Solved

SMTP server

• 26 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi

Does anyone know if ID mobile has an outgoing SMTP server and if so what it is please?

Thanks

Nic

icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 26 April 2020, 18:24

View original

6 replies

Badge +10

@Nicjj

ID mobile do not offer or support email or SMTP services.

What are you looking to achieve?

There are plenty of SMTP services available on the internet, such as google gmail and your own home internet provider can possibly help, be aware most will block the standard port 25, however you can try using ports 587 or 456 to get round the standard blocks.

Thanks. I want to be able to send email from my iPhone when not connected to my Karoo WiFi from my Karoo email account. It did work until I updated to the latest iOS.  Probably easier to use a different email account!

Badge +10

@Nicjj you can use ID Mobile data services to send and receive emails you just need the right settings for the provider at Karoo email account.

iOS probably change a setting or turned off the data services for email.

simple solution would be to remove the email account from your iphone and add it back, you will then see what the issue is right away. It usually turns out to be an updated setting by the email provider.

I take it Karoo doesn’t is IMAP settings so it will be an iOS update issue.

Hi @terrywebbs I have already tried deleting and  adding back the account, even spoken to Karoo tech support.  It is configured as they advise but when verifying the error message is that it can’t find the Smtp server.  They have suggested using a different mail account eg outlook but karoo use pop rather than IMAP and I can’t figure out how to add pop in outlook as it’s not listed as an option.  Thanks for your help.

Badge +10

@Nicjj ...if it errors trying to find the Karoo server, that’s one of three things

1.Settings are not correct!!!

2.Karoo services are down!

3.iphone data access is off for email - goto mobile data and check all sliders are green for apps you want to access the internet.

Setting a third party email on outlook:

Open Outlook and select File > Add Account.

On the next screen, enter your email address, select Advanced options, then check the box for Let me set up my account manually and select Connect.

Select your account type. Most of the time when you need to use this option, you'll select IMAP.

The Account settings screen should be pre-populated with most of the account settings you need. However, if you need to look up your settings, see the POP and IMAP account settings topic. Enter your incoming and outgoing server settings and then select Next.

Enter your password and then select Connect.

Hope some of that fixes your issues.

Badge +10

@Nicjj 

You might find this article setting up third party emails on outlook.com of use

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/add-an-email-account-using-advanced-setup-560a9065-3c3a-4ec5-a24f-cdb9a8d622a2

Good luck

Why iD Mobile?