Solved

service does not allow access to this number

• 10 August 2020
  • 60 replies

Show first post

60 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I joined ID only 2 weeks ago and have been experiencing this same problem on an iPhone X. WiFi calls turned off and have tried the switch phone on and off. Happened on a call to a mobile numberafter 25 mins and to a 0800 number after 8 mins. Please advise? Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Alant1948,

We’re working hard on a fix, but we’ll Private Message you now to grab some more details.

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Gareth8 & @AndyLB,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having this issue too. We have another thread about this here and my colleague Kieran has mentioned:

Hi everyone,

We believe we’ve found the cause of the issue and now just need to provide a fix. For some reason, some calls at random times are failing over to our backup server even though our primary server is running normally. Having backups and fail overs is usually a good thing as it means our services continue to run even if there is a problem. However, in this instance, something’s not working correctly. This issue should only be affecting a very small minority of customers which makes it a little trickier to solve. I can understand it’s frustrating for you as customers and I can assure you we’re all working to get it fixed as quickly as possible!

I’ll provide a further update when it becomes available. Thanks for your patience!

Kieran

@Gareth8 we will have a member of our Support Team contact you via PM too to ensure this is logged on your account.

Kind regards,
Ryan

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Alant1948,

Are you getting cut off immediately, or is it saying “service does not allow access to this number” first?

Will

Userlevel 1

It was a few minutes intothe call - but according to the above comment I thought it had been resolved??

Badge

Almost 2 days ago I added to this thread.

No response.

Still without a service if I leave the house and dont have wifi.

What kind of monkey operation is this?

I cant get to a carphone warehouse and even if I could what would be the point?

I wont be making any more monthly payments if this phone is not working soon.

@Will please may you add me to the list of people suffering with this problem.

Userlevel 1

@Will   Just replied to the PM

I’m getting the message now when trying to call a 800 number (it cuts connection right away). Please help!

Userlevel 1

Has this been resolved yet? I’ve had no notification- though in fairness I’ve not had a problem since reporting above.

Why iD Mobile?