F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Show first post

243 replies

I received a new sim card from ID Mobile last year and i’ve noticed its using the Virgin Mobile network (which is very bad in my area). Has anyone else experienced this?

Hello @Jesh,

That doesn’t sound right.

iD Mobile uses Three UK’s network for coverage so wouldn’t connect to Virgin Media’s network.

Mohammed

i am not sure why this is happening , when i manually try to switch to an ID network it just goes back to the Virgin network. Do you think it is a faulty sim?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Jomo,

Glad to hear that @andewhite’s suggestion solved this!

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I received a new sim card from ID Mobile last year and i’ve noticed its using the Virgin Mobile network (which is very bad in my area). Has anyone else experienced this?

Where did you get the handset that you’re using with your iD SIM card? 

If it was not supplied by iD Mobile, your handset might be locked to another network @Jesh

Userlevel 1

tom first thanks very much for your advice, second im sorry i cant find any button allowing me to mark your answer as most helpful, even tho it was the only answer i still want to give you the kudos. what does this button look like?

If it was not supplied by iD Mobile, your handset might be locked to another network @Jesh

the phone is unlocked to all networks and i used to be connected to ID Network with my old sim.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @thedods.

Welcome to the Community!

Are you able to call people without any issues?

Have you ported your number over to iD Mobile recently?

It may be worth testing your SIM in a different handset to see if that makes a difference.

We’ll advise further once you get back to us.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

tom first thanks very much for your advice, second im sorry i cant find any button allowing me to mark your answer as most helpful, even tho it was the only answer i still want to give you the kudos. what does this button look like?

Okay @kmac, the “Most Helpful Answer” link isn’t there when the topic was started as a “Post” instead of a “Question”.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If it was not supplied by iD Mobile, your handset might be locked to another network @Jesh

the phone is unlocked to all networks and i used to be connected to ID Network with my old sim.

The only way your handset could be using the Virgin Media network, would be if the SIM you’re using is configured for Virgin Media as the preferred network. 

It doesn’t seem likely an iD Mobile SIM would be configured this way, but who can be certain.
Does this SIM behave in the same way in a different handset @Jesh?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jesh,

Please let us know what happens when you try the SIM in a different handset.

If you still have issues, please let us know.

Kash

Hello, 

I wanted to change my plan to a plan with less data but when trying to change it on the app I was given two options one was the exact same plan I’m on but the cost was cheaper and the other was for unlimited data and the cost was also cheaper. I’m a little confused as to why that is and would also like to ask if I do change plans to one of the following listed will the monthly cost be exactly what’s stated below without any extra costs. 

Hi Rory,

Many thanks for your assistance so far. However I am still waiting for my refund. Can you look in to this please? I feel I should have received it by now.

Thanks,

Ruhul

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ZeldaS,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Got a question? Then go ahead and post it below!

please answer problems seems to be a problem sending my message.John Bartlett

Hi @thedods.

Welcome to the Community!

Are you able to call people without any issues?

Have you ported your number over to iD Mobile recently?

It may be worth testing your SIM in a different handset to see if that makes a difference.

We’ll advise further once you get back to us.

Kash

I could make calls just fine. I've had the sim for about a year.  The aim seems fine I'm other handsets but certain people still can't call me. 

I have just upgraded my iDmobile account and received an email from the sales team to call them on this number 02071391397.

I have been trying since 9am yesterday and they are not taking calls at this time. How do I complete the upgrade or can I cancel it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @garryg,

The team are available between 9.30am-4.30pm on 0207 1391 397 Monday-Friday.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Nope, they are still not taking calls. Three days now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Waiting months for currys vouchers after recommending my husband! Can someone update us please 

Hey @Gill Wilkinson,

Are you referring to the Refer a Friend scheme?

You can find the Terms & Conditions here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions-refer-a-friend

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?