Solved

Voicemail Number

Show first post

132 replies

Userlevel 2

Good point, though I set one up as part of setting up my voicemail, and I thought that was mandatory.  Doesn't ever ask for it when dialling from the phone in the UK, but when dialling the +447782333123 number on my spare phone it asks for my iD phone number followed by my PIN. I assume it would also do that on the main phone with the iD SIM if calling while roaming on a foreign mobile network.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I believe so @FredJB - perhaps risky using voicemail without a PIN, especially if known as a celebrity - potentially another phone hacking scandal. 

Userlevel 2

In many cases, it appears iD technical support is provided by raising a ticket with Three UK. There doesn’t seem to be an SLA in-place for these technical support issues/requests. 

Given the voicemail service is operated and managed by Three UK for iD Mobile, there might not be a realistic prospect of this issue being rectified.

The thing is that this does not seem to be an issue with the voicemail service as such, which works fine, or at least it does for me.

Rather it is incorrect data being programmed into the iD SIMs so the phone is not given the correct number for the voicemail service.  If that was corrected then there would not be a problem.  Of course doing that may still involve Three, though more likely it is sub-contracted out to a third party, but I would think there could be a better chance of getting that corrected.

Userlevel 2

I think it should be a simple fix also.  I'm assuming not every new joiner is having the issue so it must just be a faulty batch of SIM cards, so we just need issuing a new SIM.  One of the guys that commented earlier has a new SIM on the way so let's see how that works out.

I have exactly the same issue that you can't change the embedded number +447782333129 to +447782333123 clearly someone has made a mess sending sims out like this and is shocking it is not being look into by ID mobile. Where are the online staff suppose to be assisting. Clearly new customers joining recently have exactly this issue.

So we are supposed to just get a replacement sim sent or can't they just do a sim swap at a curry's store?

Userlevel 2

They aren't even recognising that there's an issue yet, or they aren't for me.  I am waiting for the complaints department to get in touch with me as customer services didn't even try to do anything when I said I don't accept their response saying it's my issue not there's.

I will need to sort EXACTLY the same problem so if any nonsense tell them to read this thread as clearly there is indeed a problem. All I'm thinking is quicker to pop to a Curry's store explain the problem and just get replacement sim. No way waiting for days in post and turn off my service. Someone somewhere has messed up as I have same number in my handset that you can't change. Someone from idmobile should be on this thread to sort out it's mess. Let me know how you get on?

Userlevel 2

Already told them twice to read this thread and then seem to ignore it, but they were happy to comment it when they thought the issue was with someone's handset.

Well been to curry's got a replacement sim activated it and your can guess the voicemail number on replacement sim is 

+447782333129 again. So they must be in process of changing it. So been an utter waste of time to get replacement sim as still problem exists. Only explanation I can think is +447782333129 is becoming the new number for voicemail but useless 3 and id not a clue. Would it explain to be similar to +447782333123 so that remains exclusive for 3. But is odd why they all have 

+447782333129 on them and you can't change.

Userlevel 2

Arfghhhhhh.  Nice try Anthony anyway .   I think someone has on this thread already but I will try my SIM in another phone to see if it changes to the 129 number (assuming it will) and try a Vodafone SIM Iin this  phone to see if it changes to the Vodafone number, and then back to this SIM to see if it goes back to 129.  Then I will go to Complaints with it all .  L

Userlevel 2

I think it should be a simple fix also.  I'm assuming not every new joiner is having the issue so it must just be a faulty batch of SIM cards, so we just need issuing a new SIM.  One of the guys that commented earlier has a new SIM on the way so let's see how that works out.

Yes, that was me, and I’m happy to report that the new SIM sent as a result of my helpdesk chat has arrived today and has fixed the problem, so the embedded voicemail number is now the correct one ending in 123 and works with a long press of the 1 key.

I guess the only remaining question is whether I was just lucky to get a replacement with the right number and there are still incorrect ones in the pipeline, or if they have recognised and corrected the problem for all new SIMs.

I would say it is worth asking for a replacement online just by saying that your current one is faulty.  I found it was only a minor inconvenience having to activate the new SIM online and then wait an hour for it to go live.

Yes, that was me, and I’m happy to report that the new SIM sent as a result of my helpdesk chat has arrived today and has fixed the problem, so the embedded voicemail number is now the correct one ending in 123 and works with a long press of the 1 key.

I guess the only remaining question is whether I was just lucky to get a replacement with the right number and there are still incorrect ones in the pipeline, or if they have recognised and corrected the problem for all new SIMs.

I would say it is worth asking for a replacement online just by saying that your current one is faulty.  I found it was only a minor inconvenience having to activate the new SIM online and then wait an hour for it to go live.

Nice one, Fred.  Glad that sorted it.  I might leave a few days until I request a new SIM, just in case they are still distributing the dodgy ones.  Wonder why this bit of data on the cards is not overwritable, that would be too easy I guess!

Userlevel 2

Hmmm why has my reply been marked as being under review by moderators?  Never happened before.

That's strange - this posted ok but when I mentioned Complaints team and Customer service in my original my post needs approving first.

Userlevel 2

Great news Fred.  I will get on to Customer Services tomorrow.

I agree it's only minor and annoying but it is shockingly poor that customer services nor the moderators have got on to this thread to at least report there is a problem. Both sims  I got had the wrong number for voicemail on them and you can't change. It's just a pain in the backside that you can't hold down the 1 key to get to your voicemail but need to dial the voicemail number direct. Then I'm wondering if it's account related as both sims  I got had this problem on it. Either way beyond trying to speak to them as it does seem tech and support are clueless.

Userlevel 2

New SIM card on its way.  Just told them I need a replacement SIM to fix an issue with the pre programmed voicemail number being incorrect and the agent said sure, it's on its way.

New SIM card on its way.  Just told them I need a replacement SIM to fix an issue with the pre programmed voicemail number being incorrect and the agent said sure, it's on its way.

Lets us know how you get on! The replacement one I got from Currys done nothing so if it works for you I will report the same issue with Customer Services as they must be doing something on there systems!

Userlevel 2

New SIM has the same 129 pre-programmed!

But it's definitely an issue with the SIM as the voicemail number was blank once I took the old SIM out and then when the new SIM registered on the network it got populated with 129 again.  Tempted to order another SIM and keep doing it until I get one with 123 programmed.

Userlevel 2

Been on the Customer Services and they told me I have already been told to dial voicemail manually 🙄

Told them I do not accept that as a fix.  They said they will escalate to tech support (again).  I told them to send me another replacement SIM card in the meantime.  I still haven't heard from the Complaints team so may give them a call as just found their number.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Been on the Customer Services and they told me I have already been told to dial voicemail manually 🙄

Told them I do not accept that as a fix.  They said they will escalate to tech support (again).  I told them to send me another replacement SIM card in the meantime.  I still haven't heard from the Complaints team so may give them a call as just found their number.

If this customer service was via the online Live Chat, I suspect you might’ve been chatting to people working in a South African call centre, who’ve been sub-contracted by iD Mobile.

You have to wonder if they really care whether or not a long-press on the “1” key works 🤔

Userlevel 2

If this customer service was via the online Live Chat, I suspect you might’ve been chatting to people working in a South African call centre, who’ve been sub-contracted by iD Mobile.

You have to wonder if they really care whether or not a long-press on the “1” key works 🤔

Yes I expect so.  Does anyone know if the 0800 Complaints number goes to a UK team?  If my next SIM is another bad one then I will try them.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes I expect so.  Does anyone know if the 0800 Complaints number goes to a UK team?  If my next SIM is another bad one then I will try them.

I think the complaints team are UK based, as is their social media team. 

It seems strange that iD Mobile appear to have so many SIM card issues - maybe a consequence of a no-frills approach.

Damn, Jon!

My replacement SIM has the same incorrect number as well.

Not good…

Userlevel 2

Damn, Jon!

My replacement SIM has the same incorrect number as well.

Not good…

Seems Fred must have got lucky with his replacement SIM then.  I wonder how many replacement SIMs I can go through before finding one that is correct 🤔

Userlevel 2

I think the complaints team are UK based, as is their social media team. 

It seems strange that iD Mobile appear to have so many SIM card issues - maybe a consequence of a no-frills approach.

No frills shouldn't mean someone doesn't know the difference between a 3 and 9 when programming SIMs though 😂

Why iD Mobile?