F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Show first post

237 replies

Is there a problem with ordering an upgrade online? I'm going through the 4 stages at checkout and it's taking all details but just returning me to step one. Am getting rather annoyed and about to go shop elsewhere
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi I have had my phone for over a year on iD mobile for over a year now and ive invested a new phone but still would like to keep my sim. I am keeping my phone but I need it unlocked so I can keep it just incase I need a phone? how does someone unlock their iphone so if they get different sim and number they can still keep the phone?

Hello @erinleisha,

If your phone is locked to our network, you can get in touch with us and we can arrange for the handset to be unlocked to any UK network. This can take up to 72-hours to complete.

Mohammed
hi I have had my phone for over a year on iD mobile for over a year now and ive invested a new phone but still would like to keep my sim. I am keeping my phone but I need it unlocked so I can keep it just incase I need a phone? how does someone unlock their iphone so if they get different sim and number they can still keep the phone?
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @Dave777.

You may have the option to upgrade your monthly contract within your ID Mobile App or on our website if you sign in and look within there.

It may prove vastly more cost effective to pay a little more a month to increase your overall package than to have to rely on emergency add-on's.

Kevin
Can I purchase a sim-only deal using my ID contract account as you just charged me £7 for 1Gb add-on which, to a loyal customer, is a rip-off. I want a 20Gb deal but want to keep my contract number. I need it ASAP.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am currently on a sim-only contract. Through the app, there is an upgrade where the price of the contract is the same (£5 a month) but it comes with more data, 1.5GB instead of the 1GB I currently have. Is it possible to switch to this better contract without ordering a new sim.Hey @Dragon912,

Sounds like a tariff change to me.

Any order placed via the app/account through either the upgrade/tariff change sections will keep the same account and number.

In some cases, we send out a new SIM with this but it's usually blank.

You'll know it's an upgrade/plan change as it won't ask you to enter details like your name, address etc.

Mohammed
@Mohammed
The checkout for the upgrade suggests a new sim will be delivered. Will this result in 2 contracts and 2 sims in total, or will my current contract and corresponding sim be changed to the new contract. This is so I know whether to cancel my current contract when i upgrade to a new one.

Hey @Dragon912,

If you're definitely placing this via the upgrade section and aren't being requested details for an additional credit check or Direct Debit, then it'll just be a blank SIM that's sent automatically with the upgrade.

The old SIM should just update to the new tariff and price plan and the number and payment date will remain the same.

The new SIM can be activated if required but we'd need to do this manually.

We send out a new SIM with upgrades as it usually means a new phone is being purchased, be it with us, or with a third party so we just want to make sure you've got the right sized SIM.

It should be clearly stated this is a plan change/upgrade when placing this and this would be done via the upgrade/plan change section when you've logged into your account online/in the app.

Mohammed

I am currently on a sim-only contract. Through the app, there is an upgrade where the price of the contract is the same (£5 a month) but it comes with more data, 1.5GB instead of the 1GB I currently have. Is it possible to switch to this better contract without ordering a new sim.Hey @Dragon912,

Any order placed via the app/account through either the upgrade/tariff change sections will keep the same account and number.

You'll know it's an upgrade/plan change as it won't ask you to enter details like your name, address etc.

Mohammed

@Mohammed
The checkout for the upgrade suggests a new sim will be delivered. Will this result in 2 contracts and 2 sims in total, or will my current contract and corresponding sim be changed to the new contract. This is so I know whether to cancel my current contract when i upgrade to a new one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I am currently on a sim-only contract. Through the app, there is an upgrade where the price of the contract is the same (£5 a month) but it comes with more data, 1.5GB instead of the 1GB I currently have. Is it possible to switch to this better contract without ordering a new sim.

Hey @Dragon912,

Mohammed
I am currently on a sim-only contract. Through the app, there is an upgrade where the price of the contract is the same (£5 a month) but it comes with more data, 1.5GB instead of the 1GB I currently have. Is it possible to switch to this better contract without ordering a new sim.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
How can I unlock my iPhone so I can get a different sim to use abroad please

Hello @Pinky123,

Our phones are retailed to be used on a UK network and we would not be able to unlock a device to be used with a foreign network SIM. If you would like us to unlock your device for a UK SIM this is something we can look into.

I am looking to buy the pay monthly sim with 300 minutes, unlimited texts, and 10GB of data, however need to know if it only lasts for 1 month, or if I can keep refreshing it after each month.

Hello @Steven,

The minimum contract length is 30-days rolling, so after 30-days, you'll start again for a new 30-days (also known as a rolling monthly contract).

After 30-days, your allowances simply refresh again and you can keep the SIM.

When you want to cancel, you can do this at any time with 30-days notice.

Mohammed
I am looking to buy the pay monthly sim with 300 minutes, unlimited texts, and 10GB of data, however need to know if it only lasts for 1 month, or if I can keep refreshing it after each month.
How can I unlock my iPhone so I can get a different sim to use abroad please

Why iD Mobile?