🚨 RESOLVED: Call issues affecting some customers.

• 16 January 2024
  • 76 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

We’re aware that some customers are experiencing issues making calls, or are being disconnected in the middle of a call. When this happens, the call fails and the message “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number” is heard.

We’re working with our network partner to identify and resolve the issue as a top priority. We’ll post further updates on this thread as they become available.

We apologise for any inconvenience these issues may have caused.

**Updates**

16/01/2024

4.30 PM: Our network partners have identified what is causing the issue, and working on resolving it. 

9.00 PM: The team are still working on resolving the issue. Also, due to a high number of customers attempting the access the iD Mobile app and My Account online, some customers may experience issues being able to log in. If you do have any issues logging in, please try again after a couple of hours. 

10:40 PM: The network issue has now been resolved. The team will continue to monitor the network throughout the night. My Account online and the iD Mobile app as also back up and running.

17/01/2024

9.30 AM: We’re aware that some customers are still experiencing the call issue. We’ve raised this to our network partner and they’re investigating. For the time being, if possible, you can use apps such as WhatsApp to make calls. 

If you are still experiencing issues with making calls or getting cut-off mid-call, please contact our Live Chat 

76 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi is this to do with the message "Sorry your service does not allow access to this number" I am getting each time I try to make a call? Thanks 

Userlevel 1

I had this as well today. In the middle of a conversation then cuts out with a service issue. 

Userlevel 1

I had this as well today. In the middle of a conversation then cuts out with a service issue. 

Yes same happening to me, but still  ongoing unfortunately.  Very annoying! 

Userlevel 1

Me too! I use my phone for business so highly frustraing

Yep I’m getting it too. Trying to speak to my bank fraud team, GP and dentist. In all cases can get through OK and in the automated queue, as soon as I get to the front (I guess) and someone actually answers, I get cut off with the “I’m sorry your service does not allow access to this number”.

Very annoying and very inconvenient as all three are fairly urgent calls.

Me too, during a business call. Embarrassing!

Customer was patient, but it happened 3 times. Then she kindly called me from her phone and we were able to complete the conversation.  

Userlevel 1

Not a good day for this to happen, some very important phone calls were cut off. Extremely frustrating is it sorted now?

How long is this going to be a problem as I am in need of my phone and I can’t make calls 

Userlevel 1

This is not what I signed up for ID Mobile. I have been cut off in the middle of a conversation to book a ferry to France and then again while speaking to my local hospital regarding an appointment. This is not good enough especially as you are supposed to be a WHICH recommended provider!

Other customers will be delighted to know that ID has most likely billed the calls you’ve been trying to make as international calls. I’m currently trying to get the additional charges removed.

Userlevel 1

I'm having serious issues being cut off on really important calls IV lost 2 jobs as I was cut off giving a quote I'll be seeking compensation if this is not sorted today 😞

Userlevel 1

We’re aware that some customers are experiencing issues making calls, or are being disconnected in the middle of a call. When this happens, the call fails and the message “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number” is heard.

We’re working with our network partner to identify and resolve the issue as a top priority. We’ll post further updates on this thread as they become available.

I'll be seeking some sort of compensation as you've really lost me work and I can't get thru to hospital about my daughter appointment totally unacceptable sort this today or I'm going to make a claim 🛄

Keeps happening to me aswell 4 different calls kept getting cut off mid conversation.  Had to ring someone back 6 times not acceptable 

Happening to me, been on a business call to France & keep getting cut off, not very professional

@iD Mobile is there any update on this issue?

Been happening to me while trying to call ID mobiles customer complaints department after they emailed me as they can’t be bothered to call me.

4 phone calls, 45 minutes on hold in total and Im yet to speak to anyone. 

Can I make a complaint about the complaints department?  

Happening to me too, very poor but at least I know it’s not just me!

Same issue please fix soon as I can't talk to anyone including my gp 

Me too....please contact us all directly when the issue is resolved.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess it’s grey area, but current terms & conditions state: 

Happening to me as well. Calls can’t last longer than a few minutes.

Same issue here! When will it be resolved @iD Mobile ??

Same problem with me, all day, calls cutting out inside a few minutes, with that silly error message. All are personal calls to standard UK mobile numbers

Userlevel 1

I am also experiencing this issue - South East England every call after 1 minute of call time then disconnected with the service message 

Userlevel 1

Affected me trying to report an RTC on an emergency 999 call this morning. And several times while trying to make calls relating to my job. Absolute disgrace.

Is this a three issue or an iD issue? What are iD going to do about it today, for the customers who have been affected? 

Why iD Mobile?