Solved

Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number

Userlevel 2

PLEASE can someone answer this message for me.  I work for a charity supporting vulnerable and elderly people and I am regularly being cut off during phone calls using my ID mobile SIM.  

I will be mid way through a conversation and suddenly hear three beeps and hear a recorded message saying “sorry your service does not allow access to this number”

I have turned off WIFI calling as I thought that might be causing the issue but it’s still happening!  I know the phone is fine as it works with other SIMS. 

I have resorted to using my personal phone as I cannot trust the ID SIM mobile but I need to get this resolved.

Please help me to resolve this someone?

icon

Best answer by KieranC 31 August 2020, 12:47

View original

100 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey there @Mkol6080, we’re very sorry to hear that you had that experience with the complaints team.

If the complaints team have advised that you’re unable to call, and there’s nothing that we can do, then unfortunately, that is likely to be the case I’m afraid. There are simply some numbers that you can’t call with iD Mobile, and that is something we can’t change ourselves.

If you have any further queries regarding this, I’d recommend re-contacting the complaints team to investigate further as your complaint is already with them and being looked into.

Kind regards,

Tyler

Hi @Tom 

It went to the complaints department and they said 039 number is a Spanish PRS number and is blocked and there is nothing they can do. Which I said is BS as I can call another 039 number and provided the example. What use is the network if I am unable to call a number I need to call?! The complaints dept were appalling, she actually chuckled at me during our conversation when I have made a complaint because I am frustrated I cannot call a number I need to call! Why do I have a phone, to make phone calls (amongst other things).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mkol6080 

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with calling, is this just with this one number or multiple?

We have had a recent outage that we apologise for, we believe services are back up and running, it may be worth rebooting your device to test.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @David Francis 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 1

Did you sort this? I am on day number 3 tomorrow of having this error when trying to call a hotel in Spain from UK. I need to reach this hotel urgently, can't use my husbands phone as he too is with ID and it doesn't work! I have checked all the settings at my end, and as I said, day 3 tomorrow and ID still not resolved the issue...

Hi,  yes my phone is working again.  just started working after a day and a bit.  didn’t do anything special ti get it working.  I raised a complaint and received an email from the complaints team asking me to call them.  Waited on hold for over an hour before the line disconnected. sorry I can’t be of more help.

Did you sort this? I am on day number 3 tomorrow of having this error when trying to call a hotel in Spain from UK. I need to reach this hotel urgently, can't use my husbands phone as he too is with ID and it doesn't work! I have checked all the settings at my end, and as I said, day 3 tomorrow and ID still not resolved the issue...

Userlevel 1

Hi @David Francis,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you still experiencing the issue?

Outages and issues can occur and the team work on getting these fixed as soon as possible.

If you are still having the issue we can PM you for further assistance.

Kash

Still the same as it has been for the last 4 years, as are your responses.

Userlevel 1

How can IDM say this is solved when it is still regularly affecting many customers 3 years after the original post.  If you can’t provide a reliable service please put us all out of our misery and cancel our contracts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @David Francis,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you still experiencing the issue?

Outages and issues can occur and the team work on getting these fixed as soon as possible.

If you are still having the issue we can PM you for further assistance.

Kash

Userlevel 1

CALL DROP OUT !!!  Just read the the thread of this problem going all the way back 4 years ago and now experiencing exact same problem.  Come on ID stop bull =#@sh#tting your customers with feeble reasonings and excuses,  just get the damn thing resolved , with no bull communication while you resolve this long running and frustrating  saga.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @JoeKing 

Glad to hear you’re in contact with someone about this, please keep contact with them.

Tom

Userlevel 4

Hi @JoeKing 

We believe this matter to be resolved, are you still having this issue? If so, this may be isolated to you, not widespread.

Have you tried a replacement SIM card?

Tom

@Tom Thank you for replying problem still currently happing as far as I know. Friday 26th January 2024 I was attending a funeral so phone was on silent all day until we got home 11pm. As for today Saturday 27th January it's just almost 11am and I've yet to make or receive a direct call.

iD Mobile Employee has been in contact with me this past few day's I won't add their name or ID here but if you need this I can send in a PM to you. I've done what they have asked of me also explained other matters on the services to them. 

As for you last question have I had a replacement sim changed, no I have not as I personally know this will not correct the problems that I'm experiencing. 

I know it difficult on your part and the other helpers that aren't employed by IDM, all most customers want are regular updates announcement on problems,  even if the thread was made a sticky and closed solely for information purposes only. Something has to change in the way IDM deal with customers issues more so when they are a common problem across the network. I'm one of the angry customers out here only been with IDM since 2rd January 2024, the only thing that went fine for me was my number ported over on the 15 January. My background as a Telecom Technician and administrator for 40 years plus, I know what can go wrong and what needs to be done. Sadly IDM operates totally different to most mobile provides when it comes to helping their customers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @JoeKing 

We believe this matter to be resolved, are you still having this issue? If so, this may be isolated to you, not widespread.

Have you tried a replacement SIM card?

Tom

Userlevel 4

OK so no one from IDM has an update on these network problems to date  Thursday 25th January 2024 - 1.47pm?

WHAT A MISTAKE I MADE COMING TO THIS NETWORK 

Userlevel 4

So has this issue been resolved and what was the actual problem. This issue had been post on this forum about 4 years ago. 

Userlevel 4

It would of been nice if ID Mobile did a broadcast text to all their customers that this issue that your experience is being dealt with ( and give an example of said issues) and that we'll keeo you upto date at regular intervals.. 

Just polite as you don't get any where with the virtual chat on ID..

Bring back call support lines can't see ID doing such a thing again in my life time. 

Foot note Yes I'm still experiencing this same problem  17th January 2024

I have the same problem, I got cut off about 10 times phone calls yesterday, one call was to my sister who is unwell, I had to call her back about 6 times to try and finish my call!

This is a mobile number I can nearly every day so there is nothing unusual with the number

I’ve also had the same problem, after joining ID mobile recently. About 6 minutes into a call, to a number I call regularly, I get the message: “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number” and the call cuts off. How do I get help with this issue?

Hi @Jason Dixon@baz069 & @JoeKing 

Sorry to hear this, the team are aware of this issue and are investigating this urgently.

Tom

Hi Tom

appreciate the reply, however, it was still happening throughout a call at 1530 ish. Very annoying

Appreciate the support

I am new to ID mobile and have had calls dropped all day. These are to local landline numbers. I will be mid way through a conversation and suddenly hear three beeps and hear a recorded message saying “sorry your service does not allow access to this number”.

Please assist as I cannot continue with contract if phone cannot make calls

Userlevel 4

Hi @Jason Dixon@baz069 & @JoeKing 

Sorry to hear this, the team are aware of this issue and are investigating this urgently.

Tom

@Tom  thanks for your feedback as I'm unable to use the live chat funtion.

By the way no way I'm having a dig at you but this issue has been going on for a long time over the year's and still has not been resolved permanently. 

I for one understand the setback and anger customers have or facing having being an administrator in the Telecom industry for a good number of year's. 

With ID mobile there no way to speak to a human being to report issues and if you have no broadband, WI-FI or data you can't communicate with ID. 

Still thanks for keep us in the loop Tom most appreciated, but this problem is frustrating. 

My phone has cut out six times today on three calls, all with the interruption of the beep and female voice claiming I don't have permission, then cutting me off. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jason Dixon, @baz069 & @JoeKing 

Tom

I too am now getting cut off during a call. It happened three times. 
sorry but this service does not allow calls to this number 

please resolve this issue asap. 

Userlevel 4

Hello all I ported my number and it was completed yesterday 15 January 2024, and all services were fine. 

Today now 16 January 2024 I can't make calls or if I do they just cut off when calling the number or in the middle of the call. 

It's the same annoying announcement (Sorry service does not allow access to this number) and the numbers are all mobile or land lines.

What do I need to do as I've turn phone off for 30 mins and turned back on and still happens. 

PS. It's happening all the time! 

I spoke to agent on their chat. They are aware and trying to resolve issue 

OK thanks for the update 😉

Why iD Mobile?