Solved

service does not allow access to this number

• 10 August 2020
  • 60 replies

Show first post

60 replies

Hi

I wish to add my voice to this thread 

I have been with ID for over 4 years and I am extremely disappointed at the moment with this current problem.

During Covid I am working from home and also need contact with my family which I am unable to do as when I make a phone call I get cut off with this message.

This needs resolving ASAP as it is causing distress to a lot of people and you are unable to tell us the issue or offer any support.

I had to join a thread as I cannot even contact you on the phone.

Can you please let me know what is going on with your network and when it will be resolved as I am losing all confidence with you as a network at the moment.

Userlevel 2

I spoke too soon. Got back into Southampton, made a call and in less than five minutes the dreaded message happened and cut the call. Thinking about it, this has only happened while on calls in the Southampton area, I wonder if the problem can be transmitter specific.

Userlevel 2

No issues at all this week for me and as a lorry driver I've been all over the place, Cornwall to Kent not one of those cut off's happened & I've been on really long calls too crossing entire counties. Really hope it doesn't start happening again though.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Dkh001,

I’ll drop you a Private Message now so we can log this for you.

Will

Can you please include me @Will  - see my post above

Me too

Userlevel 1

Hi @Buster2588,

Restarting your device also restarts operating system processes that may be causing this failure. It can also lead to the phone obtaining a fresh connection to the network again. 

Ryan

Hi Ryan 

This happens to me regularly too (as we have previously discussed) and I can categorically and emphatically assure you, that powering down makes not one jot of difference.

Lisa

I am also regularly turing off my phone and still getting this problem. Often I try to call the person back and get through only I don't feel confident it won't cut off again

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Perfect, cheers @Alant1948.

Will

Userlevel 1

@Will   Just replied to the PM

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Alant1948,

We’re working hard on a fix, but we’ll Private Message you now to grab some more details.

Will

Userlevel 2

This is interesting, earlier I found a thread on here from 7 months ago where people were complaining about the exact same message but in their case it was people ringing INTO an iD number (3 mobile also) that were hearing the 'no access' message. Now it's completely reversed and it's our OUTGOING calls getting it.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Dkh001,

Will

Can you please include me @Will  - see my post above

Userlevel 1

Both my wife & I have had this problem staring last Saturday (15 Aug 2020). We have been with ID for several years and while we both have iPhones they are different models. It has happened to me twice - cutting me off after I have been in conversation with somebody for several minutes.  Once was to a mobile & then today to a standard UK landline.

THIS PROBLEM NEEDS RESOLVING - & FAST!!

Same problem for me 3 times this morning.

2 x 0345 numbers

1 x 01 number

OnePlus 6

OxygenOS 10.3.5

Android 10

WiFi calling & VoLTE enabled (if relevant)

Userlevel 1

Same issue for me as well this morning. Two minutes into an important call, an automated voice comes on saying ‘You don not have access to this number’.

Number in question was a standard UK landline.

This appears like a network fault rather than a device fault as a range of different handsets seem to be having the same issue.

Please can it be looked into as a matter of urgency as I will have to think of leaving ID if this cannot be resolved?

Many thanks.

Will

i am also having this same problem, both with 0800 numbers and local numbers. Please add me to your list.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Dkh001,

Will

@Will please may you add me to the list of people suffering with this problem.

Userlevel 1

Same problem started on Thursday for me. Calls cut with that voice message while on calls to an EE mobile and also to a 3 mobile number. Could it be handset related? I'm using a Huawei P30 pro new edition.

Really need this fault fixing fast.

Hi Andy, I’m using an iPhone X and having same problem so not handset related. Thanks for ruling this out.

Userlevel 1

Hi I joined ID only 2 weeks ago and have been experiencing this same problem on an iPhone X. WiFi calls turned off and have tried the switch phone on and off. Happened on a call to a mobile numberafter 25 mins and to a 0800 number after 8 mins. Please advise? Thanks

Userlevel 2

Same problem started on Thursday for me. Calls cut with that voice message while on calls to an EE mobile and also to a 3 mobile number. Could it be handset related? I'm using a Huawei P30 pro new edition.

Really need this fault fixing fast.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks again for your feedback @Buster2588.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi @Buster2588, not all issues can be immediately fixed, and this appears to be one of them. We’re sorry you’re leaving us, but we will continue to work on a fix for those who aren’t.

Will

I hope none of them are holding their breath

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Buster2588, not all issues can be immediately fixed, and this appears to be one of them. We’re sorry you’re leaving us, but we will continue to work on a fix for those who aren’t.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi there @Buster2588 

We’ll send you a private message here now so that we can locate your account and find out more from our Tech Team about the number(s) in question that these call disruptions are happening with.

[edit]

I see we’ve already reached out today to help look into this further.  If you came in touch with us there with our follow up questions, we’ll look into this further on your iD Mobile account.

This has just happened again, half an hour in to an important phone call. ID are an absolute joke, you obviously don’t know how to fix this error

The SIM card I ordered from an alternative provider has arrived today. I’ll be switching over. I’d advise everybody else on this forum to do the same!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Buster2588 

We’ll send you a private message here now so that we can locate your account and find out more from our Tech Team about the number(s) in question that these call disruptions are happening with.

[edit]

I see we’ve already reached out today to help look into this further.  If you came in touch with us there with our follow up questions, we’ll look into this further on your iD Mobile account.

Userlevel 1

Hello @mandeepd, 0800 numbers are free to call so I don’t think this is linked to anything like international numbers etc.

Can you confirm what your levels of coverage are like at the time of the issue occurring? full bars/1 bar etc?

Hi @Buster2588,

Restarting your device also restarts operating system processes that may be causing this failure. It can also lead to the phone obtaining a fresh connection to the network again. 

Ryan

I’ve done this and the call has still been cut off!

Extremely embarrassing when you’re on a conference call for work!

If ID are unable to resolve this issue then why don’t they just state that rather than providing useless suggestions?

You have multiple customers with the same problem...well one less after today

We ask the questions for troubleshooting so we can get to the bottom of the issues.

How long are you on the call(s) for when they cut off?

I believe that there is a 1-2 (I can’t recall the exact) hour limit if I’m correct where the call will drop to prevent accidentally leaving your phone connected to the network.

Mohammed

I have just been cut off after 30 minutes. And now I can’t ring out.

This service is utterly ridiculous!

On a separate note, I have been on calls longer than 2 hours before, so how you can state that it’ll cut off is also not correct.

Further to this, if I chose to stay on for 3 hours I should not be cut off...how can you put a time limit on how long people can use their phone for? If it was 12 hours I could understand...but 1-2 hours seems ridiculously low, especially in times like this were people are relying on their phones to continue working!

Why iD Mobile?