World Laughter Day 2024

World Laughter Day 2024
Userlevel 8
Badge +3

World Laughter Day is an annual event celebrated on the first Sunday of May. The day is dedicated to promoting laughter as a universal language of peace and understanding. Laughter has been scientifically proven to have numerous health benefits, both physically and mentally. It reduces stress, boosts the immune system, and improves mood. In addition, laughter is a great tool for bringing people together and breaking down barriers between different cultures and societies.

What is World Laughter Day? 

The idea of World Laughter Day was first proposed by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the Laughter Yoga movement. Laughter Yoga is a unique concept that combines yoga breathing techniques with intentional laughter to create a joyful and uplifting experience. The first World Laughter Day was celebrated in 1998 in Mumbai, India, and since then, it has become a global phenomenon.

On World Laughter Day, people come together in public spaces to laugh, play games, and have fun. The day is celebrated in over 100 countries around the world, with events ranging from small gatherings to large-scale festivals. The goal is to spread the message of laughter and its positive impact on society.

Apps that’ll make you laugh and promote mindfulness

There are also many apps that promote laughter and positivity. Here are two apps that you can use to celebrate World Laughter Day and promote a healthy mind:

Laugh My App Off (LMAO) 

Laugh My App off (LMAO) is the new way of getting your “HAHA’s and LOL’s” on the go! It’s been scientifically proven that laughter is the best medicine and with Laugh My App Off, it is guaranteed to give you the best quips and jests all day long.

iOS Android

Smiling Mind

This app is a mindfulness and meditation app that is designed to help you reduce stress and improve your mental wellbeing. It offers a range of guided meditations, mindfulness exercises, and relaxation techniques. The app also includes a laughter exercise that you can use to boost your mood and promote positivity. Smiling Mind is available for free on both Android and iOS.

iOS - Android

Giveaway Time!

We’re giving one lucky winner the chance to win a £100 Currys gift voucher.

This month we want our Community members to come together and make each other laugh! So, we’re asking you to post your favorite Joke below, and we’ll randomly select a winner.

When posting your joke, please be mindful of other members. Any jokes deemed to be offensive will be removed and members may be banned from using the Community in the future. 

Entries close at 23:59 on 19th May 2024. Winners are chosen at random, and we'll announce the lucky iD community member shortly after.

We’ll notify the winner by direct message here on the Community, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

Good luck!

230 replies

What's a frogs favourite flower? 

A Crocus! 🤣🐸🌸

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Answer: To go to the other side!

I was arguing with a guy in the pub last night who reckoned he was a big pop star in the 80's.

I didn't believe him but...…

.....he was adamant!

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman go into a pub and order a pint of beer each.

When the three beers arrive there's a fly in each of them.

The Englishman returns his beer to the bartender saying he won't drink it as there is a fly in it.

The Irishman flicks the fly out of his beer with his finger and proceeds to drink the beer.

The Scotsman picks up the fly by his wings, holds him over the beer and says "Spit it oot".

Why did ID mobile go to the gym?

Because it wanted to stay mobile!

What's long, thin, red in parts and stuffed in tarts?

Rhubarb! 🤣😂

Three men find a magical slide that grants you a wish to land at the bottom in a pool of your favourite drink. The first man goes down the slide and shouts "beer" and sure enough lands in a pool of beer, the second man heads down the slide and shouts "whisky" and splash, lands in a pool of whisky. The third man goes down the slide really fast and excitedly shouts "weeeee"!!!!!

Q: Indians are brilliant when playing cricket, hockey or badminton so why are they no good at soccer?

A: Because every time the referee awards them a corner, they stop to open a shop on it.

What is Brown and Sticky? A Stick. 
(Best joke I ever heard)

Userlevel 1

A penguin takes his car to the mechanic.  The mechanic tells him it'll take about an hour to fix. The penguin heads over to the cafe across the street to kill some time and have an ice cream. But because he has clumsy little flippers he gets the ice cream all over his beak. When he returns to the mechanic, the mechanic tells him, "it looks like you blew a seal." The penguin says, "no, that's just a bit of ice cream."

Q: Why did the chicken stop half way across the road?

A: Because it was a Rhode Island.

What do you call a well-balanced horse? Stable😂

Why did the mobile phone go to school?

Because it wanted to be smart!

A police officer asked me what I was doing between 6 and 7. I told him I was in primary school!!

What’s yoda short for?

he’s got little legs

what did the cheese say to itself in the mirror?

hello me 😂😂😂😂

(halloumi) 🧀

What did the shark say when he ate the Clown fish?

That tasted funny 🤣🤣😂

Userlevel 1

Why don't smartphones ever get lost?

Because they're always on ID Mobile—a network so reliable, even GPS can't lose its way!

Did you hear about the laughing motorbike?

it was a Yamaha ha ha ha ha !!!

Velcro?

What a rip off. 

Userlevel 1

What do you call a blonde who’s dyed her hair brunette?
Artificial intelligence.

What do you call a guy with no shin? 

Tony

Userlevel 1

What’s the difference between an elephant and a post box?

I don’t know!

Well, I’m not going to send you to post a letter!  

World Laughter Day is an annual event celebrated on the first Sunday of May. The day is dedicated to promoting laughter as a universal language of peace and understanding. Laughter has been scientifically proven to have numerous health benefits, both physically and mentally. It reduces stress, boosts the immune system, and improves mood. In addition, laughter is a great tool for bringing people together and breaking down barriers between different cultures and societies.

What is World Laughter Day? 

The idea of World Laughter Day was first proposed by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the Laughter Yoga movement. Laughter Yoga is a unique concept that combines yoga breathing techniques with intentional laughter to create a joyful and uplifting experience. The first World Laughter Day was celebrated in 1998 in Mumbai, India, and since then, it has become a global phenomenon.

On World Laughter Day, people come together in public spaces to laugh, play games, and have fun. The day is celebrated in over 100 countries around the world, with events ranging from small gatherings to large-scale festivals. The goal is to spread the message of laughter and its positive impact on society.

Apps that’ll make you laugh and promote mindfulness

There are also many apps that promote laughter and positivity. Here are two apps that you can use to celebrate World Laughter Day and promote a healthy mind:

Laugh My App Off (LMAO) 

Laugh My App off (LMAO) is the new way of getting your “HAHA’s and LOL’s” on the go! It’s been scientifically proven that laughter is the best medicine and with Laugh My App Off, it is guaranteed to give you the best quips and jests all day long.

iOS Android

Smiling Mind

This app is a mindfulness and meditation app that is designed to help you reduce stress and improve your mental wellbeing. It offers a range of guided meditations, mindfulness exercises, and relaxation techniques. The app also includes a laughter exercise that you can use to boost your mood and promote positivity. Smiling Mind is available for free on both Android and iOS.

iOS - Android

Giveaway Time!

We’re giving one lucky winner the chance to win a £100 Currys gift voucher.

This month we want our Community members to come together and make each other laugh! So, we’re asking you to post your favorite Joke below, and we’ll randomly select a winner.

When posting your joke, please be mindful of other members. Any jokes deemed to be offensive will be removed and members may be banned from using the Community in the future. 

Entries close at 23:59 on 19th May 2024. Winners are chosen at random, and we'll announce the lucky iD community member shortly after.

We’ll notify the winner by direct message here on the Community, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

Good luck!

What’s green and slimy and swings in trees…

Gorilla snot 

What’s green and slimy and swings in trees…

Gorilla snot

Why iD Mobile?