F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Show first post

243 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @leegroves,

We’ll try our best to answer all your questions.

1. You can use your SIM for hotspot, however we can’t guarantee that it would be compatible with a Wi-Fi Router.
  2. If you are on a 30 day rolling contract you can change your plan every 30 days to any available/eligible plan.
  3. We don’t offer any way to pause the contract and you would continue to be charged until you cancel even if you weren’t to use it.
  4. If you join anytime after 21st June 2023, you can use 30GB data whilst abroad if your plan included 30GB or more of data. You can find further information at the link :https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy#after-june-2023

Kash

My plan doesn’t end until 31.12.22, why is Id offering me a change on 2.11.22? At the end of this plan I will have bought the phone and will choose the £6/month plan with 4 Gig of data and unlimited texts & calls, how can I do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Robertfairfoot,

You can usually upgrade around 60 days before your contract minimum term. If you wish to move to a SIM only contract you would need to wait until the minimum term expiry. You should be able to see the options available once the minimum expiry term has passed.

Kash

Hi, thanks for your reply, so I guess the best option for the months where I don’t need it would be to just choose the cheapest monthly tariff? , also, if I found the coverage suitable, can I transfer my current Vodafone number at a later date? i wouldn’t risk doing it straight away as a year or so ago Voda was the only network that would get a signal inside my house, although when I check on a network coverage site, Voda comes out the weakest, the 30gb roaming really appeals to me tho 👍, so if I find it works well in my house I would transfer later, cheers

Most helpful, thanks Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Sandra Papuga,

The quickest way is to get a replacement SIM from Currys which is free.

This will then need to be activated which can be done on https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/your-sim-card

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Robertfairfoot 

You’re Welcome.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

I have a Sim only deal and want to change to a package with more data.  Will I keep my existing Sim?  Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @leegroves,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have a 30 day rolling SIM card you can change the plan every 30 days. If you weren’t using the SIM you can change the tariff to the cheapest one.

Regarding the number port, you can port your number from a different network anytime over to replace your original iD Mobile number.

You can port the number using the link HERE.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dawn Alford 

It may be best to do what we’d call a triangle port.

Move the number you’d like to keep via PAC code from the current iD Mobile plan to another network’s Pay As You Go SIM card, once it’s moved there use a PAC code to move it from there to the new iD Mobile contact plan.

Tom

I have just purchased a 30-day rolling sim-only deal with unlimited data. I only need to use this SIM for 1 month. How do I make sure this is cancelled after the first 30 days and that I am not charged beyond this?

How do I stop 1 of my accounts being cancelled?

I keep getting emails from you saying that you are going to cancel my wife's account?

We have only joined 4 day's ago and she has not requested for her account to be closed. 

Her name is Mariama Mclea the phone number is REMOVED

I'm her husband and I pay all the sim only plan's by direct debit for my account and my wife's and son's accounts. 

My wife asked me to contact you regarding this matter and to stop you from closing her account?

This is ridiculous. I've only just opened 3 sim only plan's paid monthly by direct debit 4 day's ago.

You have sent me an email saying that you are going to close my wife's account and she has not requested this?

I want you to not cancel my wife's account?

If you do then I will have to cancel my account and my son's. 

This is urgent ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Rebecca Shamara Herath,

You can submit a 30 day cancellation request immediately. 30 days after the request is made, the line will be disconnected.

Will

Hi there, I submitted the online form on Friday to transfer my mobile number to ID with the PAC code however nothing has happened and I have had no messages regarding it. Please could someone advise where I go from here?

many thanks,

ali

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Antann2toms,

We’re sorry to hear about this issue. If you were to try your SIM card with another phone, do the speeds increase? This will let us know if there is a device fault.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I get the same results in my wife's Samsung.

I also had a problem with my call being cut off with the message about sorry your service is not available etc.

Userlevel 1

I need to speak to someone going round in circles 

I signed up with id on Fri 1st Sep, my number gets ported Tuesday 5th Sep, I have not got my sim and tomorrow my sim goes off.

I got email saying it's dispatched, but no tracking number.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ireneritchie,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now so we can take your details and get that logged for you.

Will

Please advise, my number gets ported tomorrow I don't want to be left with no network.

I got email saying dispatched but no tracking.

I did not realise there was no customer services, I will have to leave id now 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Please advise, my number gets ported tomorrow I don't want to be left with no network.

I got email saying dispatched but no tracking.

I did not realise there was no customer services, I will have to leave id now 

Unfortunately an iD SIM order is sent by Royal Mail (without tracking), and iD Mobile do advise allowing 3-5 working days for delivery, from the date of dispatch.

Your order might not arrive until 8th September @Kieran96

So why would they port my number so soon, before I get my sim, now I will be left with no way to make an receive calls.

Not very good customer services they have, you have to post on a forum and hope you get a answer.

As soon as I get my sim am off to a real network THREE where you can phone customer services.

Is there any way I can stop my number porting and cancel my move and close account. I only joined on Friday 1st Sep, am within my cooling of period 

Why iD Mobile?