F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Userlevel 8
Badge
This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Got a question? Then go ahead and post it below!

237 replies

I got my new phone and sim over a week ago, used the PAC code and all swapped over, but just found that when I message/ ring people they are seeing the number of the new sim, not my retained number. They can ring my retained number and it gets to me but if i send out they see the wrong number and not my contact info- can someone help please as over a week since swapped.

thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @KJ.S 

It sounds like the number hasn’t ported over as of yet, what date was selected for the port to complete on?

Tom

Hi Tom, it was the 23rd June!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @KJ.S 

Okay, are you on an Android or iPhone?

Please try the following;

iPhone;

Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.

If it is not correct, please try resetting network settings and testing.

Android;

1) Open Messages, go to Settings (top right, Message Settings), open "Chat Features" or "RCS Chats", verify if this is the correct number or not.

2) If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to unregister the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features/RCS and the phone. Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features/RCS it should let you re-register/update to the correct number.

Alternatively, you can turn Chat Features/RCS off and test SMS after this.

Tom

My daughter has locked her SIM and I need a PUK but I can’t access Chat to ask for one!  Help please 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Andrew Garrett,

We can help here via PM but we before we send you one, please can you confirm that you are the account holder.

If you aren’t the account holder we will need the account holder to get in touch.

Kash

This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

I’d like to take out a monthly data sim, I have a few questions before I commit  thanks, Lee

1) I believe I can use my phone as a hotspot for my other devices, am I also able to use a mobile wifi router?

2) can you please confirm that I can also change plan from 1 month to the next. ie. Change from unlimited data plan down to a more basic plan and vice Versa?

3) I may not want to use the sim for maybe 3 months of the year, can I keep it on hold now and then for 1-3 months and not be charged, then start paying again on a monthly basis? I intend to use the sim for around 6-9 months of the year, hence why the 1 month contract would suit me best, but only if I’m able to do this

4) am I correct in thinking that I can use 30gb data while roaming as long as my current plan includes at least 30gb+?

that’s all, thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @leegroves,

We’ll try our best to answer all your questions.

1. You can use your SIM for hotspot, however we can’t guarantee that it would be compatible with a Wi-Fi Router.
  2. If you are on a 30 day rolling contract you can change your plan every 30 days to any available/eligible plan.
  3. We don’t offer any way to pause the contract and you would continue to be charged until you cancel even if you weren’t to use it.
  4. If you join anytime after 21st June 2023, you can use 30GB data whilst abroad if your plan included 30GB or more of data. You can find further information at the link :https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy#after-june-2023

Kash

Userlevel 1

hello I have a new contract with yourselves 

I changed my number over to yourselves which took a good couple of days as there was issues your end I’ve literally only been with you 11 days at the most and I’ve already been billed a full month is this correct 

Hi, thanks for your reply, so I guess the best option for the months where I don’t need it would be to just choose the cheapest monthly tariff? , also, if I found the coverage suitable, can I transfer my current Vodafone number at a later date? i wouldn’t risk doing it straight away as a year or so ago Voda was the only network that would get a signal inside my house, although when I check on a network coverage site, Voda comes out the weakest, the 30gb roaming really appeals to me tho 👍, so if I find it works well in my house I would transfer later, cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @leegroves,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have a 30 day rolling SIM card you can change the plan every 30 days. If you weren’t using the SIM you can change the tariff to the cheapest one.

Regarding the number port, you can port your number from a different network anytime over to replace your original iD Mobile number.

You can port the number using the link HERE.

Kash

I would like to make an additional payment without affecting my direct debit. Is this possible? My daughter needs a new phone and I can't get her a new contract phone until I have made three payments. I would like to make an additional payment and still have my direct debit taken as normal. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Chez51,

I’ve replied to you today via Social Media already.

Making a payment additionally won’t speed up the ability to upgrade as you were advised by Carphone Warehouse.

Sorry about that!

Please refer to our existing conversation via Social Media.

Mohammed

I signed up with id on Fri 1st Sep, my number gets ported Tuesday 5th Sep, I have not got my sim and tomorrow my sim goes off.

I got email saying it's dispatched, but no tracking number.

Please advise, my number gets ported tomorrow I don't want to be left with no network.

I got email saying dispatched but no tracking.

I did not realise there was no customer services, I will have to leave id now 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Please advise, my number gets ported tomorrow I don't want to be left with no network.

I got email saying dispatched but no tracking.

I did not realise there was no customer services, I will have to leave id now 

Unfortunately an iD SIM order is sent by Royal Mail (without tracking), and iD Mobile do advise allowing 3-5 working days for delivery, from the date of dispatch.

Your order might not arrive until 8th September @Kieran96

So why would they port my number so soon, before I get my sim, now I will be left with no way to make an receive calls.

Not very good customer services they have, you have to post on a forum and hope you get a answer.

As soon as I get my sim am off to a real network THREE where you can phone customer services.

Is there any way I can stop my number porting and cancel my move and close account. I only joined on Friday 1st Sep, am within my cooling of period 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So why would they port my number so soon, before I get my sim, now I will be left with no way to make an receive calls.

Perhaps iD are using the transfer date you provided at the point-of-purchase.

Not very good customer services they have, you have to post on a forum and hope you get a answer.

iD advertise their help & support as 100% online, via their online Live Chat service, or on social media using Facebook Messenger or X (Twitter) DM. 

The agents work 9am - 8pm on weekdays.

Is there any way I can stop my number porting and cancel my move and close account. I only joined on Friday 1st Sep, am within my cooling of period 

I've used live chat number porting cancelled contract cancelled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kieran96 

Glad to hear live chat got this sorted for you.

Tom

Thanks.

As of last week some people are unable to call my number. It doesn't even go to voicemail or even attempt to ring. The call just goes dead. The only way they can call me is if we are both on Wi-Fi calling.  Is there a way I can check with? The problem is because I can't seem to figure it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @thedods.

Welcome to the Community!

Are you able to call people without any issues?

Have you ported your number over to iD Mobile recently?

It may be worth testing your SIM in a different handset to see if that makes a difference.

We’ll advise further once you get back to us.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I placed an order with ID Mobile yesterday morning - ref 

You sent me an email around 16 hours later to inform me that you have delays (these were not mentioned at the time of ordering) and it may take a further 5 days before you dispatch my phone. My assumption is that these emails are autogenerated and there is not a person on the other end of them. 

I replied to your email but do not know if and when this will be picked up.  In my reply I explained that I am travelling to France on 24 September, so if you can't guarantee delivery at least 3 days before that then I will need to cancel my order. 

Please confirm if I can actually expect to receive my order by then or not.  If not then I need you to immediately cancel my order. If I do not hear back then I will have to cancel the direct debit I set up as a precaution. You should not offer next day delivery if you can't fulfil it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ZeldaS,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?