News

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility

Show first post

159 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article has been updated with 2 OPPO devices that have been tested and approved for use on the iD 5G network 06/07/21. More devices will follow. 

Thanks, 

Emil

Please can someone add 

• Oppo Find X2 NEO 5g 

PPLLEEAASSEE

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Yelloperil this has now been approved, please see the updated list above. 

Article updated on 09/07/21 with Samsung A22 5G

Are you likley to include OnePlus on your list of compatible phones? The Nord 2 5G in particular.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

This list has now been updated with the Motorola G50

Emil

Hey @AndyX2Pro 

No problem at all. 

Unfortunately there are no current plans to test the X2 Pro. We are constantly working with our network partners Three and suppliers to expand our list of 5G compatible devices.

In regards to the ideation board, my vision is for it to work how you describe, so let’s see!

We are aiming tor a January/February launch.

Hope my answer helps and thanks for your question :grinning:

Emil

Hello Emil

Sorry for be a pain like many others 🙂 but why isn’t Oppo Find X2 Pro in the list?? 

5 months ago (reference to the quoted comment) you said there weren’t any plans.

But what about at the moment?? I can see the Find x3 Neo is on the list which has the exact same snapdragon chipset as the Find x2 Pro (Snapdragon 865) on that base it should be a viable phone to be compatible with 5G ID Network :)  

Kind Regards

Taimur

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Sandy Jenner Unfortunately, this is still an untested device. We are unable to disclose what devices will be tested or are currently being tested. However, we are always looking to add more smartphones to our 5G compatible portfolio.

Emil

This means that we will not be able to provide you with any help or support with a 5G device that is not compatible with our network because we have not officially tested it. However, just because we have not tested the 5G device ourselves. It does not mean that the device will not be able to connect to our network.

I hope that helps answer your question. 

Emil

Hello

That is understandable, I was indeed curious because it would be nice to have the 5G once in a while (I don’t yet live in 5G area).

So even if it doesn’t get tested the smartphones will at some point receive a iD network information update to be able to connect to the 5G network? as our 5G phones are just limited by the automatic network selection from iD (preferred network type: 4G/3G/2GAuto)

Many Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Just wondering as anyone got this phone? I have just got a Motorola G plus 5g can you confirm if this will work  or not on I'd 5g network my old phone did and it's not listed anywhere on the I'd site that is the Xiaomi mi 10t lite thanks john

You don't seem to reply to these messages very often - it appears you are just as slow at updates as you are testing!!

What about the OPPO Find X2 Neo? It worked fine with 5G on Three so why not ID?

As you've tested later models I fear you'll skip this one and I'll have to change network again.

Userlevel 2

You can use workarounds to get 5g connection on your phone.  Samsung Band Selection is a good one. Just an app in play store.  5G worked fine for me on ID, then android 12 update got rid of it.  Now I use band selection app when I want to pick up the 5G signal again.  

Hope this helps someone. 

There are no Sony phones on the list.

I have a Sony Xperia 1 ii which has 5G band 78NSA.

When will this be supported please?

Thanks,Michael

Userlevel 1

This element of ID mobile is the only aspect that lets it down. I have a Realme 7 5G phone.

I previously used Smarty..that also uses the Three network with no such issues. I could use the 5G network with no issues.

Now I'm with ID mobile, no option to use 5G despite the phone being 5G and frustrating that I'm at the mercy of when ID mobile will complete the compatibility for my phone😢😢

Extremely disappointing as recently Three have turned on the 5G in my area and turned off the 3G and the 4G signal has got worse😭

Please hurry up with the testing🤔🤔🤔

Userlevel 1

@Sandy Jenner Unfortunately, this is still an untested device. We are unable to disclose what devices will be tested or are currently being tested. However, we are always looking to add more smartphones to our 5G compatible portfolio.

Emil

I just ordered a new sim, I wouldn't have bothered if realised earlier that Samsungs latest flagship phones don't work on 5g

Userlevel 1

i’m afraid, the customer service is very poor and negative with regard to the oppo mobiles and the time frame of 5G to be implemented by ID mobile. 

I have asked oppo to make sure that they address this point, as it’s misleading to have a specification that's not applicable in the country it’s being sold in 

having said that, there is a warning 

*Qualcomm Snapdragon™️ 765G supports both SA and NSA 5G modes. Considering the actual construction progress of 5G network infrastructure by some countries, regions, or carriers, SA mode might be unavailable on OPPO Reno4 5G series.

Slim list… hopefully it reaches the Galaxy A90 5G soon so I can be tempted back to iD (although curious if anyone has any luck with it on unsupported devices - Wifi Calling/VoLTE worked fine even though this phone isn’t on the list)

Same here. It's very annoying to have a compatible

phone which is effectively blocked because it's not on an "approved" list. Misleading advertising.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey everyone, this article has been updated to include the entire iPhone 13 range as of 22/09/21.

Emil

Userlevel 1

I barely get 3g...

That's very poor.

Userlevel 1

i have been unable for ID mobile and 3 along with oppo customer services to explain to me as to why those 5G mobiles from oppo are not on the list 

all they do is blame each other and none of them make any sense as to when these oppo models will be included

on the strength of my verbal communications over many months and hours with all of the above, I have to conclude that these mobiles will never be added to the list for 5G UK networking 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

List updated on 20/07/21 with Oppo Find X2 Lite and Oppo Find X3 Pro.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

The 5G device list has been updated with the Oppo Find X3 Lite on 23/07/21.

Userlevel 1

Do you have a list of phones you are working through for testing the support and will the Oppo Reno phone be on that list? 

From reading the message above it says “In theory, yes, having a 5G enabled device means you should be able to connect to a 5G network. However, until we have tested every 5G capable device on our network for any potential compatibility issues, we cannot provide a blanket statement of saying ‘all devices work’. ”

Does this mean that the Oppo Reno might work - just you do not say it is officially supported yet? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Yelloperil,

Unfortunately we can’t provide a timescale but we are adding more devices to the list.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?