Sticky Tutorial

What to do if your new SIM isn’t working.

Show first post

449 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Cormac Ryan 

I’m sorry to hear this, are you still having issues with your new SIM card?

When was your number transferred over to it?

Have you tried resetting your network settings on the device while the iD Mobile SIM card is inside it?

Tom

Please help me.. i have been on chat million times and they not resolving issue. I bought new contract phone and transferred my old numer with pac. Sim card not in service. I can see on app thay number has been transferred. I tried everything switching airplane mode, phone on/off, different handsets, i got new sim card from currys and registered it- nothing works. I check handset with my wife id sim and it is working ok. Its just my sim card not in service at all. 

I also tried different locations, and nothing works. 

Please help it been over two weeks and im unable to use any service 

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Duncan Gill 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Hi, I’ve just put in my new sim from you as it looked like my old number had ported across. But when I put the sim card in my phone it asked for a ‘SIM network unlock PIN’- what is this please?!

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Shadermarine 

That isn’t true, if you’re within your cooling off period you’re well within your rights to return and cancel with us, getting in touch with us (or the vendor you’ve purchased via if not iD Mobile) is the best way to make a return.

I’m sorry you’ve had issues with your number transfer, however at least on the community you’ve only begun posting days ago, not months ago when you’ve said your issues began.

We’ve already sent you a private message to look into this.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi there,

I’ve just got a new sim from ID Mobile but when I put it in, it says No Sim. I’ve restarted my iPhone 13 several times as well as take out the SIM card several times. Any advice would be great. 
Thanks,

Jacob

Hey Jacob, 

You may need to get a replacement SIM and test this as the SIM may be faulty or the connection has failed.

Are you able to visit a Currys store to obtain one?

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Kash ,thanks for the reply. It's a new sim contract so I'm guessing it's faulty. How do I go about getting a new one? 

Hey Garpov, 

You can get a free replacement via Currys which is the quickest way or we can message you here and send a replacement SIM out to you.

Hi, I received a new Galaxy S22 from Mobiles.co.uk. I haven’t been given an ID Mobile number, nor is it printed anywhere on the sim card envelope. When inserted into the phone (or my old phone) the sim card shows as “Unknown”. If I try to make a call, a message pops up on the screen to say that the sim card isn’t registered. I can’t register with ID as I don’t know the phone number. 

I tried the ‘Live Chat’ but just ended up going around in circles with a bot. What can I try next?

For the record, I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips above to no avail. 

Thanks, 

Andy : )

Hey Andy, it may be worth speaking to Mobiles.co.uk as it sounds like your connection may not have processed.  Failing that, you should be able to get a replacement SIM sent out to you and we can activate it or you can pick one up via Currys.

Mohammed

I received my new device and SIM today and when I insert the SIM it's not registering and still saying insert sim. 

Help please 🥺

If you receive a new SIM card from us and it doesn’t seem to be working, we recommend you check a couple of important things first:

1. Check your coverage

Use our handy online coverage checker to find out the signal strength in your area. You can search by postcode - so you can check all the places you usually use your phone, like your home and work addresses. And you can view both 3G and 4G coverage.

Need more info on this? Read our ‘How to check coverage’ article.

2. Are you using a compatible handset?

If your handset isn’t approved/compatible with iD Mobile, your ability to use our services may be affected. Click here to view our list of approved and compatible handsets.

All the handsets we provide with an iD Mobile plan are compatible with our network, as you’d expect. So if you’ve got one of those you should be fine.

If you purchased a SIM only iD plan and are using an iD compatible handset you bought elsewhere with it, you should also be fine!

Tried the above and it’s still not working?

If you've tried the above and your SIM still doesn’t appear to be working, follow these troubleshooting steps.

• Put your phone into flight mode, leave it for 30 seconds, and then disable flight mode.
  • Check that the SIM card is inserted correctly.
  • Restart your device.
  • Turn off your device, remove your SIM, and clean it using a micro-fibre cloth. Then re-insert it and try again.
  • Try the SIM card in another 'iD compatible handset', and test the connection in a few locations to see if the SIM connects. If you don’t experience any issues with the other handset, your original phone may be at fault.

If none of the above works you can post a question below, and we'll help you out.

I have purchased a phone and started a new contract with ID mobile. With the new SIM in the new phone, I’m not getting any mobile signal (just 4 grey dots where the signal bars should be). I’ve followed all of the steps above and I know I should be getting signal as another ID sim (my husband’s) works in my new phone. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Jur 

A SIM unlock PIN is typically set by the user or by default “0000” or “1234”, please could you try these and let us know how you get on?

Tom

Hi, please help before I have to cancel this new contract.

New IDmobile SIM card delivered last week, filled in the PAC form, yesterday morning old sim cancelled but IDmobile not working.

Live chat (eventually) said wait till 6pm.  ID mobile still not working more than 24 hrs later.

My iPhone 12 is unlocked and working with other Sims.  The IDmobile Sim does not work in my wife’s phone either.

thanks

Andy

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Lucy Cook 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Hi. I’m having issues with the sim that's been delivered with my new phone. The phone arrived on Friday and I’ve given it a couple of days assuming that there might just be a delay in activation however that would appear not to be the case.

I’m using an iPhone 15 pro and it is saying ‘No SIM’. I’ve taken the sim out a couple of times. I’ve also tried the sim in my old phone (Samsung S9+) and that also says no sim. I’ve tried my old EE sim in the iPhone and that works just fine. Thus, it looks like the new sim is the issue rather than the phone. I’ve also tried the flight mode thing mentioned in the post above.

My number is due to be ported over tomorrow (i.e. Wednesday) (at least that what I requested at checkout on mobiles.co.uk but I haven’t had any confirmation of such from iD). I’m concerned my number is going to be ported to the dud sim and I’ll be left without a working phone.

Please can you advise? If this cannot be resolved before tomorrow then can the number port be cancelled until a new sim is delivered? I really can’t afford to be left without a working phone due to work.

Userlevel 1

I have inserted my SIM with the device turned off.  Turned it back on and all I get is the screen attached suggesting the SIM is not working properly 

[REMOVED SCREENSHOT]

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi. I’m having issues with the sim that's been delivered with my new phone. The phone arrived on Friday and I’ve given it a couple of days assuming that there might just be a delay in activation however that would appear not to be the case.

I’m using an iPhone 15 pro and it is saying ‘No SIM’. I’ve taken the sim out a couple of times. I’ve also tried the sim in my old phone (Samsung S9+) and that also says no sim. I’ve tried my old EE sim in the iPhone and that works just fine. Thus, it looks like the new sim is the issue rather than the phone. I’ve also tried the flight mode thing mentioned in the post above.

My number is due to be ported over tomorrow (i.e. Wednesday) (at least that what I requested at checkout on mobiles.co.uk but I haven’t had any confirmation of such from iD). I’m concerned my number is going to be ported to the dud sim and I’ll be left without a working phone.

Please can you advise? If this cannot be resolved before tomorrow then can the number port be cancelled until a new sim is delivered? I really can’t afford to be left without a working phone due to work.

Sounds like a dud SIM card @tomsdalton

The “How do I get a replacement SIM card?“ forum article might help in this situation. 

Userlevel 1

If you receive a new SIM card from us and it doesn’t seem to be working, we recommend you check a couple of important things first:

1. Check your coverage

Use our handy online coverage checker to find out the signal strength in your area. You can search by postcode - so you can check all the places you usually use your phone, like your home and work addresses. And you can view both 3G and 4G coverage.

If your handset isn’t approved/compatible with iD Mobile, your ability to use our services may be affected. Click here to view our list of approved and compatible handsets.

All the handsets we provide with an iD Mobile plan are compatible with our network, as you’d expect. So if you’ve got one of those you should be fine.

If you purchased a SIM only iD plan and are using an iD compatible handset you bought elsewhere with it, you should also be fine!

If you've tried the above and your SIM still doesn’t appear to be working, follow these troubleshooting steps.

• Put your phone into flight mode, leave it for 30 seconds, and then disable flight mode.
  • Restart your device.
  • Turn off your device, remove your SIM, and clean it using a micro-fibre cloth. Then re-insert it and try again.
  • Try the SIM card in another 'iD compatible handset', and test the connection in a few locations to see if the SIM connects. If you don’t experience any issues with the other handset, your original phone may be at fault.

If none of the above works you can post a question below, and we'll help you out.

I have done all the above and my phone is stilling saying emmergency calls o ly, help

Userlevel 1

1. Check your coverage

• Restart your device.

I have done all the above and my phone is stilling saying emmergency calls o ly, help

As ive said done all these

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @KotekMamrotek 

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Thanks @Mohammed can I get a replacement sim sent out please?

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Lizzie123 

Does the SIM still work in your old device?

What new phone are you trying the iD Mobile SIM card in?

Tom

I just collected a replacement SIM from curry’s and it also isn’t working. Instead of it saying “NO SIM” it now says “No Service” on my phone. However I have tried turning flight mode on and off, turning the phone off and tried it in different locations (even different towns) still nothing. The live chat doesn’t put me through to anyone as they are constantly busy so might just cancel my new contract.

Did you get it working in the end?

I am in exactly the same situation and live chat suggest my device is faulty!!  It works with 2 other SIM so no

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @tomsdalton 

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

1. Check your coverage

• Restart your device.

Have tried all above

Done it all

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Jhulett 

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

1. Check your coverage

• Restart your device.

Have tried all above

Done it all

Want to know if my account is activated

Why iD Mobile?