🚨 RESOLVED: Call issues affecting some customers.

• 16 January 2024
  • 76 replies

Show first post

76 replies

Same here getting cut off even now, please resolve. Thank you 

Userlevel 1

We’re aware that some customers are experiencing issues making calls, or are being disconnected in the middle of a call. When this happens, the call fails and the message “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number” is heard.

We’re working with our network partner to identify and resolve the issue as a top priority. We’ll post further updates on this thread as they become available.

We apologise for any inconvenience these issues may have caused.

**Updates**

4.30 PM: Our network partners have identified what is causing the issue, and working on resolving it. 

9.00 PM: The team are still working on resolving the issue. 

That’s five hours. How serious is it?

Userlevel 1

We’re aware that some customers are experiencing issues making calls, or are being disconnected in the middle of a call. When this happens, the call fails and the message “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number” is heard.

We’re working with our network partner to identify and resolve the issue as a top priority. We’ll post further updates on this thread as they become available.

**Updates**

4.30 PM: Our network partners have identified what is causing the issue, and working on resolving it. 

9.00 PM: The team are still working on resolving the issue. Also, due to a high number of customers attempting the access the iD Mobile app and My Account online, some customers may experience issues being able to log in. If you do have any issues logging in, please try again after a couple of hours. 

HOURS…….. WTF are you doing?

When are you going to provide useful updates to your customer community on what the resolution times look like? Appreciate this is an ongoing issue but people's primary contacts being out of service for long periods is simply not good enough and service is not as accepted within the contracts we took out with you. What are you going to do to inform customers and manage their expectations? A wall of silence or non informative updates is not good enough.

Userlevel 1

Dear ID Mobile,

I was one of many users impacted by this service failure today - 16/01/24, when trying to make calls, the problem started for me at 09:00 and continued throughout the day.

Your updates note that you’d identified the fault by 16:30 and resolved it by 22:40, however you don’t confirm what the problem was, and searching the community, it seems the same problem occurred three years ago?

Surely, best practice dictates that historic problems and associated resolutions are documented for prompt resolution in later occurrences, which makes it surprising that it took over 12 hours to resolve this time?

I’m sure you realise that there are a lot of frustrated users on this thread and there are probably many more that don’t have access to the community but who may have been stopped seeking help by the loss of the ID Mobile App, however, by not being transparent about what the problem was, and by not resolving it in a timely manner suggests that ID Mobile does not value its customer base, which I’m sure is not the case.

Can you therefore advise about what the problem was today, why it happened again after it’s occurrence three years ago, and why it took so long to resolve this time, as answers may help ID Mobile customers to understand the issues that impacted them today?

Very many thanks.

So it's the day after this issue started and I am still receiving the error message "sorry your service does not allow access to this number" on all of my outgoing calls. I'm 20 days into my contract with you and your online help basically told me it is what it is.. 2 days unable to make outgoing calls to anybody. Paying for a service im not receiving. You say the issue is sorted and it's clearly not.  Awful service. 

Userlevel 1

I am still having issues it’s not been resolved. I have very important phone calls today. Can you please help ID 

Userlevel 1

Still not able to make calls. My mobile is literally my business. What is going on?!?

Also having issues can’t ring out or receive incoming calls 

Just been disconnect mid call again - whatever fix was put in place hasn't worked

if possible, you can use apps such as WhatsApp to make calls. 

So does that mean we can something like shirt buttons to pay our bills?

Userlevel 1

@iD Mobile no update from 9pm lastnight? Seriously? 

Userlevel 1

Adding my name to this list of shameful customer service. I’ve only had my sim less than a week!

What do you think, @iD Mobile? Should I have stayed with Vodafone? Sure looks like it!

**Updates**

16/01/2024

9.00 PM: The team are still working on resolving the issue. Also, due to a high number of customers attempting the access the iD Mobile app and My Account online, some customers may experience issues being able to log in. If you do have any issues logging in, please try again after a couple of hours. 

10:40 PM: The network issue has now been resolved. The team will continue to monitor the network throughout the night. My Account online and the iD Mobile app as also back up and running.

17/01/2024

9.30 AM: We’re aware that some customers are still experiencing the call issue. We’ve raised this to our network partner and they’re investigating. For the time being, if possible, you can use apps such as WhatsApp to make calls. 

As this is the 2nd time this has affected my service I would like to know what is causing it? I have a complaint from the last time which your complaints team simply avoided the central issue. What is the cause please and what are you doing to stop it from happening again?

Userlevel 1

Adding my name to this list of shameful customer service. I’ve only had my sim less than a week!

What do you think, @iD Mobile? Should I have stayed with Vodafone? Sure looks like it!

Vodafone had issues last week: https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2024/01/vodafone-uk-suffering-mobile-network-service-disruption.html

Userlevel 4

Well I for one am still experiencing this problem 17th January 2024 6.53pm.

And I left EE and ported my number just Monday to ID Mobile.. So shocking of ID Mobile. 

Userlevel 1

Disgusting service also getting same problem and use whatsapp it would help if my data worked no 5g 4g bearly usable

Still got the problem - this is now day 3 without a service! What dreadful performance from IDMOBILE, and no communication about when this will be fixed! All I can think is that they’re deliberately trying to drive customers away!!

Userlevel 4

One would of thought a historical problem like this some 4 year's ago the problem would of been solved by now in 2024?  

And remakes like tell customers to use WhatsApp that in itself is an insult, not everyone uses WhatsApp nor does everyone have broadband or access to Wi-Fi myself including.

As for the live chat what a joke that is most of the time it does not understand your messages. 

Any how what is the update on this problem and is it effection the whole UK?  I'm in London

So the compensation?!

Userlevel 4

So the compensation?!

Compensation don't make me laugh, compensation would be justified but I can't see any time soon or even ID Mobile pay out. If they did it be a long drawn out battle with their BS Live Chat procedure. IDM can't even broadcast event's that are or had a impact on the network services to their customers. Funny they can  contact saying you own money or cut you off their network when they want to. 

Userlevel 1

This issue is NOT resolved. I was cut off after about 5 minutes with no warning at 8.10 this evening - Sunday 21 January 2024. The phone just went dead.

Userlevel 1

**Updates**

16/01/2024

10:40 PM: The network issue has now been resolved. The team will continue to monitor the network throughout the night. My Account online and the iD Mobile app as also back up and running.

17/01/2024

9.30 AM: We’re aware that some customers are still experiencing the call issue. We’ve raised this to our network partner and they’re investigating. For the time being, if possible, you can use apps such as WhatsApp to make calls. 

If you are still experiencing issues with making calls or getting cut-off mid-call, please contact our Live Chat 

How can I contact live chat about this when you are closed. The same fault just reoccurred about 1/2 an hour ago

This same issue is happening again. It’s been cutting off my calls. Not impressed 

Ckearly not resolved!! 3 times in 5 minutes this morning 30/01/24

Why iD Mobile?