Question

Pixel 7 Pro upgrade - Phone trade in offer

• 25 October 2022
  • 65 replies

Userlevel 1

Good Evening,

Unfortunately this is another issue with the Trade-in promotion. I recently pre-ordered and upgraded to the Pixel 7 Pro. I then planned to trade in my existing phone a Samsung S20 5G. Other sites were offering around £200 for this, with ID Mobile/ Currys/ Carphone Warehouse Group only offering £160.

However as there was a special offer, when upgrading to the Pixel Pro 7, whereby if you trade in an exsisting phone you get an extra £150, I thought no brainer, I'll go with this trade in.

I sent my phone off in the provided packaging, however didn't receive any confirmation it had been received by Carphone Warehouse, luckily Royal Mail track and trace confirmed delivery. It states you should receive your money within 3-5 working days of reciept. It took me 7 days and that was with calling and trying to resolve the issue, as they hadn't confirmed reciept of my phone. I was passed from pillar to post and ended up being charged around £4 quid, in phone calls, on their helpline number for the privilege of trying to sort an issue of someone else's making.

At the time of writing this, I have still only received the £160, quoted for the trade in of my phone and not the extra money quoted in the trade in offer! I have sent emails regarding this to the trade in email address that is quoted, however I haven't had a reply, 36 hours later?

ID can you assist me with this painful process.

​​​

​​​​

65 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Paul McMahon 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there.

Thanks, Tom

Well, I thought I was the only one, this is despicable behaviour and obviously CW/Dixons expect the majority to just forget about it?  When I sent back my Samsung I received the £50 but not the additional £150 uplift and after nearly 2 months wait and having written to CW and had no reply thank you Iainmic.

If this is how you treat your customers I don’t rate your long term prospects, this is straightforward dishonesty and I am sure that Google would have something to say about it if they knew.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @CBill

Sorry to hear you haven’t received your additional £150.00 already.

Carphone Warehouse process these promotional payments separately to your original payment.

If this hasn’t been picked up since you escalated this, I can send you a PM here to look into this further.

Please let us know if you still need help.

Mohammed

Hello Mohammed, That would be helpful, there is no sign of the additional £150.00 and it has not been resolved yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @CBill 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mohammed  @Tom 

I'm still waiting for my additional £150 having received my initial trade-in amount on 02/11. Could you escalate please as you have done so for other.

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Matt6494,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Did anyone get this resolved I didn't get my funds either but it's that hard to get hold of anyone on the phone I gave up. 

Userlevel 1

@Cheryl3318 I got mine resolved via this forum.

If you @ any of the support people on here (Mohammed, Tom, Kash) they can help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Matt6494,

Thanks for reassuring others 🤗

@Cheryl3318,

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Just made an account purely to add to this thread. I haven’t received the trade-in amount nor the extra £150 despite doing everything that was required. I’ve called up CS plenty of times and keep constantly being told that it’s ‘being escalated’ but never hearing back, and emailed trade-in services several times without getting a reply. Not really sure where to go from here.

@Kash @Tom @Mohammed Would appreciate any insight/help :)

Hey, I'm in the same boat as others on here, could you please help @Kash @Tom @Mohammed ?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@TomAG,

Have you been in touch with the Trade-in Team?

How long has it been since you got your original trade-in funds?

Kash

@TomAG,

Have you been in touch with the Trade-in Team?

How long has it been since you got your original trade-in funds?

Kash

@Kash , thanks for your reply.

I've emailed a few times but never had a response.

I received the original amount on 11/11/22.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TomAG 

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?