Solved

Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number

Show first post

100 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi @Lisa Wolff , @pjw67 

You’re correct, the issue has not yet been fully resolved and hence this thread should not be shown as “solved”. I’ll figure out why the Community displays this. 

Regarding the issue, I can assure you that we’re working on this as a high priority. Our network teams have been working overnights in an attempt to solve the problem. It’s important we do network/technology changes in the early hours so that it causes minimal disruption. Our teams will continue to work around the clock until the problem is resolved.

Thanks for your patience and I’ll provide a further update as soon as more info is available.

Kieran

Thanks Kieran.  I am pleased that the issue happened to you to and that you got to experience what I was trying to highlight.  

Thank you for looking into it and keeping us updated.

Lisa

Userlevel 1

I too have this problem. I have had an ID mobile account for many years, and this particular SIM card and iPhone 5s for nearly 2 years. Up until a week ago I have never had an issue then suddenly started getting this ‘service does not allow access’ message during calls.

It can be before the person I am phoning has answered, or during a conversation. I have rung both landline numbers and 0800 numbers, there seems to be no pattern to it.

I would like to know if ID know why this is happening.

Userlevel 2

Actually Will, Its just dropped a call I was on :(  I was speaking to him for 34 minutes and for no reason the call dropped out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @MikeS  & @AndyLB,

The issue has been escalated to Three UK and we’re currently looking into a fix with their Networking Team.

We’re aware of the issue and can only apologise for the inconvenience this may be causing at this moment in time.

Mohammed

I am new to ID mobile and have had calls dropped all day. These are to local landline numbers. I will be mid way through a conversation and suddenly hear three beeps and hear a recorded message saying “sorry your service does not allow access to this number”.

Please assist as I cannot continue with contract if phone cannot make calls

Userlevel 1

I've just had exactly the same problem calling my car insurer. I've had no problems calling them until today. I've made many calls to them the last 2 weeks, but suddenly it cut me off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @JoeKing 

We believe this matter to be resolved, are you still having this issue? If so, this may be isolated to you, not widespread.

Have you tried a replacement SIM card?

Tom

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Buster2588, I’d reconsider the cancelling of the direct debit, as it doesn’t do anything to solve the isse, and usually just results in more problems.

I’ll drop you a private message now so we can take a look for you.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi @Buster2588, I’d reconsider the cancelling of the direct debit, as it doesn’t do anything to solve the isse, and usually just results in more problems.

I’ll drop you a private message now so we can take a look for you.

Will

Hi Will

The direct debit has already been cancelled. ID have overcharged me for a service that keeps cutting out, that’s doubly insulting as far as I’m concerned. It will get reinstated and paid when all problems are corrected. If not, your accounts department can have the inconvenience of chasing me for the payment, to compensate for the inconvenience you’ve caused me….and numerous other customers it seems.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @Lisa Wolff,

I’ll drop you a Private Message now so we can some more specific details and get this logged with our Tech Team for you.

Will

Userlevel 4

Hi @JoeKing 

We believe this matter to be resolved, are you still having this issue? If so, this may be isolated to you, not widespread.

Have you tried a replacement SIM card?

Tom

@Tom Thank you for replying problem still currently happing as far as I know. Friday 26th January 2024 I was attending a funeral so phone was on silent all day until we got home 11pm. As for today Saturday 27th January it's just almost 11am and I've yet to make or receive a direct call.

iD Mobile Employee has been in contact with me this past few day's I won't add their name or ID here but if you need this I can send in a PM to you. I've done what they have asked of me also explained other matters on the services to them. 

As for you last question have I had a replacement sim changed, no I have not as I personally know this will not correct the problems that I'm experiencing. 

I know it difficult on your part and the other helpers that aren't employed by IDM, all most customers want are regular updates announcement on problems,  even if the thread was made a sticky and closed solely for information purposes only. Something has to change in the way IDM deal with customers issues more so when they are a common problem across the network. I'm one of the angry customers out here only been with IDM since 2rd January 2024, the only thing that went fine for me was my number ported over on the 15 January. My background as a Telecom Technician and administrator for 40 years plus, I know what can go wrong and what needs to be done. Sadly IDM operates totally different to most mobile provides when it comes to helping their customers. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @MikeS , @AndyLB , @sfusion and @r_smith.

I’ll send each of you a Private Message now regarding this.

Will

Hi @Jason Dixon@baz069 & @JoeKing 

Sorry to hear this, the team are aware of this issue and are investigating this urgently.

Tom

Hi Tom

appreciate the reply, however, it was still happening throughout a call at 1530 ish. Very annoying

Appreciate the support

I’ve also had the same problem, after joining ID mobile recently. About 6 minutes into a call, to a number I call regularly, I get the message: “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number” and the call cuts off. How do I get help with this issue?

I have the same problem, I got cut off about 10 times phone calls yesterday, one call was to my sister who is unwell, I had to call her back about 6 times to try and finish my call!

This is a mobile number I can nearly every day so there is nothing unusual with the number

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Buster2588

It was just a bit of general advice speaking from experience. You should do what you feel comfortable with.

Will

This has happened to me twice in the past 2 days. One was dialling a private landline (cut off after 25 min) and one to a customer service switchboard (after about 10 min). I have plenty of minutes left. What can I do?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Buster2588

It was just a bit of general advice speaking from experience. You should do what you feel comfortable with.

Will

Hi Will

Can you respond to the private message I sent 4 hours ago please

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Buster2588 

I do believe Will is going through the PM’s currently.  So it shouldn’t be too long.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @David Francis 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mkol6080 

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with calling, is this just with this one number or multiple?

We have had a recent outage that we apologise for, we believe services are back up and running, it may be worth rebooting your device to test.

Tom

Getting the same exact error. It’s happened 3 times to me recently. Frustratingly, I just waited 40 minutes on hold only to be cut off with this very message. I found this post from Google - all recent posts from ID Mobile customers. Clearly, there is a general problem here. ID Mobile need to give information as to what the issue is, and when they intend to fix it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @Chris Burridge,

Most likely it was a one-off issue as we had a few reports of this but has now been resolved.

Mohammed

Hi all,

I can now confirm the issue has been resolved :). We’ve been monitoring the network since implementing an overnight change towards the end of last week and have not seen any further instances of the problem.

Thanks for your patience and contributions to the Community as we worked to get this one fixed!

Kieran

This is still happening to me

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Chris Burridge @jewelie @Mark Huntley @Oggy

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that you are all having issues.

Is this issue now resolved or are you still having issues with calling?

It seems like everyone experienced this on the same day which means it may have been a short outage that took place.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?