Question

data roaming not working in US

• 21 January 2024
  • 33 replies

Landed yesterday and I am unable to use mobile data.

Please help

it seems a number of Idmobile customers have this issue

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mdavies62,

If you are still having issues whilst abroad we can send you a PM.

We can investigate the issue with the Technical Team to see if they can assist further.

Kash

Yes, please PM me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mdavies62,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

@Philc797 just checking have you tried changing your APN settings and connect to T-Mobile or AT&T?

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Kash, in an earlier post, in this topic, by @Philc797 they said they were using their iPhone 14 in the USA. 

Surely iD Mobile must be aware the configuration profile they provide for iPhone devices - on the iD mobile network - DOES NOT allow user access to the APN settings?

I have had text message to say it is fixed but I can’t confirm because I am back in the UK.

What I can tell you is that the APN profile is still “ID”.

note the uppercase.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have had text message to say it is fixed but I can’t confirm because I am back in the UK.

What I can tell you is that the APN profile is still “ID”.

note the uppercase.

Not sure the “ID” (uppercase) you mention is the value in APN settings on your iPhone, @Philc797

Unfortunately, the configuration profile iD Mobile provide for iPhone devices DOES NOT allow users to access the APN settings. 

FYI, my iPhone runs iOS 17.3 and unlike iD Mobile, with my SMARTY Mobile SIM card, my Settings > Mobile Service option displays Mobile Data Network, which provides access to the APN settings (i.e. Settings > Mobile Service > Mobile Data Network): 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey @Kash, in an earlier post, in this topic, by @Philc797 they said they were using their iPhone 14 in the USA. 

Surely iD Mobile must be aware the configuration profile they provide for iPhone devices - on the iD mobile network - DOES NOT allow user access to the APN settings?

Hi @andewhite,

We would need to escalate any roaming issues to see what the Technical Team advises.

As @Philc797 can’t access the APN settings and everything else seems correct we would need to pass it over.

Further to this it also allows us to check what is going on with the APN settings issue and collate the information to see what can be done to provide a permanent fix.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @andewhite,

We would need to escalate any roaming issues to see what the Technical Team advises.

As @Philc797 can’t access the APN settings and everything else seems correct we would need to pass it over.

Further to this it also allows us to check what is going on with the APN settings issue and collate the information to see what can be done to provide a permanent fix.

Kash

Thank you @Kash

Surely, iD Mobile can confirm or deny whether an iPhone device can access APN settings? 
This is not just a roaming issue, it also happens in the UK.

The evidence appears to indicate iD Mobile DO NOT allow access to the APN settings on iPhone devices, which is something controlled by the service provider as suggested by Apple support:

Why iD Mobile?