Solved

Voicemail Number

Userlevel 2

Hi, I have just purchased a Samsung S23 and am trying to change the voicemail Number from +447782333129 to +447782333123, however it gives the message 'Failed to read data - your voicemail number can't be changed'.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Thanks.

Alex.

icon

Best answer by Nikhil P 7 February 2024, 12:13

View original

132 replies

My 2 week old new contract/SIM has the same problem unable to change the voicemail number within my settings...oppo find x 5 pro

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Surfer1000,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried to dial 123 and see if that works for you?

If you still have issues please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 4

I don't know what's going on with IDM I had the same problem from joining IDM start of January 2024.

I had a miss call on Friday 2 February 2024 about 5pm. The caller left a voicemail but I did not access this until about 30 minutes later. This time round I did not dial voicemail by dialing 123 but without thinking used the voicemail speed dial keypad number 1. 

Shock horror when it actually worked for the first time, I then went to my voicemail setting to see if any thing had changed and it's still has the wrong voicemail number of +447782333129 and not +447782333123.

So my question what has changed has I have not been notified by IDMobile nor has there been an announcement that it has been fixed? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JoeKing,

Have you tried to access it that way since?

I can’t see nothing has changed but it is strange that it didn’t work before but works now.

Have you tried updating the voicemail number now.

Kash

Userlevel 4

Hi @JoeKing,

Have you tried to access it that way since?

I can’t see nothing has changed but it is strange that it didn’t work before but works now.

Have you tried updating the voicemail number now.

Kash

Has I just seen this reply I have just accessed my voicemail via the speed dial and it's working still. 

Yesterday I did try to edit the voicemail number but did not allow me to once again and have not since. 

Seen my voicemail is actually working as it should even with the incorrect voicemail number I'll live with that. 

Fair not any change with this service I shall be reporting back on thr forum. 

I was in a Curry's store earlier and I almost picked up a new sim card and thought I better of it.. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi All, 

The long awaited fix has now been implemented. You should now all be able to access your voicemail by pressing and holding ‘1’ on your keypad.

Sorry for the any inconvenience this issue has caused, and thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the update.  👍

Why iD Mobile?