F.A.Q.

How can I change my personal details?

• 12 August 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Here you can find out about changing the details on your account, such as your name, address and contact details, and what happens following significant life events. 
​​​​

Can I transfer my iD Mobile account to someone else?

No, we don’t currently offer a change of ownership process for customers. If you no longer wish to continue with iD Mobile, you can cancel your plan and close your account. 

Can I change my name on my iD Mobile account?

Yes, you can change your name on your iD Mobile account, but you can’t change it to that of a third party.  

To change your name, please contact us on Live Chat. The team is available to answer chats 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.  

Depending on the change required, we may need to see proof of your identity or of your name change.  

There’s an error in my name

If the correction is only minor, proof of ID is not necessary. Examples of minor changes include: 

• Your first name needs to be changed from Sue to Susan 

• The spelling needs to be amended from Micheal to Michael  

• We only have an initial and you give us your full name 

For major corrections, we may need to see proof of ID, such as your passport or driving licence. Examples of major changes include: 

• Your name has been significantly misspelt to the point where it is completely wrong 

• Your name has been recorded completely incorrectly 

• Your middle name has been recorded as your first name 

I’ve changed my name

If you’ve officially changed your name or your title, we’ll always ask for proof of the change, such as: 

• Marriage –  a copy of your marriage certificate 

• Divorce – a copy of your decree absolute 

• Deed poll – a copy of your deed poll certificate 

My date of birth is wrong, how can I change it?

To update your date of birth, please speak to one of our Live Chat agents who will be happy to assist you.  

You may be asked to provide a copy of your driving licence, passport or birth certificate as proof of identity. This will depend on how different your date of birth is to what we hold on our system. 

How do I change my contact details?

You can change your billing address and email address in the iD Mobile App or My Account online. However, when updating your email address, this is for correspondence only and not the one you need to log into the app. 

What happens if my life circumstances change?

If you, or an account holder that you’re acting on behalf of, experiences a significant life event, please contact us on Live Chat as soon as possible so we can help. The course of action will depend on the type of event. 

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?