• 16 January 2021
  • 46 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

46 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@AJSmith,

We are following you so you should be able to Private Message us now.

Can you give it a go and let us know how you get on?

Kash

I two am not able to receive OTP messages (this time from HMRC) and need some guidance on how to fix this. These are not premium rate messages even though the carrier being used by HMRC has a premium type number. Need advice on how to allow these messages to come through.

Also having this exact same Issue having moves over from vodafone. No OTP messages coming through from banking apps, WhatsApp etc. This is really important to run my business. Please could someone assist

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Ianproc,

It’s always best to double check that the Bank have the correct number.

Were you able to receive these before? Have you recently ported in?

Kash

I have recently switched over to ID mobile and am not receiving OTP messages from some banks and cards. I have trawled threads for a fix.

I have turned off my phone for more than 10 mins 

I have checked apn settings 

I have tried it in another phone 

I have check message settings 

I used to work for carphone warehouse and it's not the phone or the banks or card providers. 

Please provide the fix and please just write that people need to contact you to fix it OR say you can't fix it straight up and we can go to a network that better suits us.

Awaiting your message to say a pm on my community account to discuss further.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Brian M,

We are sorry to hear that. We will send you a private message now in case you have not already spoken to us via Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Hi, I’m also not receiving OTP messages from my bank.  The number they hold is correct and all other messages work fine, could the TechTeam please private message me to help fix it - Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @david70,

Are you having any issues with any other OTP’s?

It may be worth double checking that Santander have the correct number.

Kash

Hi @Kash ,

As I mentioned in my post, Santander have sent many OTP codes previously and I haven’t changed number. In fact, the OTP codes I said I was having problems with a week ago all came through after a couple of days.

I have previously also had problems with PayPal and HMRC OTP codes, either taking hours or days to appear, or not appearing at all. Since they expire after 10 minutes, this causes problems.

It could be a general slowness to receive text messages, as I received a text message on Sunday to say that I had received a voicemail the previous Friday. So perhaps it’s a text message problem, not just an OTP problem.

I usually use WiFi calling due to no phone signal at home, in case that has anything to do with it. But I do receive calls and texts via Wifi calling, it’s just the delay / non delivery of OTP or maybe all text messages that causes problems.

David

Hi I am also having a problem with getting OTP codes from my bank - this is just for personal items I would like to purchase - but simply not arriving.

This is only happening since I transferred to ID - I get other text messages, but no messages from Tesco nor Paypal…

Please help

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Also having this exact same Issue having moves over from vodafone. No OTP messages coming through from banking apps, WhatsApp etc. This is really important to run my business. Please could someone assist

When did you switch to iD?

FYI, iD Mobile’s term & conditions exclude business use, which might limit the level of support you get from iD.

See paragraph 5.9 in section “5. Your responsibilities”, of the current terms & conditions online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Does this work,

Glad to hear that it’s sorted.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @david70,

I think the issue here is with WiFi Calling and a possible delay. I did have a customer once who was having issues with receiving OTPs over WiFi but other services worked fine.

Try turning off WiFi when you’re in a different area that has coverage and request an OTP to see if that works.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@AJSmith,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @SRM1,

I’m really sorry to hear you’re having issues with not receiving OTP texts from your Bank.

We’ve sent you a PM so we can investigate this further with our TechTeam.

Mohammed

I have the same issue. Transferred from Vodaphone and unable to set up any of my online banking or credit cards as the OTP or passcodes required to be sent by text message are not getting through.

I seem to be receiving messages from friends but nothing from several banks I have tried. Looking at the thread this is happening to lots of people so please advise the fix.

Thanks

Above says I have a reply but I am unable to read it? How do I read?

Not a good start to life with ID Mobile!

I have the same issue. Transferred from Vodaphone and unable to set up any of my online banking or credit cards as the OTP or passcodes required to be sent by text message are not getting through.

I seem to be receiving messages from friends but nothing from several banks I have tried. Looking at the thread this is happening to lots of people so please advise the fix.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Fmac 

sorry to hear you’re having issues with not receiving OTP texts from your Bank.

We’ve sent you a PM so we can investigate this further with our TechTeam.

-Mohsin

I am not receiving OTP messages from my bank, this in only since I changed to ID MOBILE, I have verified with my bank that they are being sent, this is a network issue, your company has blocked PUSH MESSAGING.

Can you advise your course of action please, if you cannot resolve this issue I’ll be forced to cancel my contract as it’s not fit for purpose.

Regards

Steve

I am having the same issue with Whatsapp verification 

i have followed all of you’re previous advice posts regarding not recieved OTP messages. All my normal texts and calls work fine, I just can’t recieve OTP.

i have logged in and out of I message, face time etc. i turned my phone off for 10 hours, nothing works.

it has to be a technical issue that needs sorting on you’re end

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Alasdair Fraser,

Is it only Whatsapp you are having issues with?

I would advise to check the number along with the country code and try again.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?