Switching to iD?

Show first post

48 replies

hello, I lost my 9-digit transaction number and I need it to transfer the old number from another network to the id . how can i get it?

Me too hope someone can get back to me can see you didn't get a reply I really need to keep my old number so still using my old sim so this is a waste of money at the minute 

Why is the Live Chat and make a complaint link's not working?

I've only just joined your pathetic service 4 day's ago and I've also opened accounts for my wife and son and I'm not very happy with your service and lack of customer services?

Your Live Chat is not working and the link to make a complaint is not working?

If you can't deliver better customer services then I will cancel all 3 contracts and get a provider which can help customers. 

DON'T REPLY TO THIS POST 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What happens, when you come to register for your iD My Account online, if your last name contains a space or hyphen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Danielle Betney,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @andewhite,

We are aware of this issue occurring on some occasions with space and hyphens. If a customer experiences this issue they can contact us and we can assist further.

Regards,

Kash

My pac code isn’t working I’ve just requested it how do I speak to a person?

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @PiersButler

Sorry to hear you’re having an issue with your PAC. What’s the issue you’re having? Are you trying to port-in or out? 

Regards,

Nikhil

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @andewhite,

As long as the name matches with the name on the account, there shouldn’t be an issue with last names that have a hyphen or a space in it. 

Customers can check how their name appears on the account prior to registering, on the invoice that comes with their SIM/phone. 

If you come across any examples where this isn’t the case, send them over to me, and i’ll look into it. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

hello, I lost my 9-digit transaction number and I need it to transfer the old number from another network to the id . how can i get it?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried contacting the iD customer support team on Facebook or Twitter?
You can do this privately using Facebook Messenger, or use Twitter and send iD a direct message.

The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends + bank holidays).

We’ve tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you’ve submitted, please check that you have provided the correct details and try again

please advise I’ve double checked it all and correct details

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @PiersButler

Have you tried switching using the iD Mobile app? If you’re not already registered, you can register using your temporary iD number which can be found on the invoice that came with your SIM, or your welcome email. Once you’ve registered you can find out how to switch in the app. All you need is the mobile number you’re transferring over and your PAC. 

Here’s a Help Hub article on how to register: 

Alternatively, a member of the team will be in touch with you this morning via direct message. They’ll be able to assist with processing your switch. The cut off time for next working day switches is 5.30pm. So we’ll get this sorted for you today in time for your switch to be processed tomorrow. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Piotr Pietrzak 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @PiersButler,

Did you still need help with this?

It’s possible you are entering your order number instead of your transaction number.

The Transaction number can be found on the invoice.

Try alternatively registering for an iD account first here: https://my.idmobile.co.uk/#tab_default_2

If you have registered, then log-in and click My Services > Keep your number

You should be able to then enter just the PAC and number to keep.

If you still have issues, please let us know.

Also note, when registering, make sure to use the current active number on the iD SIM as the iD number, not the one you want to keep, as we send a code to the active iD SIM only. 

Mohammed

Hello,

What do I do if I’ve lost my old sim but want to transfer my old number to my new sim? How do I get the PAC code? 

Thank you for any help! :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Javaan Stewardson 

Could you let us know a little more about what you’d like to do?

Do you have an existing plan with us and would like a replacement SIM? If so, you won’t need a PAC code, just activate the replacement SIM card in the iD Mobile app/website.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @andewhite,

As long as the name matches with the name on the account, there shouldn’t be an issue with last names that have a hyphen or a space in it. 

Customers can check how their name appears on the account prior to registering, on the invoice that comes with their SIM/phone. 

If you come across any examples where this isn’t the case, send them over to me, and i’ll look into it. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

Some posts in the iD Community appear to suggest an invoice isn’t always packed with the order item(s) - is that possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @andewhite 

It’s possible! Usually invoices are included in the packaging with any order but of course there are a couple of outliers!

Tom

Hi, I am trying to arrange porting and all of the information is correct (as far as I can tell) but It keeps saying something is wrong. 

Can you help?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, I am trying to arrange porting and all of the information is correct (as far as I can tell) but It keeps saying something is wrong. 

Can you help?

Okay @Stephen Herald, are you leaving iD Mobile, or trying to join and port a number over to ID by PAC?

Trying to join. I keep filling the form in but it says something is wrong.

I have also messaged @troublewithswitching 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Trying to join. I keep filling the form in but it says something is wrong.

I have also messaged @troublewithswitching 

Okay @Stephen Herald, I’d recommend contacting the iD Mobile social media customer support team via facebook (with Messenger), or Twitter (by DM (direct message)).
They’ll be able to help with your PAC submission.

Any out-of-hours messages left on facebook or Twitter are handled when the iD social media team next start work - anyway, good luck.
🤞

Can’t fins my Transaction number. I bought it from curry’s and when they shipped it I didn’t get a confirmation email from ID and neither when I registered. 

Why iD Mobile?