Tutorial

What to do before asking a question?

• 2 January 2019
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Have you got a burning question? Is there something you need to know about your iD Mobile plan, or mobile tech in general?

Then you’re in the right place. The iD Mobile Community will give you the answers you need.

And you might not even have to post a new question – it might have been asked and answered already, and sitting on the Community ready and waiting for you! To check if it already exists, here’s what to do…

1. Use the search bar at the top of every Community page to look for your question. Think about the key words of your question, and enter them first. You’ll then see a list of suggested questions appear below the search bar. If you’re question’s there, go ahead and tap on it!
  2. Browse sub-categories under the ‘Menu’ bar at the top of every Community page. If you find the relevant subject area for your question, tap on it and scroll through the posts.

If you’ve tried the above and definitely can’t find your question, then go ahead and post it! You’ll find lots of advice on posting a question that’ll get answered quickly here: How to start a new topic

43 replies

Userlevel 1

I received a text message from 447368139269 to say my bill could not be processed and asking to update my information is this a scam mail

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Mick g,

It sound like it.

I’d recommend blocking that number.

Will

Userlevel 1

Yesterday I received my new SIM card. I am changing my plan and was able to insert the Sim card. I was then informed that it would take about 24 hours for you to activate my phone, and that I would receive a fax informing me that my phone was activated and I could use the phone. 27 hours later I am still waiting...unable to use my phone or receive calls. What is the problem? I need my phone to be working. Please let me know what is happening.

Robert Graham  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @RichardWatt7,

It shouldn’t be an issue but let us know what is showing on your iD account tomorrow and we can check it out.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi i haven’t received my SIM card can I have another one sent out

Userlevel 1

Hi 

Could i get a reply to why I have received a notification that I have a final payment to make for my sons contract which ended on the 14th of April. I cancelled the contract also via my account and  had a responce asking to keep my DD open for the final payment. I did this and the payment (Final) one was taken out on the 5th of May. I then cancelled my DD but have since got a message saying to keep my DD open for my contract?? Obviously during this time its not possible to speak to anyone however a live chat would help.

Userlevel 1

Hi I’m new to I.d I received my new pays monthly sim two days ago was all working fine till I received a text saying We are sorry to see you go - in case you still want your number, your SIM is now active on Pay As You Go. Use the iD Mobile app or My Account online to view your account. I’ve not personally closed or cancelled anything so I’m confused now my calls text etc are not working and it’s saying I need to top up can anyone please help me 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @James95,

I’ve replied to you already and sent you a PM.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Yes I’ve replied back thank you 

Userlevel 1

I took a new contract out with ID mobile through carphone warehouse and the advisor took the PAC code and advised when the phone arrived the number would transfer over.

The phone arrived early Friday and the number is yet to transfer over, I did try change the number over using the PAC code in the ID Mobile app, however it came back as incorrect. I have spoke to EE who cannot confirm if the number is being transferred. I am now being billed for both contracts until this is resolved. Can someone please look into this and confirm if my number is transfering over and how I can get this sorted if not?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @MrsLJBe,

We’re sorry to hear about that! We will send you a PM now so we can investigate this further.

Ryan

Edit: I can see we have sent you a private message yesterday.

I want to cancel my contract but need to know how much it costs to finalise things and how I can pay what’s due immediately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kirkiep 

You’ll be able to see how much you’d owe for leaving early by texting “85075” with “INFO”.

This will give the final termination fee at that time, you’ll be able to pay immediately if you wish by making a manual payment either via the app or payment line on 0333 003 0001, however it may be best to await the final bill email we’d send you shortly after you plan disconnects.

You can cancel by either contacting us to give 30 days notice (if you want to lose your number), or by requesting and using a PAC code with another network (if you want to keep your number).

If you wish for us to get in touch here and assist with a cancellation, please let us know.

Tom

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @dadarob,

Have you tried powering down the handset for 10 minutes? Have you checked to see if the other SIM is working?

Will

Userlevel 1

I just logged into one of my accounts (the one for my wife) and I get the message below:

Warning message

The direct debit date, according to the Aug 2021 bill, is the 29th August (which is today as I post this), a Sunday: with the bank holiday, the direct debit won’t actually be taken until Tuesday the 31st August, so what do I need to do?

It’s not my fault that the direct debit is set for a date that falls on a Sunday this time (and in this case just before a bank holiday as well).

Userlevel 1

Hi, my existing number failed to port to my ID SIM card yesterday (4 Jan) but my old supplier has switched the number off. I am now left with a new number and cannot access the unlimited data I am paying for! I contacted the chat line yesterday and they said it will be sorted within 24-48 hrs.

How long will this realistically take?   

I’m thinking of switching to another supplier as I must be within my cancelation period. If I do that can I use the old PAC code my old supplier gave me? 

Any help much appreciated. 

Why are you taking money from me when I don't have any account for you never have and never will but you been taking money from my bank theiving asses

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jimbo123 

Has the issue been resolved yet as the Live Chat have suggested?

If it hasn’t been resolved please let us know so we can get in contact and take a further look.

As the number has disconnected from the old supplier their PAC code would no longer be active, they wouldn’t be able to assist with your number.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply.
I spent another 40mins on the chat this morning (6 Jan) trying to resolve this as the half price offer for 3 months hasn’t been added to the account either. 

My number has still not ported and they are now saying another 24-48 hrs. 

All very frustrating! 

Testing123

Testing123

Pong

Testing123

Pong

Ping

Testing123

Pong

Ping

pong

Testing123

Pong

Ping

pong

@maybeitisme - ping

Userlevel 1

Tom, 

Update: had a call yesterday (Sat) from customer services asking for the record of my chat conversations. Luckily I had saved them all as PDF files and sent all 3 along with a snapshot of my original email from ID which clearly showed the half price offer. (it is still available on your website!) 

Number is still to port and I have now been informed it should happen by the end of the day on Monday. 

Lesson for all - keep your chat records as ID seem not to be able to retrieve them 

Will keep you updated as/if anything actually happens. 

Why iD Mobile?