be answering this.

I've only had one reply asking me did it only happen with a specific caller. Must think I'm brainless. I have answered and said no, it happens to majority of my calls with many different callers regardless of who initiates the call, me or the other person. Even if the other party is on a land line!

I’m having the same problem at the moment

postcode hu5 4hf

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @gaultd,

Have you tried the SIM card in another handset?

Just thinking if the issue is everywhere, with all callers, it may well be a handset issue. Trying the SIM in another handset would allow us to know either way based on how it behaves.

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Brian crowther 

We can see that your local Mast has been affected from 9 AM today morning, this is due to be fixed by 3 PM today. If you are still having issues by then, please let us know.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @gaultd,

Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual. From what I can see, this should be rectified within 48 hours. if not, please do get back in touch and we’ll investigate further into what’s going on and when things will start looking up.

Will

Userlevel 1

Thank you Will for your response.

As you can see from this thread I first raised the issue 11 days ago and had been experiencing the problem for at least a week at that time. Let's call it two weeks although it's more.

First question is, have the engineers been working on the local masts for two weeks?

Second question is, how come it's taken 11 days to tell me this work could be the problem?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Oh that’s great to hear.

Thanks for letting us know @gaultd. Didn’t realize your post was from so long ago sorry!

Will

I have also tried 2 phones. I have does as welshpaul suggested,  I'll let you know how it gets on 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Have you a postcode we can run a check on for you @gaultd?

Also, have you tried the SIM card in another handset to see if the problem persists?

Will

Hi. I have started experiencing this issue in the last 2 weeks. On every call I make or when people call me they stop hearing me after a couple of minutes..I can still hear them. If they call straight back its fine again but it stops working after another minute or so. 

Also, if I call somewhere that's a call centre they can't hear me at all. Anywhere where there are multiple phonelines like my GP they can't hear me. 

I have checked my coverage and all OK and also did a phone update as suggested on Google but nothing has helped. 

Userlevel 1

My postcode is BT15 5HE.

I don't have another handset to try the SIM in.

It's worked in this phone for 3 years and the phone has not been dropped or damaged in any way

Why iD Mobile?