Sticky F.A.Q.

Wi-Fi Calling & 4G Calling

Show first post

109 replies

Userlevel 2

No i didnt come from CPW - it was a tesco’s refurb from ebay… it could have had some history i guess but its an immaculate refurb and works perfectly other than wifi calling… wifi calling appears to be a bit bleading edge hit and miss at the moment

As previously mentioned by others, if it was on another network (despite it being unlocked) there's problem something in the custom firmware that's preventing WiFi calling from working on ID.

Any chance of the Motorola G9 Plus being added to the list?

I see that people ask for certain phones to be added to “the list”. Why?

Could someone please explain to me what, exactly, is the purpose of “the list”? Is it that:

1. If a phone is on the list, then VoLTE on that phone is guaranteed/supposed/likely(*) to work? (delete as appropriate)
  2. If a phone is not on the list, then VoLTE on that phone is guaranteed/supposed/likely(*) to not work? (delete as appropriate)

I am asking because I have a VoLTE-enabled phone which is not on the list. Does the fact that it is not on the list mean that it is guaranteed to not work?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @jaimet,

Phones on the list above are devices that we have tested and therefore should work.

If a phone is not listed then it doesn’t mean it won’t work for definite, it’s just that we haven’t tested the phone or when we did, we couldn’t support the service at that time.

Ryan

Hi @Ryan ,

That explains it perfectly - thank you. In that case, can I please ask:

I’ve recently signed up to idmobile hoping that I would be able to use VoLTE on my LG G5. When I force my phone to use “LTE only” (by using the menu available under *#*#4636#*#*), the phone successfully connects using 4G. The “VoLTE Provisioned” switch is showing on “On”, the “Voice Network Type” shows “LTE” and the “Data Network Type” shows “LTE”, but the “IMS Service Status” menu option shows:

IMS Status

IMS Registration: Not registered

Voice over LTE: Unavailable

Do you know whether this is likely to be a problem on my end (device) or on your end (carrier), and whether there is anything that I can do to fix it? TIA, Jaime

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello there @nrsp, great post!

Interesting to note that iD support Wi-Fi Calling on a number of devices, which are NOT apparently supported by their network partner (Three UK) - the iPhone 12 for example.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Ryan ,

That explains it perfectly - thank you. In that case, can I please ask:

I’ve recently signed up to idmobile hoping that I would be able to use VoLTE on my LG G5. When I force my phone to use “LTE only” (by using the menu available under *#*#4636#*#*), the phone successfully connects using 4G. The “VoLTE Provisioned” switch is showing on “On”, the “Voice Network Type” shows “LTE” and the “Data Network Type” shows “LTE”, but the “IMS Service Status” menu option shows:

IMS Status

IMS Registration: Not registered

Voice over LTE: Unavailable

Do you know whether this is likely to be a problem on my end (device) or on your end (carrier), and whether there is anything that I can do to fix it? TIA, Jaime

Hey @jaimet,

If I understood correctly, you’re forcing the device to connect to 4G/LTE calling and that works fine for making calls over 4G but it simply says it’s not available?

Or is it saying it’s connected but in fact it’s not connected and you can’t make 4G calls?

Mohammed

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

This article has been updated with new devices 31/08/21

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello iD, when will the iPhone 13 appear on the Wi-Fi Calling and 4G Calling lists of supported devices?

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@andewhite Hey, the article has now been updated :) 

Emil

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Great - thanks @Emil for updated list of supported devices.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay iD, iPhone 13 device is listed in the Wi-Fi Calling supported devices, but not shown as supporting 4G Calling.

Will the iPhone 13 be tested for 4G Calling support in the near future? Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@andewhite Does this not show for you? I updated both lists at the same time. Can you refresh your page and let me know if it still does not show. 

Emil

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Strange - I couldn’t find/see it previously, but iPhone 13 now appears on the 4G Calling (aka 4G Super-Voice) supported devices list - once again thank you.
:relaxed:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@andewhite ok good, sometimes when making changes to already posted content the platform updates slowly, so might of been that. Good you can see it now and thanks for your question :)

Emil

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m guessing that my Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 (unlocked) won’t be added to your “approved list” for WiFi Calling.

Regards,

Paul

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Paulrichardson,

If the handset isn’t listed on the link below it means that you handset won’t be compatible with iD Mobile.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

Kash

Userlevel 2

Hi @Meritez,

If the handset isn’t listed on the link below it means that you handset won’t be compatible with iD Mobile.

Kash

Any reason you are responding to a reply from 2 years ago?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Meritez,

Kash

Any reason you are responding to a reply from 2 years ago?

@Meritez,

Sorry for the reply, this was meant for a different user.

Regards,

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi does this mean I am using Volite or as you call it 4g calling please

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Johnlightbulb,

That screenshot does indicate that at the time of the photo, the signal you’re using is 4G.

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article updated with Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro. 

Emil

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

New Oppo and Samsung devices added. 

Emil

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

List updated with Honor 50.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article updated with 

• Samsung S21 FE 5G