F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Show first post

243 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ally07 

Sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the date you received the email “Congratulations NAME, your reward is coming!”?

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dentay 

Could you let us know a little more about this issue?

What circles is it sending you in?

Are you using the iD Mobile port form?

What error do you get?

Does your transaction number begin with a 4?

Tom

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @jtobin11 

Due to an unforeseen delay in stock from the manufacturer, some orders are being sent out later than expected.

We understand this may cause disappointment and are working on getting these orders dispatched as soon as is possible.

You can check the status of your order with our live chat team, please click here.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday. 

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section.  

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient. 

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. 

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically. 

Hi @Ally07 

Sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the date you received the email “Congratulations NAME, your reward is coming!”?

Tom

I never received anything after sending referral , my partner is the person who took a new contract from the link , I set it all up for him as he doesn’t know how to do it , I can even give you his number but not on a public forum, I spoke on chat and they said someone would contact me but I have heard nothing.

I got a pac code from my old network and have submitted the form on ID mobile to transfer my number  across. It was fine and worked. However, I later recieved a text to say there was an issue with either my mobile number, surname, or transaction number. Has it worked or not? Will my number be transferred?

My contract has expired and I want to turn to SIM only. My son is using the phone in the USA so I was hoping that it wouldn’t actually involve a new SIM altogether. Can you confirm whether I will definitely need a new SIM or whether it is possible to switch the current SIM to SIM only mode?

Thanks very much

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Bethany96,

Sounds like something may not be quite right.

We’ll send you a Private Message now to get this looked into and make sure all goes to plan with your number transfer.

Will

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Lorraine Steel,

Welcome to the Community!

I would advise to ensure the number is updated in your settings under iMessage,Facetime and Phone.

If you still have issues, please try removing the SIM and leaving the handset off for a few minutes. You can then reinsert the SIM and restart the handset.

Kash

I’ve got my new SIM card and it’s working but my mobile number has not transferred over. I’ve done all the PAC stuff which worked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SMunro 

What issues are you having with the number not having transferred?

Have you had a text from us to confirm the number has transferred over?

Tom

This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Got a question? Then go ahead and post it below!

I would like to make an additional payment without affecting my direct debit. Is this possible? My daughter needs a new phone and I can't get her a new contract phone until I have made three payments. I would like to make an additional payment and still have my direct debit taken as normal. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Chez51,

I’ve replied to you today via Social Media already.

Making a payment additionally won’t speed up the ability to upgrade as you were advised by Carphone Warehouse.

Sorry about that!

Please refer to our existing conversation via Social Media.

Mohammed

Sim card stopped working after 3 days.

A new sim bought for my lad. 3 days in and nothing, no data no calls or service.

Not impressed.  How do i get this sorted?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sim card stopped working after 3 days.

A new sim bought for my lad. 3 days in and nothing, no data no calls or service.

Not impressed.  How do i get this sorted?

You could get a replacement iD SIM card, from any branch of Currys.

Will an iDmobile pay monthly SIM work in a Doro 7030  phone?

Is my OnePlus Nord 2 5G supported by ID Mobile? I can’t see a list of supported phones on the website.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @asfb 

Unfortunately the Doro 7030 is not on our supported devices list, sorry.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets

Tom

Well that’ll be NO SALE then!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Scaffolder444 

Have you tried a replacement SIM from Currys as suggested by @andewhite above?

Please let us know if you still require assistance so we can reach out.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pinn73 

Apologies, this post appears to have been lost in the more recent high volumes, are you still having issues with calling any 0345 numbers?

Is it just one 0345 number specifically?

Are you sure the number is indeed a free one? Are they able to call you?

Tom

Hi @Pinn73 

Apologies, this post appears to have been lost in the more recent high volumes, are you still having issues with calling any 0345 numbers?

Is it just one 0345 number specifically?

Are you sure the number is indeed a free one? Are they able to call you?

Tom

Hi. I got this sorted with the Twitter team. Thanks

This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

I’d like to take out a monthly data sim, I have a few questions before I commit  thanks, Lee

1) I believe I can use my phone as a hotspot for my other devices, am I also able to use a mobile wifi router?

2) can you please confirm that I can also change plan from 1 month to the next. ie. Change from unlimited data plan down to a more basic plan and vice Versa?

3) I may not want to use the sim for maybe 3 months of the year, can I keep it on hold now and then for 1-3 months and not be charged, then start paying again on a monthly basis? I intend to use the sim for around 6-9 months of the year, hence why the 1 month contract would suit me best, but only if I’m able to do this

4) am I correct in thinking that I can use 30gb data while roaming as long as my current plan includes at least 30gb+?

that’s all, thanks again

I inserted my new SIM and started PAC migration on 26 April. My network has been dead since. Using the app on Wi-Fi, it shows my migrated number. If people call me, they are told my number is ‘not recognised’. I have nothing on my title bar, no signal bars, no network name, no 3/4G. My husband ported no problem on same day. His ID SIM works fine in my phone, my SIM is dead in my phone and when inserted in my husband’s and son’s phones. I’ve sought help on ID chat support 4 times. it’s been raised with tech twice but still no joy. I got a replacement SIM from Currys as per one of the ID chat suggestions. I’ve used the app (on Wi-Fi) and activated my number on the new SIM. It’s still dead no matter what phone I put the sim in. I’ve raised that again with support, but no further on. We both came from Three contracts and have sim free iPhone X’s. Oh, and the chap in curry’s tried to help by checking the apn of my original ID SIM by placing it in his dual sim phone. He could see my telephone number but did say the SIM was inactive. The replacement SIM has gone the same way. It’s clear that the device is not the issue. Having a second sim and same issues suggests it’s not the actual SIM. Something isn’t right at the ID side of things but I can’t get anyone with enough savvy or experience to resolve this issue. It’s so frustrating. Has anyone had experience of this or know how to get ID to resolve?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chelle 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I need a new sim card asap please help

Why iD Mobile?