Solved

New SIM didn't come with new number

• 14 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

i am asking this question as i am a id customer and my brother has just joined on a pay monthly sim only . his sim card arrived but does seems faulty or not activated , we have tried it in three different handsets . he cannot create an account without his id phone number but this was not included in the green welcome pack or any of the emails from id . he is tuck and paying for a contract that he cannot use , cannot create and account or even cancel as he cannot create an account , is it possible to get his sim activated or get the phone number from the numbers on the sim card , please help .

icon

Best answer by andewhite 14 July 2022, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not great @79mlong - new iD customers should get an already activated SIM card.

Since the SIM your brother received doesn’t work in 3 different phones, sounds like you’ll need to get a replacement SIM.

The quickest way to get a replacement is visit your nearest Currys or Carphone Warehouse, but it’ll cost £5.

Otherwise, read the “How do I get a replacement SIM card?” community FAQ article for what to do next.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

thanks for that , i did think that was the issue . its bad that you cant create an account without a phone number because in situations like this you cant even contact i.d . hopefully if he goes to carphone warehouse they will sort it . i think personally you should be able to create an account with the sim card number then issues like this would be easier . thanks again 👍

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It does seem odd @79mlong - when I joined iD Mobile, the green cardboard sleeve from iD arrived with the SIM card (for my iD pay monthly SIM only plan) along with an A5 paper invoice.

This purchase invoice had my iD mobile number and transaction number, which are required in order to register for an iD My Account online.

I guess whoever packed your brother’s SIM card, didn’t include the receipt.

FYI, the “Switching to iD?” community article says:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @79mlong 

Has your brother managed to get this sorted out? If not please have them contact us directly so we can grab that phone number!

Tom

Userlevel 1

yes hopefully all sorted , went to local carphone warehouse and they got the number from the sim , upon testing it was a faulty sim . as it was within 14 days they cancelled that contract and set him a new one up exactly the same plan as they said it would cause less confusion than trying to sort the original . thanks to you all for your help , big big thanks 👍👍👍

Why iD Mobile?