Solved

Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number

Userlevel 2

PLEASE can someone answer this message for me.  I work for a charity supporting vulnerable and elderly people and I am regularly being cut off during phone calls using my ID mobile SIM.  

I will be mid way through a conversation and suddenly hear three beeps and hear a recorded message saying “sorry your service does not allow access to this number”

I have turned off WIFI calling as I thought that might be causing the issue but it’s still happening!  I know the phone is fine as it works with other SIMS. 

I have resorted to using my personal phone as I cannot trust the ID SIM mobile but I need to get this resolved.

Please help me to resolve this someone?

icon

Best answer by KieranC 31 August 2020, 12:47

View original

100 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi all,

I can now confirm the issue has been resolved :). We’ve been monitoring the network since implementing an overnight change towards the end of last week and have not seen any further instances of the problem.

Thanks for your patience and contributions to the Community as we worked to get this one fixed!

Kieran

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi everyone,

We believe we’ve found the cause of the issue and now just need to provide a fix. For some reason, some calls at random times are failing over to our backup server even though our primary server is running normally. Having backups and fail overs is usually a good thing as it means our services continue to run even if there is a problem. However, in this instance, something’s not working correctly. This issue should only be affecting a very small minority of customers which makes it a little trickier to solve. I can understand it’s frustrating for you as customers and I can assure you we’re all working to get it fixed as quickly as possible!

I’ll provide a further update when it becomes available. Thanks for your patience!

Kieran

Userlevel 2

Hi all,

I can now confirm the issue has been resolved :). We’ve been monitoring the network since implementing an overnight change towards the end of last week and have not seen any further instances of the problem.

Thanks for your patience and contributions to the Community as we worked to get this one fixed!

Kieran

Hi Kieran

Thanks for the update.  Fingers crossed that this fix will permanently resolve the issue.

Many thanks

lisa

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Lisa Wolff , @pjw67 

You’re correct, the issue has not yet been fully resolved and hence this thread should not be shown as “solved”. I’ll figure out why the Community displays this. 

Regarding the issue, I can assure you that we’re working on this as a high priority. Our network teams have been working overnights in an attempt to solve the problem. It’s important we do network/technology changes in the early hours so that it causes minimal disruption. Our teams will continue to work around the clock until the problem is resolved.

Thanks for your patience and I’ll provide a further update as soon as more info is available.

Kieran

Userlevel 1

I have been getting this message also during calls over the last 4/5 days.  It is very frustrating

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your great info! I’ve experienced the same issue using my iD Mobile phone. It’s quite an odd one! I’ve escalated the problem to our development team and hopefully we’ll get to the bottom of it soon.

Cheers,

Kieran

Userlevel 1

I've also been having this problem lately, getting cut off mid-call to normal local land line numbers. Is there any resolution? 

Userlevel 4

It would of been nice if ID Mobile did a broadcast text to all their customers that this issue that your experience is being dealt with ( and give an example of said issues) and that we'll keeo you upto date at regular intervals.. 

Just polite as you don't get any where with the virtual chat on ID..

Bring back call support lines can't see ID doing such a thing again in my life time. 

Foot note Yes I'm still experiencing this same problem  17th January 2024

Userlevel 2

One thing that hasn't been asked by ID in this matter & something none of us has mentioned.......handset? If we are all having this problem & we are all using the same brand/model handset it would point to that handset brand, or, are we all having the problem but on various brand handsets?

I'm using a Huawei 30 pro new edition.

What about you guys?

Good question!! 

Work phone; so old Iphone 5s

Lis

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re extremely sorry for any frustration or uncomfortable situations this has landed you in @Meaniepants 

This is being looked at as a high priority and hopefully it won’t be too much longer that this goes on for at this point in time.

Nevertheless, we’ll contact you via private message here now shortly so that we can take some further details and log this issue on your account.
Which in turn will help us get you updates directly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @JoeKing 

Glad to hear you’re in contact with someone about this, please keep contact with them.

Tom

Userlevel 4

So has this issue been resolved and what was the actual problem. This issue had been post on this forum about 4 years ago. 

Userlevel 2

The good news is that ID are now fully aware that it's a widespread problem & are working to get it fixed. Luckily it's still not happened again on any of my calls so far this week. 

Userlevel 1

This issue has started again, 3 times today i’ve been cut off mid call with the message “sorry, your service does not allow access to this number”. Clearly it does, because it happened mid call!

Yep so annoying!! Happened loads of times trying to get through to insurance company!!

Userlevel 1

This has happened to me on multiple calls this afternoon. Please could someone advice?

Userlevel 2

One thing that hasn't been asked by ID in this matter & something none of us has mentioned.......handset? If we are all having this problem & we are all using the same brand/model handset it would point to that handset brand, or, are we all having the problem but on various brand handsets?

I'm using a Huawei 30 pro new edition.

What about you guys?

Userlevel 2

This has happened to me on multiple calls this afternoon. Please could someone advice?

Snap.  Looks like it’s back.  :(

Userlevel 1

Hello all I ported my number and it was completed yesterday 15 January 2024, and all services were fine. 

Today now 16 January 2024 I can't make calls or if I do they just cut off when calling the number or in the middle of the call. 

It's the same annoying announcement (Sorry service does not allow access to this number) and the numbers are all mobile or land lines.

What do I need to do as I've turn phone off for 30 mins and turned back on and still happens. 

PS. It's happening all the time! 

I spoke to agent on their chat. They are aware and trying to resolve issue 

Userlevel 4

OK so no one from IDM has an update on these network problems to date  Thursday 25th January 2024 - 1.47pm?

WHAT A MISTAKE I MADE COMING TO THIS NETWORK 

Userlevel 1

Same issue. I was on the call with a hospital. Every time the conversation was interrupted. “Sorry your service does not allow access to this number”…

I have unlimited mins and texts. How to solve this issue? 

Userlevel 1

CALL DROP OUT !!!  Just read the the thread of this problem going all the way back 4 years ago and now experiencing exact same problem.  Come on ID stop bull =#@sh#tting your customers with feeble reasonings and excuses,  just get the damn thing resolved , with no bull communication while you resolve this long running and frustrating  saga.

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue. Yet from the thread it looks like this started 2 years ago?

I can be 10 mins or more in call, before I get cut off

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @GT24 & @pjw67,

We’re sorry to see that you’re both experiencing this issue. As @Kieran C  mentioned, this is being worked on as we speak and we expect there to be a resolution in place very soon.

In the meantime, we will arrange for our Support Team to PM you both now so that we can log this on your respective accounts.

Ryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jason Dixon, @baz069 & @JoeKing 

Sorry to hear this, the team are aware of this issue and are investigating this urgently.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @David Francis,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you still experiencing the issue?

Outages and issues can occur and the team work on getting these fixed as soon as possible.

If you are still having the issue we can PM you for further assistance.

Kash

Still the same as it has been for the last 4 years, as are your responses.

Why iD Mobile?