Solved

Voicemail Number

Userlevel 2

Hi, I have just purchased a Samsung S23 and am trying to change the voicemail Number from +447782333129 to +447782333123, however it gives the message 'Failed to read data - your voicemail number can't be changed'.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Thanks.

Alex.

icon

Best answer by Nikhil P 7 February 2024, 12:13

View original

132 replies

Userlevel 2

My turn to be happy I'm afraid. 

I called in at my local Currys whilst shopping today and they had some older SIM cards.  I just registered the SIM and it's working with the 123 voicemail number as it should do.  So if you have a Currys nearby then try getting a SIM from them as they will have a lower turnover of SIMs so are likely to have older ones.

Good luck!

Hi everyone, 

Looking at this thread, it seems like the Community figured out the issue before we did! 

Our technical team have been looking in to the issue, and found that there is an error with one batch of iD SIMs. 

As some of you have already been advised, dialing 123 or +447782333123 to access your voicemail still works, however, some customers aren’t able to unable to use the Voicemail shortcut feature on their phone due to an error on a batch of SIMs. 

The team are working on resolving this issue - I don’t have a resolution date as yet, but will let you know as soon as I know. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

@Nikhil P Yes we did, no thanks to Customer Services, but what was more frustrating was the lack of input from your team for such a long time.  Very poor Customer Service in my opinion until I contacts the a Complaints team a few days ago.

I agree it's a shambles and totally not acceptable given the length of time it's taken and to the extremes customers have been facing to get a fault created by idmobile mobile resolved. So my first sim had this issue and so did it's replacement so it's like a lottery who gets a problem one or not.

But the nonsense I've had on twitter on the subject was utterly shocking saying it was an individual problem then eventually told just to dial 123 like it's 1995 to get your voicemails from.

The problem is most phones send you notifications on a voicemail and I have to do some nonsense to get around it and pretending it's 1995 to retrieve my voicemails.

Hi everyone, 

Looking at this thread, it seems like the Community figured out the issue before we did! 

Our technical team have been looking in to the issue, and found that there is an error with one batch of iD SIMs. 

As some of you have already been advised, dialing 123 or +447782333123 to access your voicemail still works, however, some customers aren’t able to unable to use the Voicemail shortcut feature on their phone due to an error on a batch of SIMs. 

The team are working on resolving this issue - I don’t have a resolution date as yet, but will let you know as soon as I know. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

@Nikhil P Yes we did, no thanks to Customer Services, but what was more frustrating was the lack of input from your team for such a long time.  Very poor Customer Service in my opinion until I contacts the a Complaints team a few days ago.

I agree it's a shambles and totally not acceptable given the length of time it's taken and to the extremes customers have been facing to get a fault created by idmobile mobile resolved. So my first sim had this issue and so did it's replacement so it's like a lottery who gets a problem one or not.

But the nonsense I've had on twitter on the subject was utterly shocking saying it was an individual problem then eventually told just to dial 123 like it's 1995 to get your voicemails from.

The problem is most phones send you notifications on a voicemail and I have to do some nonsense to get around it and pretending it's 1995 to retrieve my voicemails.

A fault that caused by idmobile and not my handset as been repeatedly told it was.

Userlevel 2

@Anthonygb It was my 5th SIM that eventually worked.

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi All,

I understand everyone's frustration with the time it has taken us to acknowledge and identify the problem. While the team was made aware of a potential problem early on, we should have communicated with our customer more effectively. I can assure you that we are working hard to improve the moderation and communication processes on the Community, as well as to resolve the voicemail issue that customers are now experiencing.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Hi All,

I understand everyone's frustration with the time it has taken us to acknowledge and identify the problem. While the team was made aware of a potential problem early on, we should have communicated with our customer more effectively. I can assure you that we are working hard to improve the moderation and communication processes on the Community, as well as to resolve the voicemail issue that customers are now experiencing.

Thanks,

Nikhil

@Nikhil P

So can someone from IDMOBILE advise what the solution is? Are we expected to carry on this pantomime on our phones with the DODGY SIM cards that YOU have supplied?

You have admitted there is a problem weeks ago and surely by now someone at IDMOBILE/3 has the solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Anthonygb,

We're working on a solution, unfortunately we don't have a deployment date yet, however once we do we will be sure to keep you informed.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Kash

So glad to have found this thread as I transferred from Smarty to iD and have been experiencing the same issue and getting hardly any help, other than the comments that everyone else has mentioned.

It's good to note that iD has recognised there is an issue, but from the sound of it I'm not expecting a solution anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @steveb4015 

The tech team on our side is looking into this and seeing how this can be resolved, we appreciate your patience with this.

Tom

So glad to have found this thread as I transferred from Smarty to iD and have been experiencing the same issue and getting hardly any help, other than the comments that everyone else has mentioned.

It's good to note that iD has recognised there is an issue, but from the sound of it I'm not expecting a solution anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong. 

@steveb4015 this has gone on for weeks and weeks. You can read what you want into it but the responses everyone keeps getting was “first there wasnt a problem but blamed the customers themselves”, “then to be informed its an individual problem and not widespread”, “then once there staff on twitter seen this thread continued to blame everyone but themselves.

They have known about this issue for weeks and weeks. We just get fobbed off saying the tech team is looking for a resolution. But from what I am reading they dont know how to resolve the mess that someone has done with there DODGY sim cards.

I am raging at the poor response and how long they are taking to find a resolution on something that they caused.

Dialling 123 like its 1995 is unacceptable given the smartphones that we all have now. The phone should be able to simply go into voicemail by an instant. I wouldn't hold my breath of any resolution as this has gone on and on and on for weeks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Anthonygb 

I’m sorry you feel that we’ve blamed our customers initially, that’s not what we intend to do, before we know of a widespread issue, we’re only dealing with individual cases which we’d treat as individual, when internally we’re updated to say there is a widespread issue, that’s when we can match up what we believed to be individual issues with a widespread one.

Tom

Hi @Anthonygb 

I’m sorry you feel that we’ve blamed our customers initially, that’s not what we intend to do, before we know of a widespread issue, we’re only dealing with individual cases which we’d treat as individual, when internally we’re updated to say there is a widespread issue, that’s when we can match up what we believed to be individual issues with a widespread one.

Tom

“And? What is the solution?”…. this has gone on and on and on…. still IDMOBILE is clueless what they intend to do to resolve this issue!

Customers want resolutions not promises that dont happen!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Anthonygb 

When we have a solution, we’ll be able to provide the information for that, for the moment, we don’t have a solution, sorry.

Tom

3 months now into my contract with this pantomime still going on. 3 months to take to resolve something that's annoying and still your fantastic tech team still have no solutions.

Got myself a new phone at Christmas and surprise surprise the same nonsense with this wrong number embedded into the sim you can't change and now 3 months on still waiting for a solution.

It's pointless ordering new sim or going to curry's for one done it got the badge and it still has the issue.

Starting to regret how long and poor this is taking to resolve. Either you supply goods fit for purpose or allow customers to terminate contracts. Dodgy loaded up sims is goods not fit for purpose and is breaking your terms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Anthonygb 

I’m sorry you feel this way, you can still access your voicemail by dialing 123, you shouldn’t be restricted from accessing the voicemail at all.

Tom

Userlevel 2

@Tom Is this affecting all new SIM cards or is my wife going to be able to get one that works correctly if she joins IDmobile?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jonlane,

As advised you can access Voicemail by calling 123.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I only joined on Friday and have this issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @lucduk23,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about this, have you tried accessing voicemail by dialing 123?

Kash

Userlevel 4

@Kash @Tom and ID mobile customers service, Tec Support it's now 21st January 2024 and I still have this problem like all the rest on ID Mobile I can not get access to Voicemail by pressing the Voicemail shortcut (1) number 1 on the keypad. To this day we still unable to edit the voicemail number in settings, keeps trowing back an error message Please contact your Operator  etc etc

PS. I've done all the settings all over again still same problem calling voicemail from the voicemail keypad (1)

😞😤😤😡

Ps: I Just want to be able to access voicemail by pressing 1 on the keypad, when will this be fixed and would be nice of ID Mobile to at least broadcast updates on this matter. 

Being advised to dial 123 or the full voice mail number for the Voicemail is an option. The shortcut is a function and service supplied by ID Mobile clearly doesn't not work as intended to this day. 

Userlevel 1

I tried messaging the support team via X (I still can't get used to not calling it twitter).

They took me off public chat into DMs to tell me it's still being looked at and there's no ETA for a solution other than to send out a new SIM card which (as we can see from @lucduk23 ) may not fix the issue cos they seem to have a huge batch of wrongly configured SIM cards that they're still sending out - which is really poor practice...

If we all keep messaging them publicly on X, every day, they'll start to pay more attention.

Just taking about it in here is having no effect.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JamieMilne,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know if you don’t receive any further updates and we can check for any updates.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Yesterday my number was ported from EE to ID Mobile and guess what? After more years, more phones and more providers than I can remember, I cannot use the simplest of features anymore. Why can many of us still not use #1 to call voicemail? Why is ID Mobile STILL sending faulty SIM’s to new customers? Surely these SIM’s are batch-identified and should have been recalled months ago. Not good enough.

And the chat App is useless. I wasted good time explaining the problem to AI (without any I) before chatting to a human who fobbed me off by saying I’ve just been ported so give it a day and then try again.

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi, 

We currently have a fix for this issue going through testing, and hope to have it rolled out in med February. 

I’ll update you once I know a deployment data for the fix. 

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks, 

Nikhil

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

We currently have a fix for this issue going through testing, and hope to have it rolled out in med February. 

I’ll update you once I know a deployment data for the fix. 

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks, 

Nikhil

Hi Nikhil

That's a really helpful update, thank you.

In case it helps anyone, as a temporary fix I've set up speed dial on the 2 key to dial voicemail. It's a basic workaround and doesn't work in all cases, but it's slightly easier than dialing 123 every time.

Like Orvill71 says though - the faulty SIMs should have been recalled and either reconfigured or held until this fix was in place. Poor show to keep giving them out to unsuspecting new customers.

Jamie.

Why iD Mobile?