service does not allow access to this number

• 10 August 2020
  • 60 replies

Show first post

60 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Marilu85,

Your issue may be something else as the issues above relate specifically to 0800 and service numbers.

Can you call UK mobile numbers? What happens when you try to call them?

Does your plan show remaining minutes?

@Vandpolo, are you currently in the UK or roaming?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi @Dkh001,

I’ll drop you a Private Message now so we can log this for you.

Will

Can you please include me @Will  - see my post above

Userlevel 1

Hi @Buster2588,

Restarting your device also restarts operating system processes that may be causing this failure. It can also lead to the phone obtaining a fresh connection to the network again. 

Ryan

Hi Ryan 

This happens to me regularly too (as we have previously discussed) and I can categorically and emphatically assure you, that powering down makes not one jot of difference.

Lisa

I am also regularly turing off my phone and still getting this problem. Often I try to call the person back and get through only I don't feel confident it won't cut off again

Userlevel 1

Hi @Dkh001,

I’ll drop you a Private Message now so we can log this for you.

Will

Can you please include me @Will  - see my post above

Me too

Userlevel 2

No issues at all this week for me and as a lorry driver I've been all over the place, Cornwall to Kent not one of those cut off's happened & I've been on really long calls too crossing entire counties. Really hope it doesn't start happening again though.

Userlevel 1

Hi there @Buster2588 

We’ll send you a private message here now so that we can locate your account and find out more from our Tech Team about the number(s) in question that these call disruptions are happening with.

[edit]

I see we’ve already reached out today to help look into this further.  If you came in touch with us there with our follow up questions, we’ll look into this further on your iD Mobile account.

This has just happened again, half an hour in to an important phone call. ID are an absolute joke, you obviously don’t know how to fix this error

The SIM card I ordered from an alternative provider has arrived today. I’ll be switching over. I’d advise everybody else on this forum to do the same!

Hi I am having the same issue over the last month with calls being cut off for no reason saying "your service does not allow access to this number".

Can you help?

Thanks in advance. 

Userlevel 2

This is interesting, earlier I found a thread on here from 7 months ago where people were complaining about the exact same message but in their case it was people ringing INTO an iD number (3 mobile also) that were hearing the 'no access' message. Now it's completely reversed and it's our OUTGOING calls getting it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Buster2588,

Sorry to hear that.

Have you just joined the network or have you been with us for some time and only recently faced this issue?

Please try fully powering down your handset and let us know if this makes a difference?

Mohammed

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Alant1948,

Are you getting the automated message, or are the calls just cutting off? Is there a particular duration the call gets to before this takes place?

Will

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Alant1948 that issue in particular has been resolved now.

If you’re experiencing something similar still, then this would potentially be something new and exclusive to yourself.

Is it just one particular number you’ve had this happen with, or have you had several calls drop in the past few days?

Have these been happening all over, or have you only noticed this at one particular postcode?  (Could we get that postcode too if possible?)

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kevin - I’ve not had a problem since my original post. So from my perspective you can close the case 👍

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Buster2588,

Restarting your device also restarts operating system processes that may be causing this failure. It can also lead to the phone obtaining a fresh connection to the network again. 

Ryan

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @steh575,

I understand that people like to speak to others in a certain way whilst using the internet, but please be aware that the tone of your last message won’t provide you with a quicker response, rather, it is likely to get you banned if you speak to us in that manner again.

This thread goes back a month, because it was regarding a very specific error that occurred a month ago. This error in particular had no affect on peoples WiFi or data. So I think suspecting it is a localised issue with your account, rather than it being something that affecting lots of people is a fair assessment. 

If you have noticed your WiFi dropping, and an increase in your data, I’d imagine the two are probably linked. If you have Social Media Apps running in the background for example, and your Wifi drops off, then your data would automatically pick up the slack of that.

When you’re away from home and not using your WiFi, how are your services in general? Do they work as expected?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi @Buster2588,

Ryan

I’ve done this and the call has still been cut off!

Extremely embarrassing when you’re on a conference call for work!

If ID are unable to resolve this issue then why don’t they just state that rather than providing useless suggestions?

You have multiple customers with the same problem...well one less after today

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Buster2588, not all issues can be immediately fixed, and this appears to be one of them. We’re sorry you’re leaving us, but we will continue to work on a fix for those who aren’t.

Will

Badge

A very long message has just deleted due to the poor way in which this app throws you back to the dashboard screen and I will attempt to redo. My language never mind my tone was out of order in my last message and was aimed at I.D the company not you or any other staff member personally and if anybody was offended it's a shame that I have been offended so much to go and offend others in turn. No doubt my point, which is right, has been overlooked by my poor choice of wording.

Thanks for explaining wifi and web data, I dont have social media apps draining my data and battery.

As explained when not connected to wifi I had no service at all, data or calls or texts, essentially the whole package my service plan is based upon that I have paid in full and on time as per agreement. Unfortunately, as detailed in the Consumer Rights Act 2015, I.D have failed to deliver their side of the agreement.

I did manage to get on the LIVECHAT and speak to someone helpful, they were so nice and helpful I actually gave the survey afterwards the high mark of 2 out of 5, they were on a 6 but I had to consider the reason I was in LIVECHAT to begin with.

To be offered £3.42 as a goodwill gesture or refund for loss of service is an outright insult when I have had similar problems each month for the last 3. To be informed there have been intermittent outages in the area at various times seems a bit convenient also.

Anyone would think I am trying to wriggle out of paying or something, what I am trying to do is get a decent and honest service for a decent and honest price, that I have continued to pay as per the terms of agreement.

It would appear the service has been working again properly for the last 2 days and I hope it remains as such, however, it seems like a long wait on the customer service number and I doubt I will receive another call from them as the one I did get, as promised, lasted just long enough for the smart capabilities to change from the number to 'I.D customer services' before it hung up. Approx. 3seconds?

The Chartered Trading Standards Institute, who logged my enquiry when I called to check I was not mistaken in my understanding of consumer rights, also gave me information on other things regarding complaints and the timescales permitted by law to rectify matters.

The Communications Ombudsman is something I have been advised about also, yet I am a very reasonable and upstanding person regardless of how many swear words I know and I do not think that this matter needs to be escalated so far as that.

I have made contact, my complaint has been logged, I have received a 3 second phonecall that was too quick to answer, and, as a result of that process be it common I.D practise or 'just a very busy day' I am now placed in limbo and responsibility passed back to myself to call a number that is not being answered when I try to call it.

This is where we are upto, i will accept a refund or reduced bill but £3.42 is not good enough and customer services have my number and ability to make a call with an acceptable amount of time in which to answer it yet it falls upon me to make contact again, which is poor to say the least.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Buster2588, not all issues can be immediately fixed, and this appears to be one of them. We’re sorry you’re leaving us, but we will continue to work on a fix for those who aren’t.

Will

I hope none of them are holding their breath

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks again for your feedback @Buster2588.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Will

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Alant1948  @jason1111 @ps2mint  @Bigcol 

Thanks for contacting us.

We’re still looking into the issue with Three UK and hope it is resolved soon.

Kind Regards,

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

No. I Can't call any uk number.

When I try to make a call it says: " Your service doesn't allow access to this number" ( This actually happens to any number mobile or 0141)

I got unlimited mins 

Yes I am in UK

Userlevel 2

Same problem started on Thursday for me. Calls cut with that voice message while on calls to an EE mobile and also to a 3 mobile number. Could it be handset related? I'm using a Huawei P30 pro new edition.

Really need this fault fixing fast.

Userlevel 1

Am having the same problem. Please investigate

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Marilu85,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to see why this is happening.

Will

Hi

I wish to add my voice to this thread 

I have been with ID for over 4 years and I am extremely disappointed at the moment with this current problem.

During Covid I am working from home and also need contact with my family which I am unable to do as when I make a phone call I get cut off with this message.

This needs resolving ASAP as it is causing distress to a lot of people and you are unable to tell us the issue or offer any support.

I had to join a thread as I cannot even contact you on the phone.

Can you please let me know what is going on with your network and when it will be resolved as I am losing all confidence with you as a network at the moment.

Why iD Mobile?