F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Show first post

237 replies

Hello, 

Could you please help me with my situation?

ID Mobile have put on my records that I have defaulted on an account, to the value of £16 which comes from a £ 4 pm sim card.

This default is preventing me from getting any credit, and most importantly a mortgage on my family home.

It makes no sense at all that I would default on a £4 pm payment.  I have another ID Mobile account that is fully paid and several years old, paid by direct debit and never missed a payment.  Nor have I ever missed a payment on any other credit.

I have :

1.            Never received a notice of any sort telling me I was missing payments

2.            Always paid for the other sim card, which I still use to this date

3.            Never received any notification that I’m risking a defaulted account

4.            Checked in with ID mobile (via chat as this was the only method of contact) to see if they could identify any accounts, I have outstanding that need to be paid, they said all my accounts were fully paid and up to date.

5.            Finally with the help of Experian managed to find the account in question and pay the outstanding balance immediately.

Please help

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No I still need help. Apparently the phone was returned to the depot then sent out again today but the DPD driver didn’t deliver again. I stayed in all day.   The whole saga is awful 

Hey @Quelli Coles,

Sorry to hear that, I’ll send you a PM here to look into this further.

@Steve1983,

That’s very odd indeed.

I will also send you a PM so we can look into how this has happened and what can be done to help resolve if any errors made.

Mohammed

I'm buying new id mobile phone and contract as a Christmas gift for someone. When they first use it in about 4 weeks time, will it be straightforward for them to transfer the number they already have with an 02 phone to the new id mobile phone?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I'm buying new id mobile phone and contract as a Christmas gift for someone. When they first use it in about 4 weeks time, will it be straightforward for them to transfer the number they already have with an 02 phone to the new id mobile phone?

They’ll need to get a PAC from O2, and then give their O2 PAC to iD Mobile.

It’s explained in more detail at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/switching-to-idmobile.

Userlevel 1

I have had two Live Chat conversations about this issue and neither have worked. I joined ID on 12th Nov and ported my number from on EE on 16th. Phone calls and WhatsApp are working fine but my Text Messages from my phone get received from the replaced ID phone number and Text Messages sent to my number are going to my old decomissioned phone. I have a Google Pixel 7 phone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have had two Live Chat conversations about this issue and neither have worked. I joined ID on 12th Nov and ported my number from on EE on 16th. Phone calls and WhatsApp are working fine but my Text Messages from my phone get received from the replaced ID phone number and Text Messages sent to my number are going to my old decomissioned phone. I have a Google Pixel 7 phone.

Okay @Jomo, just TURN OFF the “Chat features” option in the Messages app on your Pixel 7.

If you leave the “Chat features” option disabled (off), your texts will come from your old EE number, which you switched over to iD on 16th.

Userlevel 1

Thanks andewhite but that didn't work either, however I did notice that the chat features were set to go with the original ID phone number issued with the sim

Userlevel 1

OK so I went into Chat Features from the phone settings rather than the message settings, whilst the chat features were turned off and this time it has allowed me to enter my old EE number for verification, 3 mins later, it worked, so thanks andewhite, you kind of got me there👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Jomo,

Glad to hear that @andewhite’s suggestion solved this!

Mohammed

i have just made a order on a phone device but i havent recieved any confirmation email or anything literally no email nothing!

so can i knkw the status of my order i got order number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @bonus122,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you definitely enter the correct email address?

It may be worth checking your junk emails etc as it can show there.

On some occasions it can take a few hours before you receive the confirmation to confirm that the order has gone through.

Kash

My contract has expired and I want to turn to SIM only. My son is using the phone in the USA so I was hoping that it wouldn’t actually involve a new SIM altogether. Can you confirm whether I will definitely need a new SIM or whether it is possible to switch the current SIM to SIM only mode?

Thanks very much

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Trojanstokesy 

I’d recommend checking your upgrade deals as you may be able to switch the plan to a SIM only plan, an upgrade would retain the same number and same SIM card.

You’ll be able to check your upgrade in the iD Mobile app or logging in on the website.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/upgrades

Tom

I’ve purchased a pay monthly sim for a sim router. I’ve received an email with account number and new phone number. I’m trying to register my account. It’s asking me to input my eight digit security code to register but I haven’t received an eight digit code?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Terry Riley 

You’ll receive the 8 digit code via SMS text to the SIM card, have you tried putting it in a supported device to receive the text?

Tom

I received a new sim card from ID Mobile last year and i’ve noticed its using the Virgin Mobile network (which is very bad in my area). Has anyone else experienced this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I received a new sim card from ID Mobile last year and i’ve noticed its using the Virgin Mobile network (which is very bad in my area). Has anyone else experienced this?

Hello @Jesh,

That doesn’t sound right.

iD Mobile uses Three UK’s network for coverage so wouldn’t connect to Virgin Media’s network.

Mohammed

Hello @Jesh,

That doesn’t sound right.

iD Mobile uses Three UK’s network for coverage so wouldn’t connect to Virgin Media’s network.

Mohammed

i am not sure why this is happening , when i manually try to switch to an ID network it just goes back to the Virgin network. Do you think it is a faulty sim?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Where did you get the handset that you’re using with your iD SIM card? 

If it was not supplied by iD Mobile, your handset might be locked to another network @Jesh

If it was not supplied by iD Mobile, your handset might be locked to another network @Jesh

the phone is unlocked to all networks and i used to be connected to ID Network with my old sim.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If it was not supplied by iD Mobile, your handset might be locked to another network @Jesh

the phone is unlocked to all networks and i used to be connected to ID Network with my old sim.

The only way your handset could be using the Virgin Media network, would be if the SIM you’re using is configured for Virgin Media as the preferred network. 

It doesn’t seem likely an iD Mobile SIM would be configured this way, but who can be certain.
Does this SIM behave in the same way in a different handset @Jesh?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jesh,

Please let us know what happens when you try the SIM in a different handset.

If you still have issues, please let us know.

Kash

service does not allow access to this number

Trying to call Virgin media 0345 number but call is disallowed. Please advise

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Are you able to visit your local Currys store so they can check the handset, SIM and settings to make sure this is configured correctly?

The iD SIM shouldn’t be connecting to Virgin Media as we use Three UK’s network for coverage but the connection should show as iD.

Mohammed

Are you able to visit your local Currys store so they can check the handset, SIM and settings to make sure this is configured correctly?

The iD SIM shouldn’t be connecting to Virgin Media as we use Three UK’s network for coverage but the connection should show as iD.

Mohammed

Please read my post again. I’m trying to call a 0345 number, which happends to be VM - why can I not from this provider?

Why iD Mobile?