Boost Your Mood This Blue Monday

Boost Your Mood This Blue Monday

Show first post

1011 replies

Userlevel 1

Singing makes me happy - weather in the car with the radio on or in a big concert hall with the choir I have joined.

Spending time with my boyfriend :)

Userlevel 1

In the winter I love a cheeky wee visit to the ski slopes, in summer a cheeky visit to the tidal pools for a swim in the North Sea

Spending time with my family makes me happy! 

Being able to wake up every morning to see and hear my children laughing, smiling and hear them say I love you. We are all on this earth to make memories and being able and well to make these memories makes me and my family very happy. 

Walking the dog 

Userlevel 1

Driving my convertible with the roof down on a clear crisp winrter day

Userlevel 1

A holiday in February for my husband to chill out from work, retiring in May & excited about a family cruise for lots of special occasions as birthdays within the year. Also spending more time with my grandchildren, especially the 2 yr old. 😍

Userlevel 1

Not dealing with the Vodafone mobile website

Sitting in my garden with friends on a sunny afternoon, plenty of beer in the fridge

Fun days out with my partner & kids!

Spending quality time with my husband and/ or either of my two teenagers, e.g. talking, playing games….

what makes me happy are those days i can move oh what ablessing u know what they say health is wealth plus to see my mom🥹 i havnt seen her in so long

Being out in the countryside with both of my dogs

January often marks a time of new beginnings and goal-setting for the year ahead. However, it can also bring a sense of melancholy for many. The festive cheer and close family gatherings of the holiday season give way to a quieter, more reflective period. 

Despite this, there are several ways to infuse your days with positivity. We have some great tips to help brighten your mood.

What is Blue Monday?

'Blue Monday' started in 2005 as part of an ad by a travel company. They said they figured out the saddest day of the year using things like weather, how long until the next holiday, and how long since people have been paid. But the expert who helped come up with this idea later said we should think about happy things instead, especially when making new goals.

Now, people use Blue Monday as a reminder to take care of themselves. Here are some fun things to try:

Get moving.

Exercise is a great way to feel good. It doesn't have to be boring; you can ride a bike in the park, go for a run, or play a game like football with friends. This can make you feel better, get you outside, and let you hang out with others.

Watch a Happy Movie or TV Show

Happy movies or TV shows can lift your spirits. Watching a movie with a good ending or a funny TV show, even if you've seen it before, can make you feel better. Try watching something like “The Pursuit of Happyness”, “The Sound of Music”, "Forrest Gump," or a movie with Adam Sandler. Watch with family or friends for more fun.

Go shopping for yourself

January is a good time to buy something special for yourself, especially with the sales. Maybe you've been wanting a new laptop, a trip, or cool shoes. Go ahead and treat yourself!

Read a Good Book

Reading can take your mind off things, which is good for you. Whether you like stories or books that help you learn, there's a book for everyone. Find a quiet place, turn off your phone, and start reading.

Talk to family and friends

We’re talking about the people that are always rooting for you, no matter what you do or where you are, in your mind and in reality. These are the people that make you feel better just for having chatted. They may be there for Christmas and other festive moments, but they’re also there when you’re feeling blue. Pick up the phone and call them, text them or set some time for a video call. 

Ask for Help if You Need It

Sometimes, feeling sad in January is more serious. It's important to look after your mental health just like your physical health. Talking to friends and family is good, but sometimes you need extra help.

Groups like CALM and the Samaritans are there to talk to you. Asking for help is the first step to feeling better. Remember, you're not alone.

Blue Monday Giveaway

To help boost your mood this Blue Monday, we’re doing an exciting giveaway! This is where the Community comes together and in doing so, the reward just gets better! 

To enter simply tell us below what makes you happy in life. It could be anything, from family and friends to trips away at the weekend. Once you’ve entered your response, click send! And you’ll be entered into the draw. 

You have until 23:59 (GMT) 1st February to enter at which point we will tally up all the unique entries to work out which prize you could be winning. So if you want a chance to win a Samsung 4K TV let's get over 800 entries! T&C’s apply.

The lucky winner (and the final prize!) will be announced on the Community shortly after entries are closed, so make sure you come back to check if it's you!

Here’s what you could win: 

Winning something, but seriously, staying in with my wood burner on full heat while it is snowing outside.

watching a new reacher episode while on my exercise bike

It's all about family time. Spending a weekend afternoon and evening together playing games, watching a movie, homemade pizzas and popcorn. 

Changing the screensaver on my phone and feeling like I have a brand new phone - it's the little things 😁

Pie.

Wrapping up and getting outside in the Countryside for a long walk

Userlevel 1

Filling up the bird feeders and watching the amazing variety of birds coming for their meal!

The answer to your question on what makes me happy?

Honestly few things, but I feel that's why it gives these moments more value to me. 

I suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder, it's a very scary and painful disorder so alot of the time we are faced with detrimental and intense emotions that may or may not be true... 

My animals are the reason I'm happy. I left home at 17 with my dog and decided to get a job and a flat, since then I have rescued my cat, a gecko (I already had two that I brought as a child), fish, another dog and a hedgehog and I shall carry on. Not to mention I ride horses (couldn't afford my own)

At 24 I don't have a real family but I do have my animal pack. This is how I made my chosen family. Myself and my babies live in our flat with smiles on our faces as it's the simple joys of everyone having full bellies and cuddling up on the couch with the cat and the dogs <3 

Just hope one day I'll find a good job and maybe able to afford a bigger flat for them all! (That or marry rich) 🤔😂

Many thanks 😊 

Playing tennis in the park on a sunny morning with my lovely friends! Lots of banter, lots of cracking shots, quite a few hole in racket moments, and the endorphins… simply the best start to the day! And well worth getting up early for or taking a long lunch for! 😁

January often marks a time of new beginnings and goal-setting for the year ahead. However, it can also bring a sense of melancholy for many. The festive cheer and close family gatherings of the holiday season give way to a quieter, more reflective period. 

Despite this, there are several ways to infuse your days with positivity. We have some great tips to help brighten your mood.

What is Blue Monday?

'Blue Monday' started in 2005 as part of an ad by a travel company. They said they figured out the saddest day of the year using things like weather, how long until the next holiday, and how long since people have been paid. But the expert who helped come up with this idea later said we should think about happy things instead, especially when making new goals.

Now, people use Blue Monday as a reminder to take care of themselves. Here are some fun things to try:

Get moving.

Exercise is a great way to feel good. It doesn't have to be boring; you can ride a bike in the park, go for a run, or play a game like football with friends. This can make you feel better, get you outside, and let you hang out with others.

Watch a Happy Movie or TV Show

Happy movies or TV shows can lift your spirits. Watching a movie with a good ending or a funny TV show, even if you've seen it before, can make you feel better. Try watching something like “The Pursuit of Happyness”, “The Sound of Music”, "Forrest Gump," or a movie with Adam Sandler. Watch with family or friends for more fun.

Go shopping for yourself

January is a good time to buy something special for yourself, especially with the sales. Maybe you've been wanting a new laptop, a trip, or cool shoes. Go ahead and treat yourself!

Read a Good Book

Reading can take your mind off things, which is good for you. Whether you like stories or books that help you learn, there's a book for everyone. Find a quiet place, turn off your phone, and start reading.

Talk to family and friends

We’re talking about the people that are always rooting for you, no matter what you do or where you are, in your mind and in reality. These are the people that make you feel better just for having chatted. They may be there for Christmas and other festive moments, but they’re also there when you’re feeling blue. Pick up the phone and call them, text them or set some time for a video call. 

Ask for Help if You Need It

Sometimes, feeling sad in January is more serious. It's important to look after your mental health just like your physical health. Talking to friends and family is good, but sometimes you need extra help.

Groups like CALM and the Samaritans are there to talk to you. Asking for help is the first step to feeling better. Remember, you're not alone.

Blue Monday Giveaway

To help boost your mood this Blue Monday, we’re doing an exciting giveaway! This is where the Community comes together and in doing so, the reward just gets better! 

To enter simply tell us below what makes you happy in life. It could be anything, from family and friends to trips away at the weekend. Once you’ve entered your response, click send! And you’ll be entered into the draw. 

You have until 23:59 (GMT) 1st February to enter at which point we will tally up all the unique entries to work out which prize you could be winning. So if you want a chance to win a Samsung 4K TV let's get over 800 entries! T&C’s apply.

The lucky winner (and the final prize!) will be announced on the Community shortly after entries are closed, so make sure you come back to check if it's you!

Here’s what you could win: 

A warm sunny day at the beach with my wife and kids

We have a regular feel-good film, food and friends night. Good food, good company and something we haven’t seen recommended by one of us. 

Why iD Mobile?