Solved

Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number

Show first post

100 replies

I also had this problem. I'm new to ID so am concerned in case this is going to be a regular issue, not a good start. I was calling my elderly mother and call dropped mid conversation. Couldn't call her back as I kept getting the same message. I'm using a Samsung S20. Luckily I had my work mobile with me and was able to call her using that. 

Userlevel 2

I started an additional thread of my own and was told to ‘turn off and back on again’

Seriously is that the extent of the a D.C. I’ve they can provide? I’ve only been with them since Feb and the service seems to be an utter joke. 
Looks like I’ll be ending my rolling contract and going to a more reliable provider!

Very frustrating Buster.  I turn my work phone on and off every day.  I can reassure you and others that this doesn’t help in any way.  

It’s obvious we aren’t the only people to experience this problem and I think they must have a faulty batch of SIMS or something?  My colleague is with them and has no issues?!

It has happened to me  about ten times in the last three weeks. Numbers of friends and two important calls I had been on hold for. i called customer services who hadn’t heard of anything like this. I’ve rebooted the phone and taken the sim card out but it happened again just this morning. Live chat is not available either. Can anyone please help me as this topic is marked as “Solved”?

Thanks.

This issue has started again, 3 times today i’ve been cut off mid call with the message “sorry, your service does not allow access to this number”. Clearly it does, because it happened mid call!

Userlevel 4

Hello all I ported my number and it was completed yesterday 15 January 2024, and all services were fine. 

Today now 16 January 2024 I can't make calls or if I do they just cut off when calling the number or in the middle of the call. 

It's the same annoying announcement (Sorry service does not allow access to this number) and the numbers are all mobile or land lines.

What do I need to do as I've turn phone off for 30 mins and turned back on and still happens. 

PS. It's happening all the time! 

Userlevel 4

Hello all I ported my number and it was completed yesterday 15 January 2024, and all services were fine. 

Today now 16 January 2024 I can't make calls or if I do they just cut off when calling the number or in the middle of the call. 

It's the same annoying announcement (Sorry service does not allow access to this number) and the numbers are all mobile or land lines.

What do I need to do as I've turn phone off for 30 mins and turned back on and still happens. 

PS. It's happening all the time! 

I spoke to agent on their chat. They are aware and trying to resolve issue 

OK thanks for the update 😉

Same here, trying to call dwp for hours now

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Mkol6080, we’re very sorry to hear that you had that experience with the complaints team.

If the complaints team have advised that you’re unable to call, and there’s nothing that we can do, then unfortunately, that is likely to be the case I’m afraid. There are simply some numbers that you can’t call with iD Mobile, and that is something we can’t change ourselves.

If you have any further queries regarding this, I’d recommend re-contacting the complaints team to investigate further as your complaint is already with them and being looked into.

Kind regards,

Tyler

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Lisa Wolff, is it a chargeable number? Also, do you have a cap set on your account at all? 

Will

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Clickey,

Welcome to the Community!

Do you get this issue with that specific number or other free to call numbers also?

As it’s an 0800 number it should be free to call so the cap won’t be the issue here.

Kash

Userlevel 1

It's only started happening this afternoon for me.....

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Buster2588,

Has anybody sent you a Private message regarding this yet?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi Will

No, I haven’t received any message. I have also been overcharged on my last bill. I have cancelled my direct debit until all of this is corrected.

I too am now getting cut off during a call. It happened three times. 
sorry but this service does not allow calls to this number 

please resolve this issue asap. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @David Francis,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you still experiencing the issue?

Outages and issues can occur and the team work on getting these fixed as soon as possible.

If you are still having the issue we can PM you for further assistance.

Kash

Userlevel 1

How can IDM say this is solved when it is still regularly affecting many customers 3 years after the original post.  If you can’t provide a reliable service please put us all out of our misery and cancel our contracts.

My phone has cut out six times today on three calls, all with the interruption of the beep and female voice claiming I don't have permission, then cutting me off. 

Userlevel 4

Hi @Jason Dixon@baz069 & @JoeKing 

Sorry to hear this, the team are aware of this issue and are investigating this urgently.

Tom

@Tom  thanks for your feedback as I'm unable to use the live chat funtion.

By the way no way I'm having a dig at you but this issue has been going on for a long time over the year's and still has not been resolved permanently. 

I for one understand the setback and anger customers have or facing having being an administrator in the Telecom industry for a good number of year's. 

With ID mobile there no way to speak to a human being to report issues and if you have no broadband, WI-FI or data you can't communicate with ID. 

Still thanks for keep us in the loop Tom most appreciated, but this problem is frustrating. 

I’m also suffering from this issue. Regularly cut off mid call “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number”

Tried powering phone off/on to no avail. 

Hopefully this will be resolved soon so that my wife and I don’t have to leave for another network.

I’ve been having the same issue since last week, which is highly problematic for me because I need to be able to contact clients for work. I’m only using landline and mobile telephone numbers - no premium numbers, and as I turn my phone off every night anyway, I know that’s not a reasonable fix.

It comes across as very unprofessional speaking to someone about their deceased family members and the phone cutting out halfway through the conversation. Any updates regarding the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 2

Hi @Lisa Wolff, is it a chargeable number? Also, do you have a cap set on your account at all? 

Will

Hi Will

Thank you for replying.  It’s a £6 monthly sim, unlimited call and texts.  I set a cap for data but that's because i never use the data as the phone is always connected to my my Wifi but I have never used it for the internet.  Although it did start off making WIFI calls, as I mentioned above, I turned this feature off when I realised it was activated but it drops calls both on WIFI and cellular.

Hoping you can help because I make a lot of calls whereby I am put through to professionals time after time and am not privy to their number and when the phone drops the call, I have no way of ringing them back!

Many thanks

LIsa

Userlevel 2

It has happened to me  about ten times in the last three weeks. Numbers of friends and two important calls I had been on hold for. i called customer services who hadn’t heard of anything like this. I’ve rebooted the phone and taken the sim card out but it happened again just this morning. Live chat is not available either. Can anyone please help me as this topic is marked as “Solved”?

Thanks.

HI @pjw67 I am the originator of the post and I can assure you that I haven’t marked it as solved.  I am guessing that power lies with the administrators. 

Massively frustrating issue simply because there is no rhyme and reason.  It’s hard to re-establish trust in a service once it’s been broken.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No problem @Hazel1956,

Your patience was much appreciated by all of us here.

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

We’ll do our best to assist @Lisa Wolff.

So the number you’re calling, is this like a Switchboard number, and then you’re passed through to someone else? If that’s the case, at what stage is the calling cutting off? Is there any consistency with how long the calls are lasting, or at which stage during the call that it ends?

Will

Userlevel 2

We’ll do our best to assist @Lisa Wolff.

So the number you’re calling, is this like a Switchboard number, and then you’re passed through to someone else? If that’s the case, at what stage is the calling cutting off? Is there any consistency with how long the calls are lasting, or at which stage during the call that it ends?

Will

No consistency at all will. It hasn’t dropped today but they have been shorter calls today and I haven't used the phone as much.

It is all sorts of number - private landlines / mobiles / businesses - there is no rhyme nor reason to the drop outs.

Sometimes it is when i have been talking to the same person for a long time.

Sometimes it is when i have been talking to the same person for a short time.

It has never dropped whilst I am being put through.

Lis

Why iD Mobile?