🚨 RESOLVED: Call issues affecting some customers.

• 16 January 2024
  • 76 replies

Show first post

76 replies

Same here. I have been getting cut off all day including while trying to do telephone interviews. Not acceptable. ID mobile offer zero customer support. Will be changing network provider once back up and running.

Userlevel 1

We’re aware that some customers are experiencing issues making calls, or are being disconnected in the middle of a call. When this happens, the call fails and the message “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number” is heard.

We’re working with our network partner to identify and resolve the issue as a top priority. We’ll post further updates on this thread as they become available.

We apologise for any inconvenience these issues may have caused.

**Updates**

4.30 PM: The team have identified what is causing the issue, and working on resolving it. 

If you've identified the cause I could you share what it is?

Userlevel 1

We had an issue a few weeks ago where there was no service at all for a day or two and now this issue. This is by far the worst mobile company I've been with. I drop nearly every call I ever make its totally unacceptable and I want to cancel my contract and go elsewhere if possible.  Do id mobile look at these comments? I've recently lost both my parents and have numerous calls to make as you can imagine. Speaking to government offices etc is bad enough at best of times but when you're holding for 40 min and then the phone cuts off for no reason even while at home with WiFi calling its just not good enough. 

Userlevel 1

Any update as to when this is going to be fixed ???

Userlevel 1

6pm, still doing this, hope it gets resolved soon, its an embarrassment.

Only joined ID Mobile today and had two important phone calls disconnected. Had to phone client back three times and gave up in the end.

Terrible first impression, hope it gets sorted as soon as possible!?

Userlevel 1

I was trying to contact the GP for 1 ½ hours this morning getting cut off 4 times when I did manage to get in the queue. Now going to have to try again tomorrow whilst at work and if this issue isn’t fixed I guess my daughter won’t get seen AGAIN. Not at all impressed with the lack of access to help either.

Userlevel 1

It’s happening to me aswell we should get some sort of compensation for the inconvenience it’s a joke 

We’re aware that some customers are experiencing issues making calls, or are being disconnected in the middle of a call. When this happens, the call fails and the message “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number” is heard.

We’re working with our network partner to identify and resolve the issue as a top priority. We’ll post further updates on this thread as they become available.

**Updates**

4.30 PM: Our network partners have identified what is causing the issue, and working on resolving it. 

This is appalling. I have dropped out of calls to the doctor, person calls and business calls. This is just not acceptable. And downright dangerous as my daughter is on the same network and uses her phone to ensure safety on dark walks home.  Really furious at this situation.  

Only joined ID Mobile today and had two important phone calls disconnected. Had to phone client back three times and gave up in the end.

Like you, I’m new to iD Mobile as of today and I’ve had 4 out of 4 calls disconnected after a few minutes. I’m not happy at all and as you say, awful first impression for a new customer.

I hope this is not typical - does anyone know? Is it time to cancel my contract with iD already?!

:(

**Updates**

4.30 PM: Our network partners have identified what is causing the issue, and working on resolving it. 

Its been happening to me for a number of weeks. I ring my elderly mum on my lunch break at work to check she is OK,  and it keeps cutting off, and giving some stupid message saying I'm not authorised to ring her number ?!?!? This is a safeguarding matter to me,   to be able to speak to my mum. My data doesn't work either, so I can't get hold of her (or anyone else) via the Internet. I spend half my time in St5, and the other time in BH25, and it doesn't work in either location. Sort it out or I'm  cancelling my contract. 

Will we be recieving compensation for this? I have spent all afternoon trying to make phonecalls and being cut off in the middle of conversations. 

Any update on fix, it happened to me several times today 

Absolute joke!!!! Wish I had never swapped over! Getting cut off 4 times in 30 mins is absolutely unbelievable,  I am disabled and need a reliable network. I will be cancelling my contract with you and you will not be charging or chasing me for any monies!!!! We are all paying for a service which you aren't providing, not good enough 

This is dreadful! 

**Updates**

This is still happening to me, so when is it being sorted? GROSS INCONVENIENCE, there better  be compensation for this especially  as this has been going on the whole day, cutting my calls at crucial moments and others during health related circumstances ,Not good at all.

Like you, I’m new to iD Mobile as of today and I’ve had 4 out of 4 calls disconnected after a few minutes. I’m not happy at all and as you say, awful first impression for a new customer.

I hope this is not typical - does anyone know? Is it time to cancel my contract with iD already?!

:(

Thankfully we both have a 14 day cooling off period so will be cancelling my contract if it continues over the next week.

Userlevel 1

I’ve had calls dropping all day with no apparent cause,

it’s only been since early evening that the corresponding voice message

your service dose not allow access to this number“ has accompanied the disconnect,

that in turn lead me to this forum post, 1st issue of any sort with ID over the 14 months I’ve been with them, so definitely not the norm.

Issues arise & faults occur from time to time, let’s hope it’s a quick fix.

Tho ID not having the capability / incentive to push out network status messages dose show cause for concern.

Tom…

I’ve had calls dropping all day with no apparent cause,

it’s only been since early evening that the corresponding voice message

your service dose not allow access to this number“ has accompanied the disconnect,

that in turn lead me to this forum post, 1st issue of any sort with ID over the 14 months I’ve been with them, so definitely not the norm.

Issues arise & faults occur from time to time, let’s hope it’s a quick fix.

Tho ID not having the capability / incentive to push out network status messages dose show cause for concern.

Tom…

Hi Tom

That is reassuring to hear, let's hope they remedy the matter as soon as possible.

Thanks

Userlevel 1

What kind of compensation do you all want? The few pennies you paid for the day?

I don’t usually side with companies in situations like these, but you can’t go with a cheap virtual network and expect uptimes and compensations that only business plans that cost 4 or 5 times more on the main networks can offer you.

You know that you went with a cheap option, which works well 99% of the time. You also know that you need to pay more for the level of service you expect. If you can’t wait for this to be fixed, then maybe you should have a backup because clearly you can’t rely on only one provider.

Go through and make a formal complaint I did and within a minute they offered me £20 compensation.

I’ve seen many logs of this issue of Calls dropping and “your service does not allow access to this number”; this has been a mini nightmare today! Please hurry and fix it, important calls lost very inconvenient and worrying too. 

Userlevel 1

Same thing with me. It's still happening now. Random message and cut off, or just cut off with no warning. 

What is the timescale to resolve this?

It’s still going on.  I ring through what’s app. 

Userlevel 1

I can’t even log on to their website now because of too much other traffic on it.

Not good.

Why iD Mobile?