Tutorial

What to do before asking a question?

• 2 January 2019
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Have you got a burning question? Is there something you need to know about your iD Mobile plan, or mobile tech in general?

Then you’re in the right place. The iD Mobile Community will give you the answers you need.

And you might not even have to post a new question – it might have been asked and answered already, and sitting on the Community ready and waiting for you! To check if it already exists, here’s what to do…

1. Use the search bar at the top of every Community page to look for your question. Think about the key words of your question, and enter them first. You’ll then see a list of suggested questions appear below the search bar. If you’re question’s there, go ahead and tap on it!
  2. Browse sub-categories under the ‘Menu’ bar at the top of every Community page. If you find the relevant subject area for your question, tap on it and scroll through the posts.

If you’ve tried the above and definitely can’t find your question, then go ahead and post it! You’ll find lots of advice on posting a question that’ll get answered quickly here: How to start a new topic

43 replies

Why are you taking money from me when I don't have any account for you never have and never will but you been taking money from my bank theiving asses

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kirkiep 

You’ll be able to see how much you’d owe for leaving early by texting “85075” with “INFO”.

This will give the final termination fee at that time, you’ll be able to pay immediately if you wish by making a manual payment either via the app or payment line on 0333 003 0001, however it may be best to await the final bill email we’d send you shortly after you plan disconnects.

You can cancel by either contacting us to give 30 days notice (if you want to lose your number), or by requesting and using a PAC code with another network (if you want to keep your number).

If you wish for us to get in touch here and assist with a cancellation, please let us know.

Tom

I want to cancel my contract but need to know how much it costs to finalise things and how I can pay what’s due immediately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Abhay Chopada,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you have the correct number in your settings under the My Number section.

If you are using an iPhone please ensure that the correct number is displayed under Facetime and iMessage.

Kash

I ported my number over to ID and it was supposed to be completed on 6th June from O2

The problem is I can only receive some calls or texts and some calls go straight to the voicemail on my old provider.  e.

Technical support were supposed to contact me but I’m guessing they couldn’t get through on my phone because its not working.

So thats where I’m at. ID tell me that everything is working yet I can’t receive texts or calls.

Any ideas would me appreciated because my business is in a mess because of this.

Testing123

Pong

Ping

pong

@maybeitisme - ping

Testing123

Pong

Ping

pong

Testing123

Pong

Ping

Testing123

Pong

Testing123

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jimbo123,

It can sometimes be down to the handset settings and not the port.

Can you confirm which handset you are using and we can advise on the steps?

It may also be worth checking that the correct number is displayed in the ‘My Number’ section.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed, 

The number has been part ported but there is still an issue. 

If I ring my ported number, my phone rings as it should. If I text my ported number, I receive it no problem. If I text FROM my phone, the receiver of the message still gets a display of the original number you supplied me with and not the ported one. 

I have reset the phone several times, removed and replaced the SIM and reset the network settings. None of this has remedied the situation. 

Can you advise what will sort this issue? 

I am pleased to say that the half price offer deal issue has finally been resolved. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @Jimbo123  if you can check and confim when you do get a chance and let us know so we can help troubleshoot further if needed.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed, thanks for your reply. 
I had another email yesterday (Sunday) about providing my date of birth and direct debit confirmation, which I answered. 
I have yet to have a reply. 
I haven’t checked today whether the number has ported or not as the phone is at home. 
Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @Jimbo123,

If you still have issues with this, we can PM you here and look into this further for you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Tom, 

Update: had a call yesterday (Sat) from customer services asking for the record of my chat conversations. Luckily I had saved them all as PDF files and sent all 3 along with a snapshot of my original email from ID which clearly showed the half price offer. (it is still available on your website!) 

Number is still to port and I have now been informed it should happen by the end of the day on Monday. 

Lesson for all - keep your chat records as ID seem not to be able to retrieve them 

Will keep you updated as/if anything actually happens. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply.
I spent another 40mins on the chat this morning (6 Jan) trying to resolve this as the half price offer for 3 months hasn’t been added to the account either. 

My number has still not ported and they are now saying another 24-48 hrs. 

All very frustrating! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jimbo123 

Has the issue been resolved yet as the Live Chat have suggested?

If it hasn’t been resolved please let us know so we can get in contact and take a further look.

As the number has disconnected from the old supplier their PAC code would no longer be active, they wouldn’t be able to assist with your number.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi, my existing number failed to port to my ID SIM card yesterday (4 Jan) but my old supplier has switched the number off. I am now left with a new number and cannot access the unlimited data I am paying for! I contacted the chat line yesterday and they said it will be sorted within 24-48 hrs.

How long will this realistically take?   

I’m thinking of switching to another supplier as I must be within my cancelation period. If I do that can I use the old PAC code my old supplier gave me? 

Any help much appreciated. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I am trying to speak with a human so i can explain the  issue I have. I have a new sim card but no mobile number with it. If i cant get this sorted i want to close my account.  

Okay @P A C,

You can’t have a telephone chat with the iD Mobile support team - all iD support is online.

You’ve got a new iD SIM - all new SIM cards from iD are ready to use, so try one of the following:

1. Pop your new iD SIM into a phone, call another mobile and ask them for your new number.
  2. Alternatively, use your mobile with your new SIM to call your own landline (assuming you’ve got a landline), then from the landline call 1471 for the last caller’s number.

If (1) and (2) doesn’t work, get in-touch with iD Mobile using facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message).

The iD social media team will help getting your mobile number and the PAC from your old provider. Any out-of-hours messages left on facebook, or Twitter, are handled when the social media team next start work.

Good luck @P A C
🤞

I am trying to speak with a human so i can explain the  issue I have. I have a new sim card but no mobile number with it. If i cant get this sorted i want to close my account.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you looked at your latest bills in the iD App or your iD My Account online?

Your monthly bills will show all the itemised charges for calls, texts, data, etc. for your iD account.

Why has my bill increased from £13.09 to£40.03 . 

Have you got a burning question? Is there something you need to know about your iD Mobile plan, or mobile tech in general?

Then you’re in the right place. The iD Mobile Community will give you the answers you need.

And you might not even have to post a new question – it might have been asked and answered already, and sitting on the Community ready and waiting for you! To check if it already exists, here’s what to do…

1. Use the search bar at the top of every Community page to look for your question. Think about the key words of your question, and enter them first. You’ll then see a list of suggested questions appear below the search bar. If you’re question’s there, go ahead and tap on it!
  2. Browse sub-categories under the ‘Menu’ bar at the top of every Community page. If you find the relevant subject area for your question, tap on it and scroll through the posts.

If you’ve tried the above and definitely can’t find your question, then go ahead and post it! You’ll find lots of advice on posting a question that’ll get answered quickly here: How to start a new topic

Cannit understand why my bill has jumped from £13.09 to £40.03 this month. Please explain

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Connor Goy ,

Are you looking to leave without your number or move your number to a new network.

To cancel your plan without switching to another network, simply: 

1. Log in to the iD Mobile App or My Account online 

2. Go to the My Account page and tap Thinking of Leaving

3. Click Switch or Cancel Now 

4. Choose Cancel my iD plan and follow the instructions

If you wish to move your number to a new network.

You can simply text the words PAC to the number 65075 from the iD SIM card.

A PAC code will then be texted to you and you can give that to the new network provider who will port your number out.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?