Solved

Voicemail Number

Userlevel 2

Hi, I have just purchased a Samsung S23 and am trying to change the voicemail Number from +447782333129 to +447782333123, however it gives the message 'Failed to read data - your voicemail number can't be changed'.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Thanks.

Alex.

icon

Best answer by Nikhil P 7 February 2024, 12:13

View original

132 replies

Popped in to my local Currys as I needed to replace my kettle and I picked up another ID SIM from whilst I was there.  This replacement SIM has the correct voicemail number configured!

One thing I noticed about the SIMs that did not have the correct voicemail number, is that they both began with 89442001245 whereas the latest SIM begins with 89442001237.

Hope the others get this sorted

Userlevel 2

Popped in to my local Currys as I needed to replace my kettle and I picked up another ID SIM from whilst I was there.  This replacement SIM has the correct voicemail number configured!

One thing I noticed about the SIMs that did not have the correct voicemail number, is that they both began with 89442001245 whereas the latest SIM begins with 89442001237.

Congratulations @Crispy123 🍾🍾🍾😂

Interesting that the one that works appears to be the older one.  I don't have the number from my first SIM but new one today that doesn't work is 89442001246 so far s even newer.  I may go to Currys and see if they can go through to find me an earlier one.

Congratulations @Crispy123 🍾🍾🍾😂

Interesting that the one that works appears to be the older one.  I don't have the number from my first SIM but new one today that doesn't work is 89442001246 so far s even newer.  I may go to Currys and see if they can go through to find me an earlier one.

Thanks, Jon!

Maybe its the 8944200124 batch is the one to avoid.

Hopefully, you’ll get a correct one on your visit

What I think is awful is that clearly there is a problem going on and where are the moderators? 

A number of customers are having the same issue and they are INVISIBLE to what is going on here!

ID MOBILE should have long intervened here and resolved the problem.

I have got to the point given the shocking customer services just to put up with it. But the number that is embed on the sim is wrong and that they should be resolving the problem. 

If +447782333129 is going to be new VOICEMAIL NUMBER and they haven't yet set it up they should at least have applied a divert from +447782333129 back to +447782333123.

I suspect someone has either programmed this DODGY sims wrong or the new voicemail number hasn't launched.

Either way IDMOBILE should be addressing this but as usual NOTHING.

So again where are the moderators employed by IDMOBILE?

Userlevel 2

If +447782333129 is going to be new VOICEMAIL NUMBER and they haven't yet set it up they should at least have applied a divert from +447782333129 back to +447782333123.

I suspect someone has either programmed this DODGY sims wrong or the new voicemail number hasn't launched.

If they are going to change the voicemail to 129 then they are going to have to either set up a divert from 123 to 129 or send a SIM update to those with a 123 SIM, so why can't they do that for our SIMs now.  Like you say, pretty poor.  It's a minor thing yes,  but the customer service response is enough to make me leave.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD staff usually check forum posts once a day, but sometimes less frequently. 

Despite iD Mobile promoting the iD Community as a place for 24/7 support, this is not true.
The primary channels for contacting iD customer services are: 

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends). 

Userlevel 1

Just come to add my name to the list.  Ported from EE on November 29.

Userlevel 2

@Kash  @Tom  Thought I'd try again in case either of you or any other ID Mobile tech wants to comment yet and advise why this is happening?

I have been on twitter arguing this but they response given stated they cant see an issue on this thread. They simply either dont read it or taking the P. Clearly there is a problem with there sim cards. 

@Nikhil P and co need to be looking at this but as usual the customers is getting the big fob off.

Userlevel 2

I have been on twitter arguing this but they response given stated they cant see an issue on this thread. They simply either dont read it or taking the P. Clearly there is a problem with there sim cards. 

@Nikhil P and co need to be looking at this but as usual the customers is getting the big fob off.

How can they not see there's an issue?!?!?  My next replacement SIM is due tomorrow so will see how that one goes and if it still doesn't work I will order another.  I will also get in touch with ID complaints and then if they don't deal with on to the ombudsman.  All ID have to do is accept there's an issue and push a SIM update out surely.

Userlevel 1

How can they not see there's an issue?!?!?  My next replacement SIM is due tomorrow so will see how that one goes and if it still doesn't work I will order another.  I will also get in touch with ID complaints and then if they don't deal with on to the ombudsman.  All ID have to do is accept there's an issue and push a SIM update out surely.

I am also experiencing this issue. My voicemail number ends 129 and can’t be changed.  I have had my new ID mobile sim card for 3 weeks.  It’s very frustrating.  It  will be interesting to see what happens when you get a new sim card.  Thanks 

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have just purchased a Samsung S23 and am trying to change the voicemail Number from +447782333129 to +447782333123, however it gives the message 'Failed to read data - your voicemail number can't be changed'.

Thanks.

Alex.

I have just received a voicemail notification message. The message says ‘You have 1 new voicemail.  Call +447782333123 to listen’ .  When I clicked to call the voicemail number (the correct number) I get a busy/engaged tone.   The only way to access my voicemails is to dial 123.  ID mobile please look into this!

I have just transferred over from 3 and I am having the same issue. Dialing ‘123’ gets me to my voicemail but Speed Dial ‘1’ has the wrong number ending in ‘129’ and says ‘Sorry, you’ve not been given access to this service’.

Awaiting iD Tech solution 🤞🏻. 

Userlevel 2

I have just transferred over from 3 and I am having the same issue. Dialing ‘123’ gets me to my voicemail but Speed Dial ‘1’ has the wrong number ending in ‘129’ and says ‘Sorry, you’ve not been given access to this service’.

Awaiting iD Tech solution. 

Unfortunately don't hold your breath.  They don't see that there is an issue on their side.  Only current option is to request a new SIM and hope it is one with the correct voicemail number preprogrammed.

Userlevel 2

Thanks.

Alex.

I have just received a voicemail notification message. The message says ‘You have 1 new voicemail.  Call +447782333123 to listen’ .  When I clicked to call the voicemail number (the correct number) I get a busy/engaged tone.   The only way to access my voicemails is to dial 123.  ID mobile please look into this!

They won't look at it Emily unfortunately as they don't see that there is an issue on their side, even though there is.

Userlevel 2

I just spoke to the Complaints department in the UK.  They recognise that there is an issue with some recent SIM cards having the incorrect voicemail number pre-programmed!!!!!!

The very helpful lady said she had read something a couple of days ago about the issue and it is being looked in to but she didn't know what the fix was yet.  She is sending me a replacement SIM in the meantime by next day courier just in case it's a good one, and also said if I call back tomorrow hopefully they will have an update on the issue.   It could be a new SIM once they have some working ones or it could be an over the air update to our current SIMs.

So no fix yet but at least they recognise there's a general issue now.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Wow @jonlane - acknowledgement of issue with voicemail service number from iD - amazing!

Userlevel 2

Wow @jonlane - acknowledgement of issue with voicemail service number from iD - amazing!

I know, I was ready for an argument, I even mentioned this chat thread, but she took the wind out of my sail by saying yes we are aware of it lol.

Well I've been rowing with them on twitter and still can't believe they came back to me saying it was an "individual" problem when clearly it's not. Seen again a few more posts stating the same. Either there manufacturers of the sims have made a big mistake or someone at idmobile has. But I thinking it's shocking that customers have to go to these extremes for someone to get off there backside to resolve. Simply not good enough.

Userlevel 1

So I got a new sim card today from Currys. My voicemail number is now correct and ends 123. My voicemail now works when holding down 1.

The sim card batch number I got from Currys is 8944200 1244310.…

The batch number of my old (new contract 3 weeks old sim) which didn't work was 8944200 1248540.…

Definitely a dodgy new batch of sim cards!

Userlevel 2

So I got a new sim card today from Currys. My voicemail number is now correct and ends 123. My voicemail now works when holding down 1.

The sim card batch number I got from Currys is 8944200 1244310.…

The batch number of my old (new contract 3 weeks old sim) which didn't work was 8944200 1248540.…

Definitely a dodgy new batch of sim cards!

Well done you 👍

I received 2 new SIMs today, both of which are later than that - 1 doesn't work but I will test the other one tomorrow but don't expt it to work.  Will go back to Complaints for an update also and share on here.

I've have just been fobbed off on twitter about it and told just to dial 123. What a joke so my handset wont work correctly due to an ERROR caused by IDMOBILE.

Seems is pointless to ask for a replacement sim as they dont know if you will get a dodgy wrong one or not.

Just dial 123 they have said so great when notifications pop up on my phone to call my voicemail service that I have to pretend is 1993 and not 2023 and to dial the number myself…. what a joke!

Someone at IDMOBILE has caused this issue and someone at IDMOBILE should be resolving it! Not just fob the customer off and pretend it is 1993.

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi everyone, 

Looking at this thread, it seems like the Community figured out the issue before we did! 

Our technical team have been looking in to the issue, and found that there is an error with one batch of iD SIMs. 

As some of you have already been advised, dialing 123 or +447782333123 to access your voicemail still works, however, some customers aren’t able to unable to use the Voicemail shortcut feature on their phone due to an error on a batch of SIMs. 

The team are working on resolving this issue - I don’t have a resolution date as yet, but will let you know as soon as I know. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone, 

Looking at this thread, it seems like the Community figured out the issue before we did! 

Our technical team have been looking in to the issue, and found that there is an error with one batch of iD SIMs. 

As some of you have already been advised, dialing 123 or +447782333123 to access your voicemail still works, however, some customers aren’t able to unable to use the Voicemail shortcut feature on their phone due to an error on a batch of SIMs. 

The team are working on resolving this issue - I don’t have a resolution date as yet, but will let you know as soon as I know. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

@Nikhil P Yes we did, no thanks to Customer Services, but what was more frustrating was the lack of input from your team for such a long time.  Very poor Customer Service in my opinion until I contacts the a Complaints team a few days ago.

Why iD Mobile?